When do you really think we will get out of this division?

sideshowbob

With our present set up (GSE/unambitious billionaire owners), promotion will always be just another couple of years away.

We should all be grateful to Clough for not allowing that useless GSE/Jewell squad to take us down a division. Clough’s finally got his own squad this season and it’s developing nicely. It’s cheap, cheerful, and relatively entertaining. But over a long season in this tough league we’re still at least 4 or 5 decent players away from being serious promotion prospects.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Longer than it will take Forest - but for them it will be the trapdoor

Just heard Clough on RD talking about it, sensibly doesnt give a timescale but mentioned that we are a couple of years ahead in terms of FFP preparation.

So does Clough believe we should have been relegated then, seeing as we have been fighting it for the last 2.5 years. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':rolleyes:' /> 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

Nothing is ever boring with Derby. We're either fearing relegation or looking for a promotion.

In the grand scheme of thing we should all really accept a bit of nothingness. It'd be an improvement on last year and we wouldn't get caught out in the Premiership. Doesn't sound very ambitious.... but having spent a few years worrying about going down let's just try to walk before we run.

A season or two of near misses (but not too near so we endure mass suicides) will do. Maybe sell a few players onto the PL after they've impressed in a decent Championship side..... bring in the pick of League 1. A couple of decent players from our division who can see we're getting closer to challlenging for top spot..... all sounds worth it imo.

Besides, getting in the Premiership is only good for exposure and cash. On the pitch you might aswell write 5 or 6 aways games off as heavy defeats and perhaps 6 or 7 home games as "draws at best".

Even if we stayed up i'd imagine our first few years in the PL would mostly contain frustrating Saturdays. Suppose it's all about the grand scheme of things in there though aswell. Bloody boring though.

2086, it will be a chilly afternoon down Pride Plaza, looks like we may have a spot of rain later in the evening. It won't be enough to ruin the celebrations of returning to the Arabian Premiership. Glick's pickled head in the trophy cabinet will be the Mecca for Derby fans as they pray at night on their American flag themed DCFC doormats.

2086, it will be a chilly afternoon down Pride Plaza, looks like we may have a spot of rain later in the evening. It won't be enough to ruin the celebrations of returning to the Arabian Premiership. Glick's pickled head in the trophy cabinet will be the Mecca for Derby fans as they pray at night on their American flag themed DCFC doormats.

You on LSD blud?

I would love that to happen 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

Top 8 this year.

Top 6 2012/2013

Promotion 2013/2014

Survive 2014/2015 (Clough signs a new 4 year contract)

Finish 14th in prem 2015/2016

Get into Europa Cup (but get knocked out by Porto) 2016/2017

Top 4 2017/2018 - Clough gets Englands managers job.

Relegation 2018/2019

Relegation 2019/2020

Relegation 2020/2021

Derby County fold as a club 8th September 2021.

till the moon deserts the sky

till all the seas run dry

till then i'll whorship ewes

ewes are my reason to live

all i own i would give

just to have ewes adore me

who are yer!

who are yer!

Archived