Let's Talk al-Notts Rovers

Day

I think SoD is actually a pretty good appointment by Forest, he deserves a chance at a big club (Yes, Forest are a big club, regardless of how much you dislike them) and I hope he does OK. The one thing I would say though is that he has a hell of a job on his hands. He's coming in when most other clubs are well into there preseason work and have signed the majority of there transfer targets and he has a VERY thin looking squad (insert Andy Reid joke here) and little time to get a squad together, get them playing in a system he wants and in a style that he want's before the start of the season proper.

The owners haven't come across very well at all so far, looking at it from as neutral a point of view as a Derby fan can, with there ridiculous statements of competing with Man City and Man Utd and taking Forest back to the top of English Football. It all seemed a bit naive. Focus on getting out of the Championship first lads, save the grand statements for once you've established yourselves as a Premier league side.

Then the sacking of Cotterill seemingly without anyone lined up to take his place. Then claiming they would hire a 'Iconic' manager (which let's be honest, has come back to bite them in the arse with this appointment) and the whole haphazard manner in which they FINALLY got a new manager in. Plus the talk of flying in the top Kuwaity talent and saying that they'll 'recommend' players to the manager...urgh. It's all just looked a bit of a shambles really. Still time will tell I guess.

I hope that Forest fans are realistic this season and give SoD time, being honest I'm sure most would admit that due to all the chaos of the takeover/sacking and hiring of a manager that promotion this season is highly unlikely. This should be a season of growth, a season where Sean builds a team and starts to put his stamp on it. No doubt about it they'll be some ****** calling for his head if there below 12th come Christmas, and I can understand ,if there in danger of going down, them getting rid of him, but yeah...Patience Forest.

So in summary the owner's look shambolic BUT they've hired a decent manager who, if given time and financial backing, should do a decent job for 'em. Still hope they finish below us though!! 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

Anyway, you can go back to arguing about previous result's now lad's. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think SoD is actually a pretty good appointment by Forest, he deserves a chance at a big club (Yes, Forest are a big club, regardless of how much you dislike them) and I hope he does OK. The one thing I would say though is that he has a hell of a job on his hand's. He's coming in when most other clubs are well into there preseason work and have signed the majority of there transfer targets and he has a VERY thin looking squad (insert Andy Reid joke here) and little time to get a squad together, get them playing in a system he want's and in a style that he want's before the start of the season proper.

The owner's haven't come across very well at all so far, looking at it from as neutral a point of view as a Derby fan can, with there ridiculous statement's of competing with Man City and Man Utd and taking Forest back to the top of English Football. It all seemed a bit naive. Focus on getting out of the Championship first lad's, save the grand statement's for once you've established yourselves as a Premier league side.

Then the sacking of Cotterill seemingly without anyone lined up to take his place. Then claiming they would hire a 'Iconic' manager (which let's be honest, has come back to bite them in the arse with this appointment) and the whole haphazard manner in which they FINALLY got a new manager in. Plus the talk of flying in the top Kuwaity talent and saying that they'll 'recommend' players to the manager...urgh. It's all just looked a bit of a shambles really. Still time will tell I guess.

I hope that Forest fan's are realistic this season and give SoD time, being honest I'm sure most would admit that due to all the chaos of the takeover/sacking and hiring of a manager that promotion this season is highly unlikely. This should be a season of growth, a season where Sean builds a team and starts to put his stamp on it. No doubt about it they'll be some moron's calling for his head if there below 12th come Christmas, and I can understand ,if there in danger of going down, them getting rid of him, but yeah...Patience Forest.

So in summary the owner's look shambolic BUT they've hired a decent manager who, if given time and financial backing, should do a decent job for 'em. Still hope they finish below us though!! 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

Anyway, you can go back to arguing about previous result's now lad's. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />

Good post !

Good post !

I woudl have preferred if they had got an iconic manager like Sven spent any money they had left and left them deeper in the ****. Actualy SOD is quite a good appointment, they will need his exeperience of keeping Donny in the Championship as long as he did.

I think SoD is actually a pretty good appointment by Forest, he deserves a chance at a big club (Yes, Forest are a big club, regardless of how much you dislike them) and I hope he does OK. The one thing I would say though is that he has a hell of a job on his hand's. He's coming in when most other clubs are well into there preseason work and have signed the majority of there transfer targets and he has a VERY thin looking squad (insert Andy Reid joke here) and little time to get a squad together, get them playing in a system he want's and in a style that he want's before the start of the season proper.

The owner's haven't come across very well at all so far, looking at it from as neutral a point of view as a Derby fan can, with there ridiculous statement's of competing with Man City and Man Utd and taking Forest back to the top of English Football. It all seemed a bit naive. Focus on getting out of the Championship first lad's, save the grand statement's for once you've established yourselves as a Premier league side.

