Fifa 12

davenportram

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really tried to persist with this and grow to like it, but garbage doesn't even begin to describe it.

The new defending system - really couldn't give a fook about it. Adds nothing other than frustration as you inevitably end up spending nearly the entire game chasing the opposition players around the four corners of the pitch.

Turn the new defending system off and go with legacy defending and it makes little difference as the 'pro passing' system seemingly only applies to you and not the computer, who nonchalantly pings the ball around the pitch with consummate ease. A shame there's no option for legacy passing.

Rubber-banding is absolutely ridiculous. Every game follows the same pattern - kick off, piss all over the opposition for the first half. Second half, kick off, still ok. Come the last 20 minutes in every game and somehow your players are fooked while the computer plays as though it's just brought on 11 fresh players. Que seemingly guaranteed wins turning into inconceivable defeats.

Logic - start your career as a striker for Barcelona and you won't be replacing David Villa, no you'll replace Messi instead. Worse still the computer Manager never brings Messi on as a sub even though he's on the bench for every game. Eventually Messi will decide that he's had enough and get himself transferred away from the club.

Penalties - Sh1te. Fook it, just whack them all down the middle. And what's with the vvank sound effect?

Referees - Innocuous foul = red card, professional foul = yellow card. Really?

Handball - sounded good. Turned it on, at least one penalty every game. Turned back off.

Crossing - laughable.

Shooting - goes from the sublime to the ridiculous.

So;

Passing - sh1te

Shooting - sh1te

Tackling - sh1te

Crossing - sh1te

Fifa 12 is the Stephen Pearson of football games. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':rolleyes:' />

Or as someone else described it - It's Fifa 11 + a load of **** that I couldn't give a fook about! 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />

It is rare that I disagree with almost everything someone has said, but Staffs, I think I may very well disagree with absolutely everything you have said.

The game is fantastic, the new defending creates space in the game, which is what actually makes the game like true football. If you defend properly holding possession shouldn't be impossible either. I've had over 55% possession regularly.

I really don't get the complaints about penalties, they are the same damn penalties that have been in since the last World Cup edition and surely aren't that hard to master, I've missed one of about 17 and I never go down the middle.

The reason that you see "rubber-banding" is that the AI will pressurise you late in the game, if you can get the ball forward there is stacks of space to exploit. In fact I have a tendency to have the game the other way around, I normally concede first and have to fight my way back into the game.

Shooting is something that actually works now too, but that's a whole other kettle of fish.

Have fun with not enjoying the game though, it is without a doubt the best football game I've ever played and is rated as the best sports game of its generation, but hey, everyone has different tastes.

Have fun with not enjoying the game though, it is without a doubt the best football game I've ever played and is rated as the best sports game of its generation, but hey, everyone has different tastes.

I don't really pay much attention to magazine ratings, too often they have their own agenda. I prefer to go off user ratings.

According to Metacritic, Fifa 12 ranges from 6.6 to 7.6 out of 10. That sounds about right - it's a solid 7/10 game, nothing more.

Not too worried though, picked it up cheap, still has good resale value (in fact I can sell it for more than I paid, hurrah!), and there's only a month to go before the real autumn heavyweight lands, Modern Warfare 3. Thank fook. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

User ratings however are too easily biased by troll votes. A singular 1 out of 10 vote over 10 votes for a 9 out of 10 games would put it to a 8.2 out of 10 for example. The most accurate ratings come from meta rating over a series of reviews. 29 is a statistically significant number of critical reviews and overall they are held accountable for what they say and not all could be biased. Overall I agree with the popular opinion of the game.

In other news I'm into my 3rd season and by the end of the first game I've lost my top scores Davies (now rated 75) to a broken ankle and Shackell to a broken leg. Hurray!

Most people who dont like it are those that havent figured out how to defend. Plus, i find playing against the computer tedious and repititive, you cant predict what the computer is gunna do and i find trying to work out the opposition half the enjoyment, hence why i only play online against other people.

I'm loving the new Fifa, all games are pretty close, at the moment not really focusing on one game mode doing a bit of ultimate, a little carer and online head to head all very good.

The game play is the best I have played on a fifa game, you can just as easily play a short passing game or route one it!!!

If anyone wants to add me my gamer tag is: Mart Poom

Apologies for the rant last night/this morning fellas.

I need to stop posting immediately after a bullsh1t result. Especially when it's half one in the morning and I'm fooked!

I feel your pain bro.

Because I have come close to throwing the controller down on the floor hard, which would have cost me £30, I was just so frustrated so I thought it best to turn it off and shoot some Mexicans on Red Dead instead.

I don't think it's the best FIFA in terms of enjoyment, I thought South Africa 2010 was the perfect balance and it's gone downhill since then.

It's frustratingly realistic though, and I feel robbed when I concede silly goals from the wing, just because I can't tackle the bloody player at all! Especially when I'm dominating possession and getting more shots on target, 90%+ passing etc. I am still contemplating trading it in, but will most likely keep it because FIFA 11's online will be pretty dead soon.

And it does feel very satisfying when Jason Shackell manages to make a beautifully timed tackle just outside the 18 yard box on World Class. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

I don't really pay much attention to magazine ratings, too often they have their own agenda. I prefer to go off user ratings.

According to Metacritic, Fifa 12 ranges from 6.6 to 7.6 out of 10. That sounds about right - it's a solid 7/10 game, nothing more.

Not too worried though, picked it up cheap, still has good resale value (in fact I can sell it for more than I paid, hurrah!), and there's only a month to go before the real autumn heavyweight lands, Modern Warfare 3. Thank fook. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

modern warfare has been a bad joke since call of duty 4, black ops was a joke, the new heavyweight is battlefield 3.

I'm not sure I cba with MW3 or BF3 this year.

It's a contradiction to popular opinion, but World at War is my favourite one. I love having the MG42 and the Browning. Also the Zombies is excellent (with the Der Reise map). The Black Ops zombies is infuriatingly difficult.

Also the maps aren't as camper friendly as the Modern Warfare games.

Archived