Tom Naylor

Rampant Rob

Naylor did play well, played at CB with Anderson who I thought was the MOM.

The only fault seemed to be Naylor always wanted the ball thus players passed backwards too much, although we did win 6-1. He Jumped well and dealt with most problems most of the time. He was not afraid to attact the ball either.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi there,

Long time admirer (if that is the right word!) of this board and the previous telegraph board for soo long before it was closed down but never really felt the need to jump in to what appears a slight mad house to post until now! ;)

Being an avid rams fan but from mansfield, i get down to the odd game at field mill and this guy seemed a cut above, the only player i was pretty impressed with and was CONSTANTLY linked with teams from the championship. Anyway, for the level he plays at, his composure on the ball is pretty impressive but don't get me wrong still a bit raw.

Anyway, that was my humble input before he was discarded as 'non league rubbish' straight away, not sure if this reply will even work as i said, have not felt the need to post before, so here goes ha! :D

[sIZE=3]Cherries fail in Naylor bid[/sIZE]

Mansfield Town have rejected a second offer from Bournemouth for defender Tom Naylor, who is currently on trial at Fulham.

Naylor has been attracting interest from several clubs and spent last week training with Derby County before linking up with the Cottagers.

He is also a target for Bournemouth, but Mansfield boss Paul Cox has confirmed the League One side's reported five-figure offer has been turned down.

Cox told the club's official website: "The bid we received from Bournemouth does not match our valuation of Tom.

"The only time we will let Tom leave is if we receive adequate compensation for him."

After training with Derby last week, Naylor featured in the Stags' 5-0 win over Newport on Saturday and Cox is keen for any clubs interested in the 20-year-old to make a fair offer.

He added: "I don't want league clubs messing us around. They have to make a decision on him.

"If they didn't want to make a decision we'll close the door because I don't want Tom's head being kept turned.

"You want his sights set on us if he is stopping with us, or if he is going to get a move, you want that done quickly. It's not good for both parties if he is being messed around."

http://www.football365.com/fulham/7176080/Cherries-fail-in-Naylor-bid

Been stated Derby are looking to buy Naylor and Mansfield are looking for £50,000.

However, other clubs are interested including Burnley and few from the league below.

£50,000 ? rules us out

If we got him, and he turned out to be good that would give us OB, Addison, Barker and Shackell under contract until at least 2014 as first choice and Naylor as a prospect for the future. Could leave us sorted at CH for a few years.

Just wish we could find a young gem or three at full back - but then again I think most clubs do.

If we got him, and he turned out to be good that would give us OB, Addison, Barker and Shackell under contract until at least 2014 as first choice and Naylor as a prospect for the future. Could leave us sorted at CH for a few years.

Just wish we could find a young gem or three at full back - but then again I think most clubs do.

I thought he was a left back ?

The original post says so ?

If so, he would be a good addition, for when KillBill returns home.........

Archived