I hope that Forest fan's are realistic this season and give SoD time, being honest I'm sure most would admit that due to all the chaos of the takeover/sacking and hiring of a manager that promotion this season is highly unlikely. This should be a season of growth, a season where Sean builds a team and starts to put his stamp on it. No doubt about it they'll be some moron's calling for his head if there below 12th come Christmas, and I can understand ,if there in danger of going down, them getting rid of him, but yeah...Patience Forest.

not a chance in hell you're getting away with that Dan.

If you're a genuine Derby fan, why I'll eat my own....... hat.

bold number one? Why would you want them to give him time? why? you'd want them to be the laughing stock of the league

bold number two? Sean? ffs Sean?

bold number three? Yes there will be, hopefully at least 30,000 will be joining in with me while I laugh my cock off at Forests struggles!!!!! They're not the club they used to be.

not a chance in hell you're getting away with that Dan.

If you're a genuine Derby fan, why I'll eat my own....... hat.

bold number one? Why would you want them to give him time? why? you'd want them to be the laughing stock of the league

bold number two? Sean? ffs Sean?

bold number three? Yes there will be, hopefully at least 30,000 will be joining in with me while I laugh my cock off at Forests struggles!!!!! They're not the club they used to be.

Hope you've got some ketchup for that hat of your's...season ticket holder and regular away game attendee right here!!

Just trying to look at it from a neutral point of view (not every opinion on Forest has to be so bloody minded) and I alway's liked SoD and thought he did a hell of a job at Donny. So a part of me wishes him success, It's just unfortunate where he's ended up!! I know it will be pretty funny to us if it all goes tit's up for Forest and they end up back in league 1 but personally I love having Forest in our league. The atmosphere and noise we make in the bridgeford lower is always up there with the best of the season and there's not a game at Pride Park that comes close to Forest in term's of atmos.

In an ideal world we'd both be in the Prem, with us winning trophies all the time and them steady in mid-table. Kinda like the Man Utd / Man City rivalry before City got rich.

So yeah, I am a Derby fan and I hope that hat's a stetson.

Hope you've got some ketchup for that hat of your's...season ticket holder and regular away game attendee right here!!

Just trying to look at it from a neutral point of view (not every opinion on Forest has to be so bloody minded) and I alway's liked SoD and thought he did a hell of a job at Donny. So a part of me wishes him success, It's just unfortunate where he's ended up!! I know it will be pretty funny to us if it all goes tit's up for Forest and they end up back in league 1 but personally I love having Forest in our league. The atmosphere and noise we make in the bridgeford lower is always up there with the best of the season and there's not a game at Pride Park that comes close to Forest in term's of atmos.

In an ideal world we'd both be in the Prem, with us winning trophies all the time and them steady in mid-table. Kinda like the Man Utd / Man City rivalry before City got rich.

So yeah, I am a Derby fan and I hope that hat's a stetson.

Thats not likely to happy for either of us im afraid!

Mutawa actually looks alright, but then a youtube video often tells a very untrue story.. Yes Robbie Findlay im talking about you

My take on Forest without being too biased.

They have a small squad, some good, most bad - they don't have any kind of defence, never mind back up for a defence, they're looking short on the wings and have quite a few players who play the same positions which isn't brilliant when working with a small squad.

They have hired a sensible manager - do I think he is the best choice? not at all, not even close but he knows the division and I often think because his teams pass the ball around, he has been looked at favorably, I don't think he has done a fantastic job with Doncaster, but he did a good job with what he had - finished 14th, 12th and 21st which is why when he was finally dropped by doncaster he didn't get another job at this level until assistant to Cotternil. I don't expect him to blow money though in much of the same sense I know we don't blow money because of Clough so anyone hoping for Forest to go crash bang over finances will have to wait. - In terms of managers who I think would of been a better choice first of all Billy Davies - gets the absolute best out of average players which I eluded to before this season started and would of hated to see him back in charge at Forest - Sean Dyche first season as manager and finishes 11th with a side widely tipped to go down and if Clough was to go today, he would be the first person I would want, y'know if Billy didn't want the job 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ph34r:' />

What I expect Forest to do this season, definitely in the relegation battle - without a shadow of the doubt, watching cautiously who they bring through in the next few weeks because as it stands they have the weakest squad in the division the players need to gel and they need to all pull in the same direction. I really expect Barnsley, Millwall, Wednesday and Forest to make the bottom 4.

