We only had 10 men flyover at the Shitty Ground

curb

Not a very good idea and you're not willing to put yourself out either.

The lad had a good idea and carried it through when he could have just spouted off about it.

Either stop ctiticising him or do something better yourself.

I'm not criticising him at all, as I just said, I would have brought this up originally if i'd seen how much the lads wanted to raise. I didn't check the thread for ages then saw the £2k figure after it'd all been arranged.

And I am actually doing something, i've been on the phone for half an hour sorting something out. Incidentally, typing and talking on the phone is bloody hard work. Who knew?

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi All.

As you know i was one of the organisers, been busy for a few days but thought I would come on to 'show my face' and just give my view on the healthy debate you appear to have been having!

To answer again a couple of the main criticisms:

- They didn't see it. Well, Robin Chipperfield reporting from the pitch read out the message on the banner perfectly on the radio live, including the 'surprise' "Never Forgotten" section so that would suggest it was visible. Clearly it would not be visible to everyone, things called roofs get in the way of that, as at Pride Park.

- Money should have been spent on charity. I have answered this extensively on the site and on radio Derby but to summarise, we have raised a lot of money for charity too, over £10k last year for cancer research last year on popside for example. Forest fans have set up a fund raising effort in response, and I hope it goes well, (I have linked to it and promoted it) though it's a little slow so far so it seems that they are far happier to claim the moral high ground but have short arms and deep pockets.

- It was too late. We named the date from the start, we could easily have done it earlier, but we wanted our own fans who had paid for it to see it too, that's why we chose that date. You may disagree, but that was the reason. I think the main criticism here is actually not that it was too late, just that we have been poor recently, and they have been better, and of course the results on Saturday couldn't have been worse. All of these things are totally out of our control.

So finally thanks all who donated and supported, it was really hard work to pull off, not least having to spend time with police / CAA etc in the final 24 hours thanks to unhelpful local journalists, but I'm glad we did it. It's easy to sit back and be cynical and criticise stuff, I do it all the time, but this time we got off our arses and tried to do something.

We will remember it for a very long time. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

I should point out I do respect the fact you tried to do something out of the ordinary, and that £10k is fantastic, congratulations on that.

I know it looks like i'm attacking the people doing it but that's genuinely not what i'm trying to do, differing opinions is all 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Oh dear oh dear. Any adults online?

I do believe the thread is in the Rams talk section of this website.I would have thought that you should be spouting off on the no**s forest section of the site,if you are intent of using a Derby County forum. I for one wouldnt wish to use a no**s forest forum as I do not support them.If I did I would expect to get a bit of abuse,as should you.

I should point out I do respect the fact you tried to do something out of the ordinary, and that £10k is fantastic, congratulations on that.

I know it looks like i'm attacking the people doing it but that's genuinely not what i'm trying to do, differing opinions is all 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

No probs Alex everyone is entitled to an opinion and yours is as valid as anyone else, just wanted to give our side of things.

[quote name='Red_Dawn'

timestamp='1321899926' post='222893']

It really wasn't, we all found it incredibly funny

about how shambolic the whole thing was, and the fact that half of the ground couldnt even read it. Robin Chipperfield on radio Nottingham couldn't stop making jokes about how **** it looked

So Robin Chipperfield didn't say "wow!! What brilliant and hilarious stunt?"

Shock and amaze.

Bet you didn't laugh as hard as I did in Nottingham one lovely Saturday afternoon a little while back.

2-1

10 men

Lol

What? Sorry iv already repressed Schteveeee's games to the back of my mind.. Didn't happen didn't happen didn't happen

Archived