Let's Talk al-Notts Rovers

Day

Ayala is not a championship centre back at all - no grit or determination in him what so ever! I think he would be more suited to another country, he isn't bad on the ball - The swiss centre back we had on trial reminded me of Ayala in the way he receives the ball and plays with it, but as we saw when he came up against Adebola/Platt..etc he doesn't get pushed around either and stands his ground - I remember Ayala being a ball playing centre back who had a good standing tackle but was poor at marking his man and was easily smothered by strikers.

6/10 in this division!

Saying this Norwich fans seem to really rate him - quite surprised, people saying how 'solid' he is well I wouldn't of ever called him that here - made some fairly good tackles and could pass the ball, was comfortable in possession but 'solid' hmm... guess we'll wait and see!

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hes only 21 i guess, fingers crossed he does the business

what would you rate james o connor? 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/huh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':huh:' />

James O'Connor is a good player for cover.

Doubt he'll get in the team past Gazza Roberts and Brayford, and I wouldn't see him as a CB.

But to be fair, he said he don't want to just sit on the bench, which is always good to hear.

hes only 21 i guess, fingers crossed he does the business

what would you rate james o connor? 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/huh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':huh:' />

I have never seen O'Connor through a long period of time - I remember him from one game where we lost 2-1 at the keepmoat and he had a good game but that was 2009* I think - the season he won POTY at Doncaster anyway.

I can only go on what i've seen, I actually despise people who make judgements on 'what they've heard' and how big a name a player is - unless you've personally seen a player consistently at this level then you don't really have any room to comment - at best you're guessing based upon assumptions! not aimed at you, but I have seen Ayala play consistently at this level and complete polar opposite to Jake Buxton, and I know who I would rather have in my side! the one that gives everything into every game, fights for every ball and gets his head on everything - despite not being a big name or an incredible footballer.

http://www.inlander.com/spokane/imgs/hed/art14710widea

on their forum...

'[size=3]Oh and O'Driscoll is recognised by most football journo's as one of the best young managers outside of the premiership.'[/size]

[size=3]They do say that 55 is the new 30... [/size][size=3] [/size] 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/huh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':huh:' />[size=3] [/size] 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/blink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':blink:' />

Let's be honest. There is absolutely nothing else to do in Derby.

In our city we have 2 football clubs (somewhat successful), a rugby team, cricket team, the national ice hockey champions, MMA gyms that have fighters competing in the UFC and the 3x world super middleweight champion.

Derby has.

Erm.

Pride park.

If you like football and support Forest then how good must Nottingham Panthers be to draw you away?!!!

I love DCFC. Megan Fox couldn't stop me going to support them every chance I get nevermind Ben Dover's latest MMA bout or whatever

TBF SoD is signing lower/mid table championship players.....its what he knows and what forest need atm imho

Not exciting for our deprived brethren but is probably what they need after the heady years of success under Billy, the mega signings of Boateng, Reid and Greening under Shteeve and Steve Cotterill's amazing feat of keeping them up.

It's weird how none of our signings/ potential signings are better than any of your players, especially considering your teams highest finish in the last 3 seasons is 12th.

This made me laugh. We're talking about Ayala, who played for us during one of the bad years. We didn't keep him, got better defenders in, and then had our best year. So, yeah, Ayala is not better than any of our current squad, else he'd be in our current squad.

Ayala just seemed to have real concentration and focus issues when we had him on-loan. At times he looked very handy to have at the back, others he looked like a liability.

Perhaps his time at Norwich has helped him improve, although being linked with Forest suggests possibly not.

Let's be honest. There is absolutely nothing else to do in Derby.

In our city we have 2 football clubs (somewhat successful), a rugby team, cricket team, the national ice hockey champions, MMA gyms that have fighters competing in the UFC and the 3x world super middleweight champion.

Had to laugh at this one too. I can't speak for the other sports, but a rugby team! That's hardly pulling crowds away from your football team. I've lived in Leicester for 12 years, and feel I've earned the adoptive right to support the Tigers when I'm in the mood for the funny shaped ball (until Derby produce a rugby team). Now Leicester is a city where you can understand the crowds being drawn to the rugby club, in fact they really ought to just give up football altogether. But being drawn away from Forest to go see Nottingham Rugby Club instead?

I know Forest are *****, but has it really got that bad? Must be, if a Forest fan is saying the football there is so poor he'd rather watch the rugby, ice hockey, boxing, tiddlywinks, or basically any other sport.

Had to laugh at this one too. I can't speak for the other sports, but a rugby team! That's hardly pulling crowds away from your football team. I've lived in Leicester for 12 years, and feel I've earned the adoptive right to support the Tigers when I'm in the mood for the funny shaped ball (until Derby produce a rugby team). Now Leicester is a city where you can understand the crowds being drawn to the rugby club, in fact they really ought to just give up football altogether. But being drawn away from Forest to go see Nottingham Rugby Club instead?

I know Forest are *****, but has it really got that bad? Must be, if a Forest fan is saying the football there is so poor he'd rather watch the rugby, ice hockey, boxing, tiddlywinks, or basically any other sport.

Post more my friend.

Archived