Heres to everyone who doubted the team and Clough

RotherhamRam

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Poor Tommy Cywka eh? 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' />

What a performance. 90mins with 10 men. 1-0 down. Won 2-1. Incredible desire from everyone associated with Derby County today.

Fat Andy and sausageer can kiss their shirts all they like. Moussi was about the only worth opponent 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />

Greening does know which way the goals are? He never went in the right direction once did he?

I was wide of the mark with both my estimate of Nige's team selection and the result, but like us all very happy to be so. No freezing from anybody today - the youngsters all stood up and were counted. I'm also very happy with what seems to be a very capable back-up keeper who has the longest punt i think i've ever seen.

Real leadership - Shackell, Bryson and Nigel - all keeping the team moving.Why oh why did we seem so limp against Cov?

I'm going to moan, I'm going to moan about people who didn't share my view that Theo is a decent player at this level. I am very happy to be proved right.

Hell of a team performance today and Theo never gave the forest defenders a moments peace..

I knew i'd seen a good performance on his debut last season at Bramall Lane..... 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sleep' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='-_-' />

With tyson finally fit, we've actually got a few options up front.

Pleased to say I never doubted him, not sure how people could with the change in football even when we weren't getting the results. He's a football man through and through and nothing will change my opinion of that, a good manager is a good manager, a successful manager has same ingredients with a chairman who digs deep and supports the team/club. Cream always rises to the top !!!!

He's not a good player, he can be useful though, today was a perfect example of where he is very useful. When defending for long periods and playing the ball into the channels he's a god send for the running he does. Credit where it's due, even on the ball today he done some good things.

He's not a good player,

yes he is. He's a good championship player, he'll never have the touch of Berbatov or the power and skill of Rooney, but he is good enough to play top end championship.

Excellent find and signing imo......

I agree if we had a sugar daddy then Nige probably wouldn't have signed him, but, we haven't, so fair play all round.

He's not a good player, he can be useful though, today was a perfect example of where he is very useful. When defending for long periods and playing the ball into the channels he's a god send for the running he does. Credit where it's due, even on the ball today he done some good things.

I'm shaking my head, but in a local derby, where the result is everything, I'm glad you're giving him credit.

"Nigel Clough what a w*anker, what a w*nker!"

Why do they hate him?

Just because he's our manager? Do we really hate McClaren or are most of us just taking the mick? I quite appreciate what McClaren did with us and wish him quite well.

I thought Nigels playing career with them would of earned him the same. Some stick, but not abuse. Each time we've played Forest now they seem to get more and more abusive. What has he done so badly? I'm sure even after taking the Derby job he still had a bit of soft spot for them, it was just his job to beat them.

Has he said something?

I think it might have soemthing t odo with the comments about the Derby job being a speical job when he took it, and that he is proud of living in Derby for the best part of 40 years.

I think I read somewhere that he was cery critical of how they handled him retiring/resigning that year they went down. I think it was about them going public before Brian wanted to, or the deal about him retiring had been sorted out properly.

Why do they hate him?

Just because he's our manager? Do we really hate McClaren or are most of us just taking the mick? I quite appreciate what McClaren did with us and wish him quite well.

I thought Nigels playing career with them would of earned him the same. Some stick, but not abuse. Each time we've played Forest now they seem to get more and more abusive. What has he done so badly? I'm sure even after taking the Derby job he still had a bit of soft spot for them, it was just his job to beat them.

Has he said something?

Because in my opinion they now KNOW that Nigel loves Derby more than Forest !!.

The reason i say this is because even though Forest will always have a spot in his heart because his playing career was there mostly and obviously his Dads success.

There are a few Key reasons Derby are even more special.

1.Nigel knows FACT his dad never wanted to leave Derby and FACT ( if you watch and read info of all the TV doc's covering this subject ) was forced out by a bad chairman that couldnt handle Cloughs character.

2. He has lived in Derby all his life.

3.Brian's wife actually saying on a TV doc that i have recorded forever on my hard drive :-) " What was Brian's fav moment.....This one she says and gets out a medal hanging round her neck it wasnt any of Forests big wins it was Derbys first championship winning medal.THIS in my opinion in one moment tells you everything about what the Cloughs think about Derby.

Its CLEAR that this means more to NIGEL then he lets on,deep down he is an intensely proud man and he wants to bring some success here so he can look up in the skies and say " did it for you dad.....finished it for you".

Alot of Forest fans know this and can never forgive him for doing it.

4.Forest left a bad taste in Nigels mouth of how they treated his dad late on in his last years.

Nigel is Derby thru and thru....more that most fans think and know.

And it does leave a bit of bad taste in my mouth to see posters on here now saying he is the best thing since sliced bread and where calling him black and blue and he wasnt up to the job.Every manager will make bad decisions and go thru lean spells and have fav players......buts it VERY CLEAR now the whole team is behind NIGEL and its fabulous to see him putting his arm round a player he had to bring off so early etc etc.....its what build team spirit.AND ITS THE MARK OF A VERY VERY GOOD MAN MANAGER.

Keep it up NIGEL.....i know you wont like this......but team spirit can get you very far....and you never know just what you might achieve this year.

Why do they hate him?

Has he said something?

I think after the previous clashes they have hated him more and more, because of incidents that have happened and the way the games have happened. However with the amount of goals scored it is a bit sad for them that they hate a person so vigorously who did so much for them.

Archived