Non-Derby County games thread

ANGERMAN1

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why would you play this Shield final at a dump like Villa park?

And Matt Smith. Him and Johnathon Pearce need to understand that over-pronounciation is really friggin annoying.

Robercho Dek Mattehgho.

Are we playing at Viilashk park? Or does it not count if 'Villa' doesn't have an Andre in front of it?

Your a fookin Scouser Mattiaus!

Chelsea 1-0 City. Torres.

Lampard is hard as nails..... Until De Jong comes near him.

Ivanovic sent off. Probs a fair decision in the fanny world of football. Bunch of fairys.

Football is back and as self gratifying and full of cheats and wimps as ever.

De Jong is the only man on the pitch.

If I was a referee id just book and send off people who get I my face.

Andy Townsend, what a tool.

So the former Chelsea player says that Ivanovic's red card was 'harsh' and shouldn't have been given? He went in with two feet, how is that not a red card? His Chelsea bias irritates me no end.

I also remember when Spurs got drawn with Shamrock Rovers, and he said something like 'It'd be great to have another evening in Dublin'. 'As if you've ever been to Dublin' was my withered response.

Andy Townsend, what a tool.

So the former Chelsea player says that Ivanovic's red card was 'harsh' and shouldn't have been given? He went in with two feet, how is that not a red card? His Chelsea bias irritates me no end.

I also remember when Spurs got drawn with Shamrock Rovers, and he said something like 'It'd be great to have another evening in Dublin'. 'As if you've ever been to Dublin' was my withered response.

When I first saw the tackle I knew he'd be off. Then the commentators made a big deal out of it. I said to my missus that they'll discuss it until half time watch endless replays, still discuss it, then in the second half come to the conclusion that the ref was right and it was a clear decision. Sure enough it took about half hour for them to draw a conclusion.

Those sort of tackles shouldn't be red cards. Same with all this 'excessive force' rubbish. Do they want tackling or not? Excessive force??! Have they seen Rugby? Fannys!

But it was a sending off if we're going to follow these silly guidelines.

As for Townsend..... he switches between English and Irish at will.

When I first saw the tackle I knew he'd be off. Then the commentators made a big deal out of it. I said to my missus that they'll discuss it until half time watch endless replays, still discuss it, then in the second half come to the conclusion that the ref was right and it was a clear decision. Sure enough it took about half hour for them to draw a conclusion.

Those sort of tackles shouldn't be red cards. Same with all this 'excessive force' rubbish. Do they want tackling or not? Excessive force??! Have they seen Rugby? Fannys!

But it was a sending off if we're going to follow these silly guidelines.

As for Townsend..... he switches between English and Irish at will.

how exactly wasnt it a sending off? every player knows the rules..... if you go in two footed then its not allowed... if you go in two footed, miss the ball, and take the player out 2 3rds of the way up his shin... how is that "fanny" whatever... they dont play in rigger boots anymore yoof. straight red. f*cking semi friendly game. why do it? as for townsend.... should just f*ck off the tv full stop. buy a bar in maaaaahyooorrrrka, get really red, talk about his playing days.... just f*ck off the telly...

he should buy a bar with steve claridge

how exactly wasnt it a sending off? every player knows the rules..... if you go in two footed then its not allowed... if you go in two footed, miss the ball, and take the player out 2 3rds of the way up his shin... how is that "fanny" whatever... they dont play in rigger boots anymore yoof. straight red. f*cking semi friendly game. why do it? as for townsend.... should just f*ck off the tv full stop. buy a bar in maaaaahyooorrrrka, get really red, talk about his playing days.... just f*ck off the telly...

he should buy a bar with steve claridge

Did you see the tackle?

And I actually agreed it was a sending off in today's game.

Look at any Sunday league game. Have you seen the tackling. A Premiership ref would have 3red cards per game.

The problem is the rule. If you tackle with two feet your off. Why? I've seen loads of good clean two footed challenges. About as many as I've seen horrific one footed challenges.

One example of following the rule was when Forest played Leeds. Forest had a man sent off for "excessive force" because he went into a 50/50 tackle. Won the ball first and cleanly. The Leeds player went for the ball and wasn't strong enough. Sent off for excessive force!!!!? Seriously!

A two footed tackle example, Vincent Kompany was sent off for a two footed tackle where he cleanly took the ball with one foot but his other foot followed. What was he supposed to do with it? Ask Lescott to hold onto it? Leave it on the bench? It naturally followed with him. It wasn't dangerous at all.

Ivanovic should of been sent off by letter of the law. But come on, if it'd of been one footed hed of been booked for a high tackle. But look where is other foot was man. Along the floor, not part of the tackle. It's momentum and direction which brings it into it. Where else could that foot of gone?

Send him off for a 'high foot' if they want. But two footed?! Are these blokes? Are they wearing shin pads? I must just be hard as nails compared to the average man then. Sunday league has given me plenty of bruises very high up my legs.... yet I've seen like 3 red cards in god knows how many games.

Like this tackle from behind nonsense. There is such a good thing as a good tackle from behind. Just like you should be sent off for a dangerous tackle with one foot from the front.

I'd love to see some of these football lads go back to Sunday mornings. Or have a game of Rugby. I remember a WC game between Argentina and Germany. The ref didn't blow for anything less than a Sunday League foul. After 20 mins of rolling about like they'd been shot the whole lot of them endured proper tackles and got on with the match. No injuries. It was mint.

"I'm sorry number 4, but I'm going to send you off because the law says that even though you won the ball and never touched the opponent directly, you tackled with excessive force and the force on the ball has caused a sniper to shoot down that 6ft 5in CM who will run like a gazelle again in 30 second after limp"

Archived