Let's Talk al-Notts Rovers

Day

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The last time I was excited about Derby was when Peter Gadsby had just taken over with Billy D and we were actually spending money and being pro-active in the transfer market..

Since then each summer has been a disappointment (last seasons wasn't that bad I guess)

Have to agree with this. Even the summer after promotion was largely disappointing as it was quite clear that we weren't signing the players to keep us up.

If Forest have money it would be a step up.. Any team with money in this division would be a step up for managers/coaches/players etc..

I'd be excited if I was a Forest fan.. The last time I was excited about Derby was when Peter Gadsby had just taken over with Billy D and we were actually spending money and being pro-active in the transfer market..

Since then each summer has been a disappointment (last seasons wasn't that bad I guess)

Lat summer was exciting at the start but fiizzled out we only bought half a team didnt buy a striker which cost us a lot of points given the number o f games we could have won last year if we had put them away.

Lat summer was exciting at the start but fiizzled out we only bought half a team didnt buy a striker which cost us a lot of points given the number o f games we could have won last year if we had put them away.

How sad is it that excitement can only be generated by spending money?

Whats this F****t with money will be an asset crap.

They have just squandered £100,000,000 in the last few years, or does that not flucking count.

It was nowhere near $100mill and it was certainly over a longer period of time than just 'a few years'

Point is, they're far more likely to win promotion than any club trying to win promotion on a shoe string...

Forest are now 10/1 to win the NPC, gone down further since the sacking of SC.. They're 4th favourites now.. I thought they were going to be 'f*cked'?? This idea is stupid, millions of debt and in dire trouble to be bailed out by rich kids whilst clubs like Derby try and do it the proper way.. We'll lose, they'll win

It was nowhere near $100mill and it was certainly over a longer period of time than just 'a few years'

Point is, they're far more likely to win promotion than any club trying to win promotion on a shoe string...

Forest are now 10/1 to win the NPC, gone down further since the sacking of SC.. They're 4th favourites now.. I thought they were going to be 'f*cked'?? This idea is stupid, millions of debt and in dire trouble to be bailed out by rich kids whilst clubs like Derby try and do it the proper way.. We'll lose, they'll win

I say it was, OK 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />

Yes but Bris don't forget, with the FFP Forest will be banned from Europe for a year and have transfer restrictions placed on them AFTER they've bought £30m worth of players.

It's bad news for Forest. No European football next year so they might have to make do with rubbish PL money and competition. Poor ********.

But fingers crossed they're still *****.

If Forest have money it would be a step up.. Any team with money in this division would be a step up for managers/coaches/players etc..

I'd be excited if I was a Forest fan.. The last time I was excited about Derby was when Peter Gadsby had just taken over with Billy D and we were actually spending money and being pro-active in the transfer market..

That last sentance just goes to show how we have been seduced into accepting utter **** from our football team now....the last time I was genuinely excited about players coming in was under Jim Smith - we had seen the guys he was signing actually playing at the world cup. The guys we are getting excited about now are closer to picking up the FA Vase than they are the world cup trophy. Oh well, hopefully the new Forest owners do genuinely think that Roy Keane will be a stellar manager and he can sp*nk loads of their money up the wall on absolute dross....

Maybe, maybe not. Time will tell. Forest have had £75m in debt written off, you are supposing the next managers will spend it more wisely than the last few they've had.

Archived