It'll be interesting, I for one am excited for the new season - from a point of view of watching forest anyway. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />

[size=4]

[url=https://twitter.com/SportsAgentJHC]James Henry Cross ‏[size=3]@SportsAgentJHC[/size][/size][size=4]

Understand the transfer fund is nowhere near what many are expecting, and that has reflected on the managerial situation. [url=https://twitter.com/#!/search/%23nffc]#nffc [/size]

[size=4]Thats a surprise, the gunter money plus a bit more - no more than 3million will be spent I can [/size]guarantee[size=4] it[/size]

LOL

Everybody knows the inside dealing of Forest

Whoever we bring in won't be good enough on here for whatever reasons

But we have a manager who likes to play football & a team full of good players that wanted him at Forest

He will be able to bring in new players & we will develope

Billy Davies & Mick McCarthy are good in this league but both failed in the prem.

I prefer our chances by building a footballing side under S O'd

We are work in progress & not expected to do anything this season, We need time to build !!!!!!

But with a couple of good defenders & winger we are ready to take on the season.

With Brian looking after his favorite team from above

HOW CAN WE FAIL

Dave your optimism frightens the hell out of me!

Well put it this way, the Hasawis simply have to spend big because we barely have enough players to field a 11 a aside so far. If they don't then their tenure will be incredibly short lived as we will almost certainly go down. (how can you stay up with no defense?)

On the other hand they could come out and put several good purchases together and have a successful time here. Not expecting anything from this season, boring mid table will do me fine. Honestly can't remember the last time we had a boring mid table season?

I think SoD is actually a pretty good appointment by Forest, he deserves a chance at a big club (Yes, Forest are a big club, regardless of how much you dislike them) and I hope he does OK. The one thing I would say though is that he has a hell of a job on his hands. He's coming in when most other clubs are well into there preseason work and have signed the majority of there transfer targets and he has a VERY thin looking squad (insert Andy Reid joke here) and little time to get a squad together, get them playing in a system he wants and in a style that he want's before the start of the season proper.

The owners haven't come across very well at all so far, looking at it from as neutral a point of view as a Derby fan can, with there ridiculous statements of competing with Man City and Man Utd and taking Forest back to the top of English Football. It all seemed a bit naive. Focus on getting out of the Championship first lads, save the grand statements for once you've established yourselves as a Premier league side.

I hope that Forest fans are realistic this season and give SoD time, being honest I'm sure most would admit that due to all the chaos of the takeover/sacking and hiring of a manager that promotion this season is highly unlikely. This should be a season of growth, a season where Sean builds a team and starts to put his stamp on it. No doubt about it they'll be some ****** calling for his head if there below 12th come Christmas, and I can understand ,if there in danger of going down, them getting rid of him, but yeah...Patience Forest.

Good post and I agree with pretty much all of it, except the bold part. I'm pretty sure that they meant by 'competing' as just playing in the same division as them, not aiming for Champions League sides.

I'm perfectly happy with just a season or two of midtable, maybe a cheeky double over Derby (Although this season that will be an ambitious aim) but just building for a promotion push. I'm very happy with the SO'D appointment as I do think he was responsible for us staying up last year, not SC. Performed miracles at Doncaster and Bournemouth but it'll be interesting to see how he fares with a bigger club like us.

[size=4][url=https://twitter.com/SportsAgentJHC]James Henry Cross ‏[size=3]@SportsAgentJHC[/size][/size]

[size=4]Understand the transfer fund is nowhere near what many are expecting, and that has reflected on the managerial situation. [url=https://twitter.com/#!/search/%23nffc]#nffc [/size]

[size=4]Thats a surprise, the gunter money plus a bit more - no more than 3million will be spent I can [/size]guarantee[size=4] it[/size]

I don't think you really need to spend much more than that anyway to do well this season. Look at how many free transfers there have been from Prem clubs, you could build a very competitive Championship squad without spending anything on transfer fees.

Mutawa actually looks alright, but then a youtube video often tells a very untrue story.. Yes Robbie Findlay im talking about you

I was chatting to a Leicester fan about this and he said that before they signed Yann Kermgorant YouTube video's made him look like Messi. I watched a video of another trialist (Firas Al-Katib iirc) and he looked impressive, but there are probably League 2 sides with better defenses than some of them teams.

LOL

Everybody knows the inside dealing of Forest

Whoever we bring in won't be good enough on here for whatever reasons

But we have a manager who likes to play football & a team full of good players that wanted him at Forest

He will be able to bring in new players & we will develope

Billy Davies & Mick McCarthy are good in this league but both failed in the prem.

I prefer our chances by building a footballing side under S O'd

We are work in progress & not expected to do anything this season, We need time to build !!!!!!

But with a couple of good defenders & winger we are ready to take on the season.

With Brian looking after his favorite team from above

HOW CAN WE FAIL

Which defenders do you want SoD to sign?

Archived