Non-Derby County games thread

ANGERMAN1

Barcelona 0-2 Hercules

Real Madrid 2-3 Zaragoza

Both against teams with superior and more expensive players than Man Citys..

In the end, anti-football lost today as Man City actually beat QPR.. Who knows, maybe had QPR actually tried to attack they'd have won the game.. But we'd never know, as they played for 0-0.. Haha theres nothing worse than playing for a draw and losing anyway..

I can't wait for Euros, going to see some attacking football and creativity.. I also can't wait for England to put in a subdued poor defensive performance and 'fans' to moan and criticise it like anything..

Did you just pull 2 more random stats out the bag again?

Swansea 1 - 0 Mancity

ManUre 2 - 3 Blackburn

In the end, a game is a game. There's a bunch of differing strategies that have existed since the game began and no one strategy is perfect. It's a game, man.

Why bother commenting on England or English teams at all? You don't like any of it, you're on a wind up with every post you make. WUM.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did you just pull 2 more random stats out the bag again?

Swansea 1 - 0 Mancity

ManUre 2 - 3 Blackburn

In the end, a game is a game. There's a bunch of differing strategies that have existed since the game began and no one strategy is perfect. It's a game, man.

Why bother commenting on England or English teams at all? You don't like any of it, you're on a wind up with every post you make. WUM.

You just further enhanced my point.. Thanks..

Blackburn and Swansea were hardly defensive at all in those wins.. Though Blackburn did have the rub of the green at OT that day..

I never said one strategy is perfect.. In fact I enjoy many strategies.. I'm merely saying that one strategy is absoloutely hideous and is as anti-football as you can get..

I do like English teams.. I like Wigan and Fulham, although claimed as 'not a proper club' (like that makes any difference) I like their styles, managers, players and their 'strategies'

I also don't begrudge City their first title in many years and ridicule them for 'buying the title'.. As if you can win the title any other way!

I do like English football Shilts.. I like different styles of attacking play.. I actually find Stoke at the Brit quite entertaining, especially when Delap launches one in..

I just don't like this new anti-football..

It was used only once by Inter by Mourinho

and then..

Di Matteo used it twice in the CL semis and now QPR used it today.. It's catching on, and I loathe it..

well, not so much buying it but it would be nice if the team had been built over years of success and good management- not just throwing millions at it for a few years, offering a foreign manager ridiculous money and a bottomless kitty. Hey presto! A league title! This was for your previous post BTW Bris....I will concoct a reply to your current one momentarily

I do like English football Shilts.. I like different styles of attacking play.. I actually find Stoke at the Brit quite entertaining, especially when Delap launches one in..

I just don't like this new anti-football..

It was used only once by Inter by Mourinho

and then..

Di Matteo used it twice in the CL semis and now QPR used it today.. It's catching on, and I loathe it..

It isn't catching on Bris, it has always been part of the game. When you are up against it due to incidents (injuries, sending offs etc) within the match or if you are up against a far superior opposition you often defend or "park the bus" for a vast proportion of the game. It is entertaining to me as the ball keeps being repelled only to come back again, is cleared, blocked deflected, saved...all exciting I believe.

There is also the slim chance that a ball will fall kindly and enable a counter attack, a fleeting chance. It has always been there, and hopefully always will. It gives the underdog a chance.

Whilst you are slating QPR lets not forget that they were down to 10 men and appreciate just what was at stake for tem- millions in revenue and the chance to earn millions more. Now they have stayed up they have the chance to build the type of team that may even keep your good self happy and entertained.

You just further enhanced my point.. Thanks..

Blackburn and Swansea were hardly defensive at all in those wins.. Though Blackburn did have the rub of the green at OT that day..

I never said one strategy is perfect.. In fact I enjoy many strategies.. I'm merely saying that one strategy is absoloutely hideous and is as anti-football as you can get..

I do like English teams.. I like Wigan and Fulham, although claimed as 'not a proper club' (like that makes any difference) I like their styles, managers, players and their 'strategies'

I also don't begrudge City their first title in many years and ridicule them for 'buying the title'.. As if you can win the title any other way!

What was your point? That sometimes a weaker team can beat the stronger teams? Sometimes the stronger team just doesn't turn up.

I think you're trying to make a point, anyway, but there's to many ends for you to pin it down.

Bris if you loathe a particular tactic in football, what are the words oh yes deal with it. Instead of complaining simply don't watch the games in which they will be deployed, blackburn played against a team who had 3 midfielders in the back 4 that day so it made sense to go for it, and swansea were at home where they have only been beaten 3 times all season I think. QPR were against a team who had drawn once at home all season, scored 89 goals and needed to win to secure the title. No-one is saying that this football is good all the time, just in certain situations it is acceptable.

