We only had 10 men flyover at the Shitty Ground

curb

It would be interesting to find out how many of the people who all of a sudden think it was a bad idea actually went to the match when we won 2-1.I went to the game and had a brilliant day.It is also hard to describe how much the fo**st fans were fuming.The flyover was a reminder of that.

It really wasn't, we all found it incredibly funny about how shambolic the whole thing was, and the fact that half of the ground couldnt even read it. Robin Chipperfield on radio Nottingham couldn't stop making jokes about how **** it looked

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was all a little bit of fun, I donated £10 to nick towards it, and gave £10 in dw too,

My choice to do it, and I never even got to see the plane due to my seat location......

BUT... If just one forest fan who was sat in his pink seat looked up and saw it n said to himself... B*stards then my £20 was well spent just to remind them that the train left Nottingham at 10-2-1 that afternoon!!

It was all a little bit of fun, I donated £10 to nick towards it, and gave £10 in dw too,

My choice to do it, and I never even got to see the plane due to my seat location......

BUT... If just one forest fan who was sat in his pink seat looked up and saw it n said to himself... B*stards then my £20 was well spent just to remind them that the train left Nottingham at 10-2-1 that afternoon!!

Absolutely.

and if anyone wants to donate to Children in need or anything else they want to spend their money on, then that's fine by me, I won't criticise them for it.

It really wasn't, we all found it incredibly funny about how shambolic the whole thing was, and the fact that half of the ground couldnt even read it. Robin Chipperfield on radio Nottingham couldn't stop making jokes about how **** it looked

wrong. radio derby played clips of red dogs ringing in moaning about the flyover.They werent laughing at it.you didnt like it.We did.Simple as that really.Youre never going to give us credit for it."Gave us a good laugh" yeah course it did.It gave US a good laugh.The fact you lot couldnt read it is because youre all illiterate.The only words you can spell are gun and benefits.

wrong. radio derby played clips of red dogs ringing in moaning about the flyover.They werent laughing at it.you didnt like it.We did.Simple as that really.Youre never going to give us credit for

it."Gave us a good laugh" yeah course it did.It gave US a good laugh.The fact you lot couldnt read it is because youre all illiterate.The only

words you can spell are gun and benefits.

Oh dear oh dear. Any adults online?

Oh dear oh dear. Any adults online?

I'm afraid you are hoist on your own petard there old chum.

The very fact that so many reddogs are going on about it shows it was well worth it. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' /> 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' /> 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

Disagree, but i'm not suggesting that people shouldn't have done it. Just that i'd have preffered something to be proud of.

So let me get this straight. We have a spectacular result against our bitter rivals.Some enthusiastic fans have a whip round to fly a banner over the City ground and over Pride Park to further celebrate and rub their noses in it. You however think this is in appropriate and prefer people donate to a charity? What the heck are you talking about? Should we send money to the world wild life fund? Cancer research? NSPCC? What a laugh that would be?

It looked quite good i thought, BUT the art of good comedy is, of course, timing. It should have been done the week after, hence why it wasn't really that funny.

Reasonable point, however, I expect it was done as quickly as donations allowed. I think it was better to have it late than not to have done it at all. Maybe we should have a whip round in advance for when we tonk them in February and we could fly one down the A52 about half hour after the game, would that be topical enough for you ?

Reasonable point, however, I expect it was done as quickly as donations allowed. I think it was better to have it late than not to have done it at all. Maybe we should have a whip round in advance for when we tonk them in February and we could fly one down the A52 about half hour after the game, would that be topical enough for you ?

And the other thing about it that grates a little.....anyone who went to the Lester game at Wembley will remember the banners hanging from the bridges on the way back up the M1.......and I just thought what a Mickey Mouse pathetic club they are....

So let me get this straight. We have a spectacular result against our bitter rivals.Some enthusiastic fans have a whip round to fly a banner over the City ground and over Pride Park to further celebrate and rub their noses in it. You however think this is in appropriate and prefer people donate to a charity? What the heck are you talking about? Should we send money to the world wild life fund? Cancer research? NSPCC? What a laugh that would be?

I'm not going to start arguing the point again as i'd just be repeating myself earlier, but I just thought that given the fact we managed to raise £2k we could've put it to some use in Grassroots football or sponsored someone etc.

That's just what i'd have preffered. If people are happy with the flyover then so be it, it's up to them. But it was only one game and they didn't do it to us after what they would say was an equal result with the 5-2 and first win at PP last season. Just seems a little over the top.

One win doesn't seem worth a flyover to me. But as I say, if people ar ehappy with it and felt it worth their money then who am I to say "Don't do that", I just would have preffered something that'd have helped someone out given how much the lads managed to raise.

I'm not going to start arguing the point again as i'd just be repeating myself earlier, but I just thought that given the fact we managed to raise £2k we could've put it to some use in Grassroots football or sponsored someone etc.

That's just what i'd have preffered. If people are happy with the flyover then so be it, it's up to them. But it was only one game and they didn't do it to us after what they would say was an equal result with the 5-2 and first win at PP last season. Just seems a little over the top.

One win doesn't seem worth a flyover to me. But as I say, if people ar ehappy with it and felt it worth their money then who am I to say "Don't do that", I just would have preffered something that'd have helped someone out given how much the lads managed to raise.

Why don't you start a collection for £2k to go towards grassroots football then?

You could ask the lad if you can use the website now he's finished with it.

Why don't you start a collection for £2k to go towards grassroots football then?

You could ask the lad if you can use the website now he's finished with it.

Because now that the £2k has been raised off of the back of that result the chance has gone now, there are enough charities working for grassroots football in general anyway.

If a similiar result happens and people want to do something then i'll get involved with it all and see if I can get something sorted, but the thing was with this one you don't get many chances to have such a good result and then see people willing to dip into their pockets for it in such large numbers.

Hopefully we have a similiarly impressive result next time and something can be done 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Not a very good idea then?

If you're going to make any impact with starting up another fund for a charity you have to focus it around something. That win could've been that something.

In general I can make little difference without going all out and setting up a charity, which considering the numerous ones out there isn't needed. I've already decided to do a little something out of my own pocket, with the 2-1 result though look how much we generated, that's what I was trying to say.

You don't get that chance often. Anyway, tis all done now, and people seem pleased with the banner. Wasn't meaning to have a go at donaters or Nick and the lads as i've always been a fan of what they've been trying to do with the atmosphere etc, I just think that if you can make that much money, then you might aswell make a difference with it. Even if that difference only a small one.

Not a very good idea and you're not willing to put yourself out either.

The lad had a good idea and carried it through when he could have just spouted off about it.

Either stop ctiticising him or do something better yourself.

Archived