We only had 10 men flyover at the Shitty Ground

curb

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, as it happens, it was the highlight of the day.

My family and I pay our taxes, on our earnings, as well as our savings - my daughter goes to college with no EMA - just us paying her mango card and giving her money for her lunch. I volunteer once a week. I pay £18 a month to sponsor a boy in Africa.

We can't afford a season ticket this season - things are just too tight.

I donated to 'we only had 10 men' - it was a joke - it made us laugh and I'm sure, some of the Forest fans saw the funny side of it. Why make us feel bad about it.

I'm not sure people are trying to make others feel bad about it, I just think that it wasn't worth the price, our result was no better or worse than theirs last season, and it feels a bit needless.

I mean, £2k? I'd have preffered us to start some kind of '10 Men Trust' or something and paid for every amateur youth team in Derby to be able to run for 10 years or whatever. That'd have been a great thing to do.

If people enjoyed it then fair enough, but to me, it's a waste.

2k will get you nowhere Alex.

If every Derby fan had given a quid - and we were talking 20 odd grand - then yes.

2 grand is nothing. To me and you it is - but in charity terms, it's **** all.

Not ten years perhaps on £2k, but three years? Four perhaps? You'd manage that, you could fund atleast one league for a few seasons.

You could certainly pay league entry fee's for a few years, who'se to say that it'd just be £2k if it were a trust? You could do alot with that and people could keep donating if you changed the name or whatever to fit with recent events.

Never mind, it's done now.

On the "it could have been spent on something more meaningful" point...

You could say the same about the money that went on the huge TV screen on my wall, the computer i'm typing from, the Xbox in the living room, the coat I wore to the game today... Where do you stop?

I didn't contribute by the way, but you get the idea.

Not ten years perhaps on £2k, but three years? Four perhaps? You'd manage that, you could fund atleast one league for a few seasons.

You could certainly pay league entry fee's for a few years, who'se to say that it'd just be £2k if it were a trust? You could do alot with that and people could keep donating if you changed the name or whatever to fit with recent events.

Absolutely no way of knowing that.

Don't get me wrong, the money could've been put to better use, but you can't just slap a four year charity time-scale on the money.

I did like it though, cheered everyone up for a bit.

You could say the same about the money that went on the huge TV screen on my wall, the computer i'm typing from, the Xbox in the living room, the coat I wore to the game today... Where do you stop?

I didn't contribute by the way, but you get the idea.

Spot on

I didn't contribute by the way.

Shame on you Joe. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

Very true, but that's more of a personal thing isn't it.

Wheras this is a bunch of people putting money in and there was no real say as to how much you wanted to raise.

Just seems a shame that all of that money could've helped out people involved in grassroots football or football charities etc.

Absolutely no way of knowing that.

Don't get me wrong, the money could've been put to better use, but you can't just slap a four year charity time-scale on the money.

I did like it though, cheered everyone up for a bit.

I'm thinking on my feet here, it could've been done officially with the FA and what-not, going to those who run the leagues and sorting it out.

It costs more than 2k to run one league for one season.

Just think a 10 man squad for an under 8 team raises £100 a month in subs to pay for training facilities, kits, balls etc.. And then about £25 per match to pay for referees expenses etc....

It was two grand - from the start. They raised two grand, and stopped when they'd reached it.

Can we not, just have a bit of fun, now and again. A bit of a laff, a joke, a snigger at them down the road, just for a minute, before Theo went off, before they scored their first.

Kinell.

Very true, but that's more of a personal thing isn't it.

Wheras this is a bunch of people putting money in and there was no real say as to how much you wanted to raise.

Just seems a shame that all of that money could've helped out people involved in grassroots football or football charities etc.

Why don't you start up a "DCFC fans in support of (insert charity of your choice here)" and see if you can raise some money for a good cause (whatever that may be)? I'm sure a lot of peeps on here would donate.

It costs more than 2k to run one league for one season.

Just think a 10 man squad for an under 8 team raises £100 a month in subs to pay for training facilities, kits, balls etc.. And then about £25 per match to pay for referees expenses etc....

Training facilities can be any field, what's wrong with a bit of cold? 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' /> Balls and shizzle like that would be around £100 but that'd be per team, and if you'd bought an entire league brand new equipment/kits then it'd be a great effort.

Regardless, this could go on and on 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' /> Just feel it's a shame that £2k went on that.

Why don't you start up a "DCFC fans in support of (insert charity of your choice here)" and see if you can raise some money for a good cause (whatever that may be)? I'm sure a lot of peeps on here would donate.

There are enough about already aren't there, Derby County in the Community etc, but it's just that you don't often get something that alot of people will rally round and put money in for. This might've been one of them.

Ah well.

Seems a bit odd that we're now discussing wastes of money, considering it's football we're talking about.

By my cheap white wine induced maths, I reckon it's 49 seconds of Tevez' Saturday - when he's fooked off and isn't even anywhere near the football ground.

Two grand, donated by hundreds of individuals, is insignificant.

Archived