Please think pragmatically, the 'anti-football' (if you knew how the game started you wouldn't claim it was anti football as the very first rules were far worse than this) you suggest is growing in popularity simply isn't. I doubt people will deploy it except in very important occasions, like against Barcelona to keep them out in the semi-final of the champions league or like today which are the only examples you have offered up.

What you have to understand with most of humanity is that we will do anything to win/survive. I see this tactic and it reminds me of this fact and I like that, it is a recognition that these teams are that good the only way to realistically beat them on some days is to defend like hell and hope you get a lucky break. They have created a system which on its day can work, it is now up to the teams to find a way through that is part of the evolution of football. The simple solution is to introduce a spending and wages cap for teams so it is more equal, if that happened you would have an argument, at the moment all you have is idealism and empty words which often fail to make a convincing and good argument.

THE EPISTLE OF ST(EVE) BRUMMIE 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ph34r:' />

I have to confess that I missed the football yesterday and it sounds as if it wasn't really a good advert for the game. I can imagine the emotions of Man U and their fans as the news form their favourite team filtered through but I agree that there are times to hang on grimly by whatever means are at your disposal even if it means 11 men in your own goalmouth and even the opposing goalie in your half.

I seem to recall a certain Willie Carlin who used to regularly tap the ball against the opponents' corner flag inviting them to appproach and hand us a corner. We used to love this. Would it now be called "anti-football" or (sharp intake of breath) time wasting.

How about the extra 7 minutes that were magicked from nowhere at Molyneux 40 years ago when Leeds failed to get the ball past a packed Wolves defence which would have handed them a thoroughly undeserved league championship. Stan Cullis admitting afterwards that he was "determined to keep everything in the Midlands this season" (no wonder they named a stand after the great man).

what is now called "anti-football" has always gone on, as has diving, fouls off the ball, pretending to ruffle an opponent;s hair whilst pulling it. Gamesmanship, the Vinnie Jones handshake with Gascoigne etc etc. It is only when it becomes a dark art or happens so regularly that it spoils a season that the authorities need to step in and start deducting points, ordering closed door replays or other punitive measures which would only stop particular tactics. Football is the game it is when played by two teams of men who are prepared to behave like men for the good of the team.

Team play is sadly lacking by most prima donnas (or is it primo duenas) in the premier league, which is why I for one prefer Championship football. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wub' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':wub:' />

Joey Barton - what a bell-end. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':rolleyes:' />

Feel sorry for Bolton - how the fook that first Stoke goal isn't given as a foul I'll never know.

I didn't see what went off but this morning I read about it. The guys an animal who does football no favours. I wonder what his punishment will be next season?

As for Utd losing - waaaaaahahahahahahahaha, it couldn't have happened to a nicer team. Bet Ianm was distraught. Shame. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />

Barcelona 0-2 Hercules

Real Madrid 2-3 Zaragoza

In the end, anti-football lost today as Man City actually beat QPR.. Who knows, maybe had QPR actually tried to attack they'd have won the game.. But we'd never know, as they played for 0-0.. Haha theres nothing worse than playing for a draw and losing anyway..

I can't wait for Euros, going to see some attacking football and creativity.. I also can't wait for England to put in a subdued poor defensive performance and 'fans' to moan and criticise it like anything..

Are you fookin Scottish or summart 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':rolleyes:' />

All the debate about money is inevitable but there's not much we can do about that. What is important is to acknowledge the behaviour of the Sunderland fans on hearing the result from Manchester.

A touch of sympathy for their opponents perhaps?

Not a chance! They cheered, chanted "who are ya" and did the "poznan" ~ good to see and well done the Mackems..... 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' /> 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' /> 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

Barcelona 0-2 Hercules

Real Madrid 2-3 Zaragoza

Possession - Barcelona 77%, Real Madrid 70%, Man City 62% in the games you talk about, so QPR had more of the ball than the teams you talk about with one less man, they also scored 2 goals, which Im pretty sure that you can only do if you are attacking.

One of the games you talk about took place in 2010, in which that Hercules got relegated that season, scoring 9 goals in 18 away matches and not scoring in 13 out of them games, looks to me like all you are doing is proving that not matter where you play different teams employ different tatics based on who they play and where. I think thats called football 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

What baffles me is you hated qpr's tactics claiming it is anti football. Yet you go on to stay you enjoy watching stokes long throw in style of play. If anything is anti football it is stoke. Simply because it is throwing the ball and not using the foot. I don't condemn this as it works for them. But your opinion on anti football bris, is simply baffling.

What baffles me is you hated qpr's tactics claiming it is anti football. Yet you go on to stay you enjoy watching stokes long throw in style of play. If anything is anti football it is stoke. Simply because it is throwing the ball and not using the foot. I don't condemn this as it works for them. But your opinion on anti football bris, is simply baffling.

He is in a America mate- he obviously enjoys "football" were the foot is rarely employed. I cannot believe that this debate is still rolling on- Bris is on a wind up, he always is

Archived