Ben Pringle - Joined Rotherham

Donny Ram

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He was asked if he wanted to stay at Torquay and he said no he wanted to return and fight for his place - fair play to him, and yes he was 'one for the future' so why dump him ?

agreed and agreed

i suspect they are just giving him the opportunity to take up alternative offers?

agreed and agreed

i suspect they are just giving him the opportunity to take up alternative offers?

Think we're not bothered either way, like I am.

He's on peanuts for wages, no great loss if he's gone, and he's better than an academy player as last minute cover for injury.

Well, can I say that if the comments I was replying to are unfounded then I whole heartedly apologise, I did find them a little strange TBH. The way in which they were put forward as facts and common knowledge led me to believe that they were, erm.. facts and common knowledge. If not then I take it all back and I wish the pastey chancer all the luck in the world:)

agreed and agreed

As reported 4 days ago when starting the thread, this is a done deal, he's off to Yorkshire, it's just took the media 4 days to catch up:)

Ben's a decent guy, genuine pro to be honest, it would be good if those reporting their feelings about him actually were aware of the facts behind him moving on rather than insulting a young lad trying to find his way in the game.(not you RamNut by the way)

As reported 4 days ago when starting the thread, this is a done deal, he's off to Yorkshire, it's just took the media 4 days to catch up:)

Ben's a decent guy, genuine pro to be honest, it would be good if those reporting their feelings about him actually were aware of the facts behind him moving on rather than insulting a young lad trying to find his way in the game.(not you RamNut by the way)

well said

I did I apologise, honest- a bigger boy did it......

A good source has informed me that Ben will be on his way out of the club in the next 24 hrs, heading to Yorkshire!!

Very odd about Pringle.

He had a 1 year contract . That was extended to 2 then hes loaned to Torquay then comes back saying he wants to fight for his place at Derby, then hes told he can leave after 1 year after all possibly for free.

Is it me or does something not add up? has he fallen out with Clough?

I think that he is just surplus and Clough doesn't want to hold him back if he can make it elsewhere. Clough said in an interview that you can only make it so far (nowhere) buying from the lower leagues. Now he has been given the go ahead to get some more expensive players in it is time to move out the players who haven't quite made it and are unlikely to get a look in.

Archived