Kilbane, Riggott and Pearson Updates

Day

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well judging by the way Anderson played at LB, I hope Kilbane is back on Saturday if Roberts isn't fit.

agreed....Anderson is an absolute liability at LB....same last season v Burnley? when Ward ended up getting sent off . His positioning is terrible.

Kilbane has played 6, won 4 lost 2.

Whilst from what I've seen I would prefer Roberts I hardly think him coming back in the team will throw the balance.

Two of those wins were hugely fortunate and another was against a team decimated by injuries. Since Kilbane has gone out the whole balance of the team has looked better as per my original post. Kilbane has to be protected so much we had the 7 defender situation at the Burnley home match.

I don't think we would have beat Forest with Kilbane in the team as Ward would have had too much defensive work to be as advanced for the goal ( look at the replay how Roberts backed him up) and I think we would have beaten Burnley and Coventry if Roberts had come in sooner. Just look at the difference since he came in, predicted exclusively by me on this forum in the whole team balance.

agreed....Anderson is an absolute liability at LB....same last season v Burnley? when Ward ended up getting sent off . His positioning is terrible.

I agree but Kilbane is even more so, at least Anderson can tackle. Kilbane's idea of defending is standing 10 yards off the winger and either getting the left-midfielder to do his job and tackle or block or just let him put the cross or shot in.

Two of those wins were hugely fortunate and another was against a team decimated by injuries. Since Kilbane has gone out the whole balance of the team has looked better as per my original post. Kilbane has to be protected so much we had the 7 defender situation at the Burnley home match.

I don't think we would have beat Forest with Kilbane in the team as Ward would have had too much defensive work to be as advanced for the goal ( look at the replay how Roberts backed him up) and I think we would have beaten Burnley and Coventry if Roberts had come in sooner. Just look at the difference since he came in, predicted exclusively by me on this forum in the whole team balance.

Please stop saying we played with 7 defenders against Burnley. It's not true.

Agree with everything else though.

You can only beat what's put in front of you and Kilbane has been in a winning team 4 games out of 6.

In the 2 defeats Kilbane as been in you cannot point the finger and blame him either. Do I like Kilbane as a player? not really no, is he worthy of being made a scapegoat? no.

You can only beat what's put in front of you and Kilbane has been in a winning team 4 games out of 6.

In the 2 defeats Kilbane as been in you cannot point the finger and blame him either. Do I like Kilbane as a player? not really no, is he worthy of being made a scapegoat? no.

Can you attribute the 4 games we won to him being in the team? He scored at Doncaster when we won 3-0, so taking the goal away, we'd have won 2-0. I don't think he contributes a great deal else. I sit in the east stand towards the north stand, and am in line with him quite a bit - his positional sense is poor.

Don't think he's terrible, just don't think he contributes all that much. And if we're going to try and carry this run on, we need 11 players making a difference. Roberts is playing well but I'd still put left back as a priority position for investment.

Can you attribute the 4 games we won to him being in the team? He scored at Doncaster when we won 3-0, so taking the goal away, we'd have won 2-0. I don't think he contributes a great deal else. I sit in the east stand towards the north stand, and am in line with him quite a bit - his positional sense is poor.

Don't think he's terrible, just don't think he contributes all that much. And if we're going to try and carry this run on, we need 11 players making a difference. Roberts is playing well but I'd still put left back as a priority position for investment.

No I wouldn't, like I say I'm not a massive fan of his but I wouldn't look at his name on the team sheet and say "well we're fcked then"

If Roberts was fit then I'd put him in the team over Kilbane straight away, if Roberts isn't fit for Saturday then I would have no issues seeing Kilbane in the team. I don't see the game being won or lost at left back.

Please stop saying we played with 7 defenders against Burnley. It's not true.

Agree with everything else though.

First half we did effectively play with 7 defenders. Back 4 left-mid playing as a left back and two midfielders playing behind the ball all the time. To me playing the Savage role is not a midfielder but an advanced defender as he offers nothing in terms of attack for the team.

Unless the deep midfielder is like your user name or Paul Scholes who can create from deep with the long passing ability.

First half we did effectively play with 7 defenders. Back 4 left-mid playing as a left back and two midfielders playing behind the ball all the time. To me playing the Savage role is not a midfielder but an advanced defender as he offers nothing in terms of attack for the team.

Unless the deep midfielder is like your user name or Paul Scholes who can create from deep with the long passing ability.

We had a back four, and didn't attack that much. Not quite 7 defenders.

I dont think kilbane has played over 100 internationals, hundreds of prem games if he couldnt tackle and didnt know about postioning. I dont think that many managers would miss them lack of skills

He has been a solid PL player but his legs have the guy just can't run anymore. A major handicap for a footballer it is not just a lack of pace his legs have gone alltogether that's why he couldn't get in the Hull team.

On the ball he is at a total different level to Roberts but if you study closely other players especially the left-midfielder have to change their game to accomodate him, which really affects the attack/defence balance of the team which has been so good the last 3 games.

To finish ignore the international football that is fast becoming a total irrelevance. How many internationals did Eddie Lewis play I have seen better players than him on the local park

He [Anderson] was responsible for their goal, and was very exposed to their winger.

But this was because he was out of position, maybe last season (if we had the same squad and were yet to learn of the detrimental effect of not treating injuries properly) Clough would have risked an unfit Kilbane.

Would never condone playing Kilbane if not fit, merely saying if he had been fit it would have been better than having Anderson on the bench.

teale when he came and for a little bit and for periods did have an effect, he had more games where he had an effect than pearson, pearson has had about 2 in his career.

cant disagree more pearson can be great but only in certain games hes really good at breaking up the midfield and hes good in the tackle and has pace to burn so hes definatly useful to the team plus teale was what 29-30 when we let him go??

he is not good at any of those things in my eyes or many others, he does have pace but so does usain bolt, still doesn't make him a good midfielder. His passing is awful and he gets scared when he goes near the 18 yard box, what does teales age have to do with it? pearson has been at the club longer than teale.

He has been a solid PL player but his legs have the guy just can't run anymore. A major handicap for a footballer it is not just a lack of pace his legs have gone alltogether that's why he couldn't get in the Hull team.

On the ball he is at a total different level to Roberts but if you study closely other players especially the left-midfielder have to change their game to accomodate him, which really affects the attack/defence balance of the team which has been so good the last 3 games.

To finish ignore the international football that is fast becoming a total irrelevance. How many internationals did Eddie Lewis play I have seen better players than him on the local park

Eddie Lewis were alrate!!

How many internationals did Eddie Lewis play I have seen better players than him on the local park

LOL, I remember Billy Davis saying Eddie was the 3rd choice when signing a left midfielder, guess we missed out on Giggs and Robben.

Anyway back to the thread, any news on Roberts, I see Zidenine Skillbane didn't play for the reserves yesterday.

Archived