We only had 10 men flyover at the Shitty Ground

curb

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the lads workd really hard to get the money, I don't think it was easy.

Fair play to them and well done. Sometimes in life, you just have to have a laff, just something for ourselves.

We lost today - another injury with Theo.

At least we smiled once today.

Seems a bit odd that we're now discussing wastes of money, considering it's football we're talking about.

By my cheap white wine induced maths, I reckon it's 49 seconds of Tevez' Saturday - when he's fooked off and isn't even anywhere near the football ground.

Two grand, donated by hundreds of individuals, is insignificant.

Very true, but it's something that we can change ourselves, most things like that are out of our control.

I think the lads workd really hard to get the money, I don't think it was easy.

Fair play to them and well done. Sometimes in life, you just have to have a laff, just something for ourselves.

We lost today - another injury with Theo.

At least we smiled once today.

Twice - my Bovril was sensational, as usual.

Huge point being missed here... how come these views were not raised at the time?

This thread has been open for weeks prior to the flyover.

I donated a measly fiver to the cause, which I would do again.

Tremendous effort put in to get this sorted. And only now after the event people are moaning about it and saying what could have been done with the money. Those opinions should have been voiced at the time not after the event.

Well done to all those who worked hard on making it happen.

If Forest had thought of it first, they would have done it - for definite.

Easy to start rival sites about Helping for Heroes etc... obvious thing to do.

It wasn't a fail, it did exactly what was paid for.

£2k that could've gone towards something meaningful went on a plane that few could see and one that the red side of the Trent didn't resort to when they beat us 5-2.

That money could've gone towards aid in Africa but instead it went on that plane. It could've gone towards grass roots football, anything. But it went on that when it wasn't worth doing.

I can see how some people might be a bit down on it.

oh come on alex, lets be honest we could pour trillions into africa (we have) and it wouldn't work, the only way to sort africa out is to make sure they have a democratic system of government and make them create an infrastructure these are all things which we aren't doing . I like the plane idea and I think it was a better cause than a lot of charities out there in my opinion.

oh come on alex, lets be honest we could pour trillions into africa (we have) and it wouldn't work, the only way to sort africa out is to make sure they have a democratic system of government and make them create an infrastructure these are all things which we aren't doing . I like the plane idea and I think it was a better cause than a lot of charities out there in my opinion.

Lets not start that one......

Disagree, but i'm not suggesting that people shouldn't have done it. Just that i'd have preffered something to be proud of.

well I think it was something we could be proud of, it brought a smile to thousands of peoples faces at pride park on what was a dour afternoon, I think it was worth it.

well I think it was something we could be proud of, it brought a smile to thousands of peoples faces at pride park on what was a dour afternoon, I think it was worth it.

hear hear young 'un.

hear hear young 'un.

thanks mrs ram 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' /> I just think the problem with alex is that you could analyse every penny you spend and everything you buy and what companies you buy from and realise you endorse through this buying all kinds of horrible notions and that actually we have a lot more than what we need, or you can sit back, relax have a good time and enjoy western capitalism as much as we can.

Just a little embarrassing to me that we'd spend £2k on a fly-over for one result, which while a great win, is never worth such a thing and that money could've done some real good somewhere.

Blackpool did it when they'd managed promotion against all the odds and their rivals had gone down. We've done it for one good win.

I'll leave you chaps to it, but next time I hope we do something that can make a difference. (And I will be the first to chuck a tenner in if/when it happens)

Just a little embarrassing to me that we'd spend £2k on a fly-over for one result, which while a great win, is never worth such a thing and that money could've done some real good somewhere.

Blackpool did it when they'd managed promotion against all the odds and their rivals had gone down. We've done it for one good win.

I'll leave you chaps to it, but next time I hope we do something that can make a difference. (And I will be the first to chuck a tenner in if/when it happens)

the point was it did make a difference alex, it put a smile on peoples faces and you never know it could have been one kids first game and he/she might always remember that, for £2,000 that is good value for money. Two thousand pounds wouldn't do a lot in any other charity alex, and if it brings a smile to peoples faces it was worth it. The win was legendary and will never be forgotten, we are enjoying it after years of crappy seasons, i think we are entitled to it.

Archived