Non-Derby County games thread

ANGERMAN1

Fed up reading about anti-football in this thread. The game football began as rough hoofball, real football is smashing the crap out of each other, the rules have just changed a lit since.

At the end of the day City bought the league, no team has ever spent money the way they have.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't be arsed writing anything constructive...because you're just wrong. So stupidly wrong...about everything. You must live in an imaginary world where everything is perfect or something like that. I can't understand your stubbornness and total unwillingness to conceive that your idea of football has never existed...and that it just never will.

What am I wrong about?

My idea has never existed? It does exist, in Spain, Germany, Holland, anywhere in South America.. In fact only Inter under Mourinho and the English sides have deployed such anti-footballing tactics and it's catching on.. It'll become more obvious next season, 4-1-4-1 camped on the edge of the 18 yard line hoping for a 0-0..

It's laughable, ugly, boring and anti-football

I'm not being stubborn about anything.. You're being stubborn. I'm currently watching Getafe vs Zaragoza, Zaragoza need to win to survive, anything other and they're down.. They've attacked from the first minute, winning 1-0, looking for more goals.. Normal football.

Bris how can you be so dismissive of any other style ofr fottball being enjoyable.

What?

Barcas 'ticky-tacky' is enjoyable

Dortmund/Bayerns counter attacking pure pace football is enjoyable

The Dutch way and the total football all out attack is enjoyable

The Turkish triangle passing and moving is enjoyable

Glenn Hoddles famous 3-5-2 wingback formation was enoyable

Stoke Citys launch the ball from 40 yards away + in the box total mayhem is enjoyable

Villareals shoot on sight policy football is enjoyable

The rigid Italian defensive formation with the use of counters and flair players at the other end can be enjoyable

This new 4-1-4-1 camp 10 men on the edge of the 18 yard line and hope for a 0-0 from K.O. and make no attempt to keep the ball and boot it to the corners everytime you recieve the ball.. Basically this anti-football sh*te is not enjoyable in the slightest

What am I wrong about?

l

I'm not being stubborn about anything.. You're being stubborn. I'm currently watching Getafe vs Zaragoza, Zaragoza need to win to survive, anything other and they're down.. They've attacked from the first minute, winning 1-0, looking for more goals.. Normal football.

erm they need to win? A draw is no good you say? Hmmmm? So an English team would look for a 0-0?

I'm not biting.

What am I wrong about?

My idea has never existed? It does exist, in Spain, Germany, Holland, anywhere in South America.. In fact only Inter under Mourinho and the English sides have deployed such anti-footballing tactics and it's catching on.. It'll become more obvious next season, 4-1-4-1 camped on the edge of the 18 yard line hoping for a 0-0..

It's laughable, ugly, boring and anti-football

QPR didnt need to win to survive bris. They needed a point to be safe. if they needed to win they may have set up differently. They may have tried to have beed AS good as Zaragoza.

erm they need to win? A draw is no good you say? Hmmmm? So an English team would look for a 0-0?

I'm not biting.

The moment they took the 1-0 lead (they're even playing 10 men) they've continued to attack.. Not sit there and camp on the 18 yard line

Alex Ferguson says Man City have bought the title. Cost of starting City team = £161m. Cost of starting United team = £169m

that was copied off twitter - not my workings out....

That was with Dzeko in the line up. I do believe they startd with Tevez, whom I think was signed for nought, although I may be wrong. (insert egg on face pic here)

Attacking with 5 minutes to go..

GOAL 0-2

Why haven't they been camping anti-football style for the past 35 minutes?

This is enjoyable

the negative feckers needed to score another 5 to stay up.

how come they didnt throw the kitchen sink at it like and english team would have done.

WOW..

With 4 teams all with a chance of going down on the last day Zaragoza have pulled of the greatest escape ever known to football winning 8 of the last 11 to stay up.. They were 10 points adrift at the bottom..

Real Vallecano (17th) beat Granada 1-0 (15th)

Meaning.. Villareal are relegated after losing 0-1 at home to Atletico and despite not being in the bottom 3 for 95% of the season..

The moment they took the 1-0 lead (they're even playing 10 men) they've continued to attack.. Not sit there and camp on the 18 yard line

You saw the game today?

10 man QPR took the lead against City did they not? Then, news of stoke drawing with Bolton came through, so 10 man QPR try to defend a rampant attacking side desperate to score and take the championship title.

11 against 10 is not really a contest (unless you are Forest) the pressure from city was relentless, QPR could do nothing else but defend, they were simply overwhelmed.

I'm still not biting though.

EXCUSE ME.

Why are we clogging up this thread with some bullshite argument about-

[size=5]THE TEAM WITH THE WORST AWAY RECORD IN THE LEAGUE[/size], [size=5]WHO NEED TO GET 1 POINT TO STAY UP, GOING AWAY TO THE BEST[/size] [size=5]TEAM IN THE LEAGUE'S BLOODY FORTRESS OF A HOME GROUND AND ******* DEFENDING.[/size]

Yes, it wasnt pretty, but it kept them up didnt it?

If Derby were in that situation, are you seriously saying we'd want Nigel to play a 4-3-3 and go for it? No, we'd want him to play a 6-4-0 and chuck on the mighty Jake Buxton in the 87th minute.

stop thinking about it as a principal and think logically.

Bris while I admire your principles you're simply incorrect on this point for a couple of really simple reasons. No-one is saying they want to see this all the time, what people are saying is that it's acceptable to think about a game logically and what the best chances of getting a point or three actually are. Is it to defend and catch them on the counter and score 2 goals like QPR? or is it to set up open against a team who has scored 89 goals in the league this season and has some of the best players in the world who will cut you apart like a hungry lion eating a carcass ?

Thinking pragmatically is key in this unequal world of ours, so sometimes survival has to come above playing nice football. If finances were more even then I would move more towards your side of the argument but the sad fact is they aren't. Also you fail to recognise the beauty of a different style of football, the david vs goliath situation where a team gives everything, makes heroic blocks, cheats a bit and does everything possible to win. To me this is part of what makes football wonderful and I feel sorry for you if you miss the beauty of that. Again I am not saying every game go out and do it, but now and again it makes for good watching and keeps a different side of the game alive.

Bris while I admire your principles you're simply incorrect on this point for a couple of really simple reasons. No-one is saying they want to see this all the time, what people are saying is that it's acceptable to think about a game logically and what the best chances of getting a point or three actually are. Is it to defend and catch them on the counter and score 2 goals like QPR? or is it to set up open against a team who has scored 89 goals in the league this season and has some of the best players in the world who will cut you apart like a hungry lion eating a carcass ?

Thinking pragmatically is key in this unequal world of ours, so sometimes survival has to come above playing nice football. If finances were more even then I would move more towards your side of the argument but the sad fact is they aren't. Also you fail to recognise the beauty of a different style of football, the david vs goliath situation where a team gives everything, makes heroic blocks, cheats a bit and does everything possible to win. To me this is part of what makes football wonderful and I feel sorry for you if you miss the beauty of that. Again I am not saying every game go out and do it, but now and again it makes for good watching and keeps a different side of the game alive.

Go and watch Man City 3-3 Sunderland and you'll see two teams trying to win..

Go and watch Arsenal 3-3 Norwich and you'll see two teams trying to win..

What was memorable was watching Man City beat ugly anti-football tactics with two goals in the last 5 mins.. The 85 minutes before that was not memorable in the slightest

Watch QPR fighting for their lives on the last of the season away needing a point to stay up against a team fighting for the title and go 2-1 up with 10 men.......Damn they are so anti football!

The voice of reason!!

End of discussion.

Archived