Ben Pringle - Joined Rotherham

Donny Ram

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Think it's definately a factor. Thinking he was a Big Time Charlie and refusing to play for Torquay

What a noob if thats the case- he was unbelievably lucky that Derby signed him from obscurity and he was only here five minutes and thinking he was special? Way to go Ben!

He thought it was beneath him? Didn't we sign him from Ilkeston Town?

I know it sounds strange but he thought he was a championship player, not a player that plays in the championship. It didn't help that he had a couple of good games and thought he was better than the rest of the players at Torquay!!

glad he is gone, the most useless player to play for derby while i have watched the club, even worse than eddie lewis and claude the clown davies

YR, how on earth do you manage to be so pessimistic about Derby? I dread to think what you were like in our Premier League season.

He's simply not worse than Malcolm, not worse than Robert, than Feilhaber, than Zadkovich, than Darren Powell, Macken...even Livermore!

Well, I have to say I am surprised at these revelations and my eyes have been opened. Ben, I would just like to say on behalf of Derby County, don't let the door hit your arse on the way out you jumped up little pr*ck.

Oh come on!!! These are not revelations, they come straight from the imaginations of people thinking of something to write, there are enough "I heard" merchants on here to half fill Torquay's stadium.

He came back to fight for his place, possibly because he saw other younger players like Jeff Hendrick being given a chance while he was away. The club probably just feel that he is not going to reach the standard they had hoped for, a worthwhile exercise for both parties but better for his career at his age that he moves on.

He was asked if he wanted to stay at Torquay and he said no he wanted to return and fight for his place - fair play to him, and yes he was 'one for the future' so why dump him ?

Indeed - and before anyone here starts abusing him (though too late for some of you) why don't you bother waiting for the facts to emerge.

It may well be that Clough told him he would be nowhere near the first team next year and would be sent out on loan and Pringle fancied his chances elsehwere. That doesn't make him a "jumped up little *****" as someone charmingly referred to him as.

Maybe he did have an attitude problem, and we have all seen this season that once you cross Nigel that's it.

But it might actually be helpful to find out what's gone on before slating him.

He was asked if he wanted to stay at Torquay and he said no he wanted to return and fight for his place - fair play to him, and yes he was 'one for the future' so why dump him ?

He didn't turn down an extra month. He cut short the month that had been agreed for him. Completely different thing.

He has been told he can leave 3 months after getting a contract extension. What else happened in that 3 months.

I never said he turned down an extra month ?

Well he was liked at Torquay

Derby midfielder Ben Pringle will return to Pride Park after prematurely ending his loan spell with npower League Two side Torquay.The 21-year-old has played in five games for the Gulls since arriving at Plainmoor on March 4 but will now return to his parent club to fight for a first-team place.Gulls boss Paul Buckle told BBC Radio Devon: "He wants to fight for his place (at Derby) and we can't stand in the way."That's the kid's prerogative. He's a smashing kid, he's made of the right stuff and has done very well for us."He wants to go back. I'm a great believer that once someone says 'no it's not for me', I call it a day straight away."

and Nigel was singing his praises when he was signing the extention to his contract

http://www.dcfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10270~2289746,00.html

Ben Pringle is far from a jumped up little *****, I have had the pleasure of speaking to him on several occasions from his time at Ilkeston to his time at Derby and he is really easy to talk to, had a lot of nice things to say about Ilkeston Town and just said what his time was like there and here, last time I spoke to him he did say that he did say he was finding the championship hard work, said when everyone is as fit as they're and physically strong, even the little players it's hard to get a foothold in the game.. I simply said just stick at it, maybe this was just a step to far for him. I could see him doing very well in league two though, players like Ben Pringle aren't in the game on natural ability, they've worked very hard to give themselves a fighting chance at a half decent footballing career... it's a shame it didn't work out, someone like him is a lot easier to support and like than someone who thinks he is too big for the club, or who is coasting on natural ability!

Being asked if he wanted to stay longer, suggests a further period of time. He cut short the month he was supposed to spend there.

I've not got against the lad and think he'll do well in div 2 and maybe eventually div 1. Just trying to suggest why NC may have had a change of heart.

YR, how on earth do you manage to be so pessimistic about Derby? I dread to think what you were like in our Premier League season.

He's simply not worse than Malcolm, not worse than Robert, than Feilhaber, than Zadkovich, than Darren Powell, Macken...even Livermore!

to me he is.

That's very unfair. Clearly you haven't been watching football for very long, as you readily admit, but even taking that into account you don't half talk some tripe

Worse than Claude Davis? Don't be silly!

11 years isn't exactly no time, for me yes he is but hey that is my opinion, i knew he would never make the step up as he simply wasn't good enough.

11 years isn't exactly no time, for me yes he is but hey that is my opinion, i knew he would never make the step up as he simply wasn't good enough.

Have you been doing that Man City/Lech Poznan celebration at games for 11 years by yourself?

oh yeah because he really made the step up didn't he, face it he was never going to be good enough for this league quite frankly all we have done is waste our time on a player who's destiny is in the lower leagues

I'm not denying that young ram, but we've had plenty of recent players who are even worse than that. Hendrie's found his niche. In the illegal Indonesian league...

Archived