Guy Moussi

Alph

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not true, "we've got to make sure we don't lose Guy Moussi, especially to Derby"

Yeah, that means it's a possibility. Was second hand info if i'm honest.

the way he dropped Eustaces name in that interview about Hendrick was strange. Also in one intervies his wording about chasing a defensive midielder was used in the past tense. I'll see if i can find them.

Or means he reads the Daily Mirror as that's the only place this rumour has appeared so far, even the Derby section on thisisderby hasn't even bothered mentioning it.

Clough talks about bringing in an experienced midfielder, not 2 or 3 just the one which sounds like it's Eustace he wants.

Or means he reads the Daily Mirror as that's the only place this rumour has appeared so far, even the Derby section on thisisderby hasn't even bothered mentioning it.

Clough talks about bringing in an experienced midfielder, not 2 or 3 just the one which sounds like it's Eustace he wants.

"We did chase somebody who would have covered us across the back four. (Eustace??) There are only a few people who can do that."

My point was if you openly talk about a player, you're very close to signing him, or you don't really want him. I don't think we're after him reading that line. The whole sentence is past tense.

Eustace is a midfielder, doesn't play across the back four. Sounds more like Billy Jones.

Well that quote is from Cumbrian. He added the Eustace bit. You could read it as that or read it as somebody who covers across the back four - as in a defensive midifelder.

Think you need to tug one out....Moussi is a possibility and Riggott is a Derby fan

Well that quote is from Cumbrian. He added the Eustace bit. You could read it as that or read it as somebody who covers across the back four - as in a defensive midifelder.

Think you need to tug one out....Moussi is a possibility and Riggott is a Derby fan

Well if that quote is from Cumbrian I guess it's true then (no offence Cumbrian you know I love you really).

Moussi is not a possibility unless you believe what you read in the Daily Mirror.

Well if that quote is from Cumbrian I guess it's true then (no offence Cumbrian you know I love you really).

Moussi is not a possibility unless you believe what you read in the Daily Mirror.

Why don't you just stop and read that again. I was saying it wasn't me who suggested it could be Eustace. Depends how you interpret it. Obviously you're right and how you interpret it is right.

"The shape of the squad is coming on but, ideally, we are still two or three players short, maybe even four," said Clough.

"Shaun Barker is going to miss the start of the season as is Paul Green, so there are two experienced players we are without straight away.

"We are a bit light on defensive cover, which we are working on.

"An experienced midfielder is another, as is another option up front.

"We did chase somebody who would have covered us across the back four. There are only a few people who can do that and there are not too many of them around but we could do with some cover at full-back.

"John Brayford has been incredible to play every minute of every game, and we'd like to think he can do the same this season.

"Lee Croft played right-back in a practice match on Tuesday, and did well. He has come back in good shape, so don't rule anything out.

"It was good to get a number of new signings completed before the start of pre-season. The signings we have made are just part of the jigsaw and we are still a few pieces light."

http://www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/Midfield-player-priority-Clough/story-12897057-detail/story.html

Put all the excitement about the non-signing of Moussi and read it, Clough is talking about 2 players here. 1 being a defender and the other a midfielder, he goes on to talk about a defender that can cover across the back 4, not many of them around. I agree, the only one I can think of is Billy Jones who we were linked with a few weeks ago. He goes on to talk about Brayford, why? because Brayford did that job last season playing left back, centre back and right back when needed.

In no way shape or form can you suggest that Eustace was a player that could play across the back 4, obviously you can twist it that way to make it sound like we are after Moussi and that's fine go for it, I'm just not going to fall for it.

http://www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/Midfield-player-priority-Clough/story-12897057-detail/story.html

Put all the excitement about the non-signing of Moussi and read it, Clough is talking about 2 players here. 1 being a defender and the other a midfielder, he goes on to talk about a defender that can cover across the back 4, not many of them around. I agree, the only one I can think of is Billy Jones who we were linked with a few weeks ago. He goes on to talk about Brayford, why? because Brayfor did that job last season playing left back, centre back and right back when needed.

In no way shape or form can you suggest that Eustace was a player that could play across the back 4, obviously you can twist it that way to make it sound like we are after Moussi and that's fine go for it, I'm just not going to fall for it.

I was just quoting someone else. Not twisting anything. The only thing i suggested was it was in the past tense and Clough name dropping Eustace in the other interview was strange. Thought it was poor tekkers to talk about other players contracted to other clubs. That interview was aired 90 minutes ago and i can't find it anywhere. Not sure how you know the exact words used?

Not sure what interview you are talking about but the article I believe Cumbrian to have mis-read and dropped Eustace name into was the other day and I've linked to it.

Not arguing Cumbrians post, but there was an interview aired on radio Nottingham this morning, with McClaren saying that Moussi to Derby is a possibility.

I haven't heard it myself.

Are you sure you are not mistaking yesterdays interview with McClaren where he said as I mentioned earlier "we've got to make sure we don't lose Guy Moussi, especially to Derby". That may have been repeated this morning on Radio Nottingham.

If so that one is here: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14079249.stm

(about half way through he's asked about Earnshaw and Moussi)

Have a listen, probably the one you have been told about repeated this morning. It's like a game of chinese whispers......

"we've got to make sure we don't lose Guy Moussi, especially to Derby"

"we've got to make sure we don't lose Guy Moussi, especially to Derby"

"we've got to make sure we don't lose Guy Moussi, there's a possibility he could go to Derby"

"we've got to make sure we don't lose Guy Moussi, he could be off to Derby"

"Moussi is signing for Derby"

Archived