Kilbane, Riggott and Pearson Updates

Day

KEVIN Kilbane remains a doubt for Derby County's home game against Millwall tomorrow.

A hamstring strain forced Kilbane to miss the victory at Nottingham Forest last weekend and the left-back role was filled by Gareth Roberts.

"Kevin does not have a major hamstring problem and we will assess him – but he is doubtful," said manager Nigel Clough.

"We have games against Barnsley and Leicester City next week and we have got to make sure he is 100% right when he comes back."

Klbane, the 34-year-old Republic of Ireland international, had started all of Derby's games this season before the Forest clash.

Chris Riggott has started training with the squad again following a sore Achilles tendon.

The defender, who signed a one-year deal in August, has been pencilled in for next Wednesday's reserve fixture against Burton Albion.

"We will try and get him a few days' training and then he will play at Burton, if all goes well," said Clough.

Riggott has not tasted match action since he played and scored in a pre-season friendly at Crewe on July 26.

Clough also says that Stephen Pearson has started running and should not be far away from joining in training.

The Scottish midfielder's only appearance for the first team this season was a start in the defeat by Shrewsbury Town in the Carling Cup.

He has been sidelined with an abdominal injury.

http://www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/story-13388349-detail/story.html

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Pearson plays, our good times will take a blow. League 2 player.

I prefer Roberts over Kilbane too.

Not very confident Riggott will see much senior football this season. Maybe a handful of sub appearances and a couple of starts if we have meaningless games at the end of the season? He needed to be fit while Barker was out. He'd of probably got on at Forest ahead of Anderson. Could of staked a claim from there. All the best to him though

i do wish you wouldn't feel the need have a hate figure....

even if pearson is **** ....he's our ****

not sure these attacks will ever help his confidence

RamNut makes a good point there. At the moment we are struggling for a hate figure. OK, a few despise Roberts, but his performances since last winter have made it difficult to muster any real bile. Pearson is possibly the favourite to take the poisoned chalice but its doubtful he'll get many games anytime soon.

Can't we get Teale back on loan just so we have someone to boo?

RamNut makes a good point there. At the moment we are struggling for a hate figure. OK, a few despise Roberts, but his performances since last winter have made it difficult to muster any real bile. Pearson is possibly the favourite to take the poisoned chalice but its doubtful he'll get many games anytime soon.

Can't we get Teale back on loan just so we have someone to boo?

back to your proper avatar 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Now we have a bit of pace about the team Pearson is definitely surplus. Theo is the update and he is faster, fitter, younger and actually scores occasionally- also doesn't panic when he gets near the by line and his knees haven't fell off yet (he is much, much funnier too). I think that Kilbane is my least favourite player at the minute. Roberts was but is now looking fairly steady (although he did get done in the last minute when milwall hit the post).

Now we have a bit of pace about the team Pearson is definitely surplus. Theo is the update and he is faster, fitter, younger and actually scores occasionally- also doesn't panic when he gets near the by line and his knees haven't fell off yet (he is much, much funnier too). I think that Kilbane is my least favourite player at the minute. Roberts was but is now looking fairly steady (although he did get done in the last minute when milwall hit the post).

I think most defenders would get done by the pace of N'Gesson or whatever his name was (number 22), a good job his finishing was poor. Could be some player in the future though.

Archived