When do you really think we will get out of this division?

sideshowbob

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As per subject,

How long do you actually believe it will take to get out of this division with NLN and co?

(and I mean promoted!!)

How long do you actually believe it will take people to lose interest in a WUM like you?

How long does the shush have to be before a c**t gives up and goes back to LTLF to moan about the Scum's sorry situation???

ssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhuuuuuuuuuuuu

uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuusssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssh

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

About that long???

Never. Next the season some crazy ass mofos will change the Premiership to the Soccer world series. The ten best teams will travel the world playing matchs and making billions of £s whilst the rest of the leagues are left to rot with no money or investment thanks to football league rules which state your wage bill must be no more than 0.00000001% of your turnover so the rest of the money can be donated to the Soccer World Series to invest in sky.

It could happen...

If we did go up this season, which is quite a big if when you compare our current side to others in the league, we'd have to spend HUGE amounts of money to stay in the premiership. Which goes against what we've been doing for 3 seasons. I'm quite happy to see Derby improving gradually and becoming a force in division 1 first to prepare us better for the prem so we can stay there and continue to improve.

May be wrong but I'm sure I read that derby are currently 1 of 5 teams in the division that are already witting the financial fair play thing already, I know boro are too! Coincidence that both chairmen are on league committee??

But back to the subject.. Has it not been on Ssn about ferguson moaning about some foreign owners not wanting promotion and relegation to and from the prem!! Like I said.. May be wrong

May be wrong but I'm sure I read that derby are currently 1 of 5 teams in the division that are already witting the financial fair play thing already, I know boro are too! Coincidence that both chairmen are on league committee??

But back to the subject.. Has it not been on Ssn about ferguson moaning about some foreign owners not wanting promotion and relegation to and from the prem!! Like I said.. May be wrong

I tihnk it is 1 in 5 - in the top 2 divisions. Not just ours!

As per subject,

How long do you actually believe it will take to get out of this division with NLN and co?

(and I mean promoted!!)

how long is a piece of string, it will happen when we are good enough and as long as we improve as a team and a club I am not too bothered how long it takes

well it won't be this season and i wouldn't want to go up this season it would be a disaster. For me, we have to achieve it or be close to achieving it by 2014.

The problem is the TV deals the Football League deal is 26% less from next year, however relegated clubs get 12m a year for 4 years. So it really depends who goes down, if well run clubs like Norwich, Swansea and West Brom come down they will get a big advantage. However if clubs like West Ham and Birmingham come down in financial distress then any advantage may be lost in trying to conform to FFP, (SO LONG AS IT IS NOT WATERED DOWN). Also clubs like Leeds have much larger turnover than us so they will have an advantage.

I am not convinced we are in as good a position as is painted, wages have to go down to 60% of turnover and we are a long way from that and also break-even. 3 clubs last year were already in profit, although some like Forest have a lot more to do.

The problem is the TV deals the Football League deal is 26% less from next year, however relegated clubs get 12m a year for 4 years. So it really depends who goes down, if well run clubs like Norwich, Swansea and West Brom come down they will get a big advantage. However if clubs like West Ham and Birmingham come down in financial distress then any advantage may be lost in trying to conform to FFP, (SO LONG AS IT IS NOT WATERED DOWN). Also clubs like Leeds have much larger turnover than us so they will have an advantage.

I am not convinced we are in as good a position as is painted, wages have to go down to 60% of turnover and we are a long way from that and also break-even. 3 clubs last year were already in profit, although some like Forest have a lot more to do.

out of interest, why do the wages need to go down to 60% of turnover? The FFP states wages can be 100% of turnover but no more, doesnt it?

Well, I can't comment on the finance side of things because

a) I know nowt about it, and

b ) Finance conversations bore me stoopid.

So, instead I'll mention about going up this season. A lot of people don't want us to go up and I can understand why. But, at the minute, we're going about our business and doing well as a result.

The question I have is for campers who don't want to go up. If (and yes, it's a big if), we carry on doing well and manage to get to the play off positions, or indeed an automatic place - which I'm sure would make us all cheer - surely you wouldn't want us to lose? Isn't the dream of promotion the reason why all teams compete?

I'm just interested to know what people's thought's would be if that scenario came about? I know obviously it will take as long it takes - but you never know, it could happen this season.

out of interest, why do the wages need to go down to 60% of turnover? The FFP states wages can be 100% of turnover but no more, doesnt it?

That is for next season but the plan is to bring it down on a sliding scale to 60%. It depends on how long that scale is to whether we find it tough in future years. At present there are only half a dozen who would not make it and risk sanctions, one of which is Forest.

i say we'll be ready in two years. Anytime before that and we'll probably just plummet back down. Rather Nigel took his time ,built the right squad up and then went for it. There's no rush to get into the PL and were not getting relegated anytime soon, so just sit back and enjoy the the steady increase of quality football at PP 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Archived