Premier League shafting the rest again?

uttoxram75

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Totally ******* ridiculous.

Football has gone to **** now.

I'm giving up on it and gonna watch the Soaps and TOWIE instead now.

I also can't believe they have the audacity to try and justify it by saying it will improve the England team. It's unbelievably disrespectful and insulting to the Football League.

I really hope one day it breaks away from the PL completely and becomes like some American leagues like the Basketball, in which there is the glamorous NBA and then the NCAA, which is separate.

Or maybe even, a number of forms should set up a completely new Football Association with a new Football League, in the same way Rugby League was born as a rebellion from the Rugby Union...

It would be extreme but with the way football is going maybe necessary...

What happens if 2 or 3 clubs are interested in one player?

Also wouldn't this mean that clubs are more likely to hold on to the players that they produce, as they won't get enough to buy two players if they sell one. Clubs can still say no to an approach. The problem will only come when contracts run out so put them on contracts for longer.

Maybe having an efficient academy producing quality players will be the best and most cost efficient way of improving your squad?

Also wouldn't this mean that clubs are more likely to hold on to the players that they produce, as they won't get enough to buy two players if they sell one. Clubs can still say no to an approach. The problem will only come when contracts run out so put them on contracts for longer.

Maybe having an efficient academy producing quality players will be the best and most cost efficient way of improving your squad?

They BBC Blog says the selling club could start a bidding war.

What the clubs should do, is shut the acadamy's down, throw hundreds of ex pro's on the dole, and puck the international teams up in a few years time.

There will be no kids coming through for the robbing baskets to steal, and no future players for England, Wales etc.

Then see what happens.

Would like to say more, but so peed off, i don't think now is the time.

clubs can say no to an approach but would the players/parents etc want be happy with that?

There should be a boycott of games by fans on a certain saturday, to show their disgust.

I'm quite sure that if only 3-4 thou turned up at a Derby, Leeds West Ham etc home game, then the clubs would take notice.

Are the lower league clubs too stupid to think, that it doesn't affects them.

well it sounds like they were held to ransom on this, the premier league threatening to hold 5 million in funds away from the 72 league teams unless they voted yes, the premier league in my mind can now fuc* off. This is the death of British football and now the tide is becoming irreversible with the big clubs remaining big for seemingly forever more. Whoever voted yes to this should resign with immediate effect and never touch a football league club again, they have sold themselves out, their clubs and most importantly the FANS. The only way we can stop the premier league is if the football league grows some balls and says no to them.

Archived