Let's Talk al-Notts Rovers

Day

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Firstly, RIP. You have to have respect for any man that loves his team so much they'll pour £100m into it, even if the team is Forest. I've got no ill will against Nigel Doughty whatsoever. If this turns out to be anything to do with his association to Forest, then it's a real shame. No one should ever die for what is, at the end of the day, a game.

Secondly, how might this affect tomorrow? If I was a hollywood script writer, this would be the moment that turns Forest's season around. While wearing black armbands, they would find some fire in their belly, come out tomorrow and give us a hiding. Then they'd go on a winning streak that saw them rocket up the table, sneak into the play offs on the final day, and finally secure Doughty's dream. It would go down in history as being all thanks to his final sacrifice for the club.

However, this isn't a hollywood script, this is real life, and unfortunately a real man has lost his real life. It's a great shame, but the only real consequence it will have on tomorrow is that the shine is going to be taken off our inevitable (touch wood) victory, and any gloating that we may do, which would have been incredibly good fun, will now just be distasteful.

RIP ND. Nottingham Forest didn't deserve a superfan like you.

Got a sneaky photo of him having a fag with his mate andy

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/02021/fat-people_2021619c

I don't think it's insensitive to ask about the future of the football club, people around the club seem to think there will be money still going their way which is obviously what Nigel wanted, but from a family perspective that will no doubt receive the fortune depends on how happily they're to give money over to a club with 10k+ fans that have been nothing but absolute ***** to him for the past 2-3 years!

If I was in their shoes, I would without a doubt say... go f*ck yourself but we will see!

I thought Pleat might have chosen his words more carefully in that article as he ended saying that he(ND) was determined to get it back to the promised land!

RIP - as so many have said, whoever he supported, he was a man with family and gone at such a young age.

I don't think it's insensitive to ask about the future of the football club, people around the club seem to think there will be money still going their way which is obviously what Nigel wanted, but from a family perspective that will no doubt receive the fortune depends on how happily they're to give money over to a club with 10k+ fans that have been nothing but absolute ***** to him for the past 2-3 years!

If I was in their shoes, I would without a doubt say... go f*ck yourself but we will see!

To some it might be seen as insensitive - a case of - for want of a better phrase - "picking over the bones" as it were. At the end of the day though, ND was the money man and that fact alone would be cause for concern regarding the clubs future.

I'm not about to speculate what his family thinks, that's none of my business, but it's likely that they will want to see his wishes carried out. That's what I'd do anyway - but this is me speaking as a wife, football aside.

If i was his mrs, I'd be unhappy at the treatment of him by a section of the fans. I doubt she will be a life long fan of the club.

If it was me I'd be unhappy too and want to wring people's scrawny necks - but would she be willing to look beyond the bad stuff and carry on and do what he wanted? But I bet she's nowhere near caring what happens at the minute, poor soul.

Why have Cunningham and Elokobi? 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/huh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':huh:' />

Elokobi is an absolute beast, we need Daz Moore back and then watch them arm wrestle! 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ph34r:' />

Well, mooro is available on a free....

Archived