Guy Moussi

Alph

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would f*cking love it if we can sign him, just to see the Forest fans and schteve's reaction, although its said we're not really interested (which is a bit odd as it contradicts scteves comments) he sounds very interested in a move here, otherwise his agent wouldn't of said anything, it would boost our reputation and be a monster blow to Forest, especially after scteves comments.. get him in Clough would do wonders for us!

McClaren hook line and sinkered by Moussi's agent then, never going to happen, Bloomers asked about it, was a plant by his agent.

Funny thing is Forest fans will be taking the piss if he signs a new deal with them, "Moussi chose us over your tinpot club blah blah". Reality is his agent used our name to wangle more money out of them.

McClaren hook line and sinkered by Moussi's agent then, never going to happen, Bloomers asked about it, was a plant by his agent.

Funny thing is Forest fans will be taking the piss if he signs a new deal with them, "Moussi chose us over your tinpot club blah blah". Reality is his agent used our name to wangle more money out of them.

My thoughts are, why don't we sign him :confused:

we need a defensive midfielder, last time I checked he was one of them.

he promised championship experience, last time I checked he had that.

and to add, he is in his prime a 3 year deal will see him till his 29/30.

I genuinely cannot see why we're not interested, the only reason I can think is his lack of consistency but he does have talent, I would back Clough to get the best out of him!

Bloomers asked the club and was told it's just agent talk.

We haven't publicly stated we have been interested in any players we have signed. Its always been paper rumours or the selling club blabbing.

Why would they break this stance now. With the original quote coming from the agent the obvious answer from the club would be "it's agent talk trying to up the offer from Forest", which would also possibly up the offer from us. No different to Barnsley going public on Shackell to try and create a bidding war.

a most disagreeable use of a phrase. He wasn't raped, if he was, the swansea player, or as you infer, the whole club, would have been charged.

You are making out he was roasted by Swansea.

No, sorry, not roasted, erm, show a lack of respect and made to look inferior.

Well he took a right stuffing any road up

All that matters is that is he comfortable on the ball?

About time we footballers than failed athletes.

I know there is a very low chance of him coming here.

Tbf, i know this sounds stupid..... but he's nothing great on the ball from what i've seen. A tad clumsy sometimes. With a tendency to shoot.

His shooting is horrific most the time. :D

He's like Addison, but more mobile right now. Had we got a fully fit Addison playing comfortably infront of the back 4 i'd not see the point in Moussi.

But he offers strength, tough tackling and a very real physical presence. We need all those things in midfield. We had none of that last season. Far too nice.

Moussi would change that. Not sure he's the footballer your looking for. But he'd be a wonderful compliment to Bailey if they can grow a partnership.

That's my take on Moussi anyway. Miles Addison a bit further on.

But anyway, i'm getting carried away. Just wanted Moussi or Olofinjana for ages. Or even Bowyer or Eustace. Someone who can break plays up before poor Barker and Co are forced to do last ditch defending that eventually comes undone at the tail end of games under wave upon wave of attack.

I really don't see what Moussi can get out of Derby that he can't out of Forest. Why not stay at Forest?? He knows the team, the staff. We must offer some money that Forest wont. Doesn't seem likely when they rate him pretty highly (or did until he stalled on his contract).

I wouldn't be suprised if Daveo was spot on. He's looking to get Forest nervous and offering big money. Otherwise he'll sit and wait for a PL team to give him a run. One probably will if he waits long enough.

and if a PL club are prepared to take a punt - why shouldn't we?

(as an aside - why are players like boyd. earnie, tyson etc not staying at forest? Cutbacks?)

I hope we are in for him.

Hate the thought of players passing us by while we do nothing. Like David Norris.

I bet Nigel is working hard on a DM. If there's any chance of signing Moussi then i'm sure he'll want to go for it.

But if you was Moussi, would you call Derby a step up, a step down or a pointless step sideways. It'll take a decent wage to bring him here i reckon.

If we do get him it'll be firmly planted in Forest fans minds. "why couldn't we offer that".

Tables might be turning on them?

Think Earnshaw would of stayed for the right offer. When the offer didn't seem like it was going to match his demands he started touting a move to Cardiff. Reckon Earnshaw was pretty settled at Forest.

Still only signed Reid too.

It's all speculation though. Who knows.

yeah - my point is - why are players turning forest down? Money? SM?

Tyson was down to money

Earnie was down to length of contract

Moussi - could be either

Boyd - I doubt they offered for him

McKenna - Think he was surplus to requirements wasn't he?

Bennett - Fringe player

I think Doughty's finally coming around to the fact that his approach of spending to buy success isn't working and he's effectively p1ssing his money up the wall. I think there's an element of cost-cutting in there this year, and McClown's supposed to be trying to bring some of their youngsters through to plug the gaps.

They're also taking the kind of gambles that we've done over the past 3/4 years - Reid, Barnes are freebies, but will probably be on decent wages, Reid in particular. Could work, could backfire.

We won't know the full picture until the transfer window closes and we know who they've bought in, but so far, so good, for us. Can't see them making the playoffs as is.

But if you was Moussi, would you call Derby a step up, a step down or a pointless step sideways. It'll take a decent wage to bring him here i reckon.

If we do get him it'll be firmly planted in Forest fans minds. "why couldn't we offer that".

Im sure he will have seen what we all have seen, that their squad is being dusmantled. What is the last count? 9 out and 1 in. Hardly confidence building for the players left.

Clough says in a ramsplayer interview that transfer activity is a key thing potential signings look at. Given a choice between Foresr who appear to ripping a two times play off squad apart, and Derby wh appear to ge putting a decent ( on paper) squad and are showing signs of ambition. We could easily be seen as the better option.

Archived