Ben Pringle - Joined Rotherham

Donny Ram

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ha ha, stranger things have happened on the first two points.

My nephew had Adam as his first team mentor until last week, he's just had his 2 year contract terminated (now looks like Leeds have snapped him up), I can honestly tell you that I don't think Adam is heading to Pride Park - this is straight from the horses mouth. I know some who want him to sign will speculate all sorts of garbage and say he's still signing, well Adam doesn't think so. (not aimed at you Edinburgh):)

Ha ha, stranger things have happened on the first two points.

My nephew had Adam as his first team mentor until last week, he's just had his 2 year contract terminated (now looks like Leeds have snapped him up), I can honestly tell you that I don't think Adam is heading to Pride Park - this is straight from the horses mouth. I know some who want him to sign will speculate all sorts of garbage and say he's still signing, well Adam doesn't think so. (not aimed at you Edinburgh):)

I realise he probably won't sign, and I don't think we are really after him but he's who I want so I'm just going to delude myself until the 1st September. As your in the know, perhaps you could drop a few hints in Adam's ear and then maybe Nigel's.

Ooohhhhhh Spill!!!

That's the equivalent of saying " have you heard about.........no I can't say"

I really need to check certain comments out with my sources before posting, I don't want the plug being pulled on this forum.

You can see from my posting history that I have very close links in to several Yorkshire clubs but only rely on high level relationships for feedback on what is going on at Derby. The comments come from two separate clubs and sources, both of whom will be on the FA club chairman's jaunt to Cyprus next week, so I have no reason to doubt the accuracy of the comments. Until I clear with them I cannot breach their trust for obvious reasons. I don't have contacts at a high level at PP so my information on Derby is based on information from other clubs.

I realise he probably won't sign, and I don't think we are really after him but he's who I want so I'm just going to delude myself until the 1st September. As your in the know, perhaps you could drop a few hints in Adam's ear and then maybe Nigel's.

I wish I had that level of influence:D

Well i have to wish Ben well, Championship may have been a bridge too far but am sure he'll cut it at League one and have a successful career there. I saw Ben plenty when watching Ilkeston in there promotional season and he was outstanding was so pleased for him when Derby came and snapped him up..... but as i said i think he found the championship just that too high a level for him....

I really need to check certain comments out with my sources before posting, I don't want the plug being pulled on this forum.

You can see from my posting history that I have very close links in to several Yorkshire clubs but only rely on high level relationships for feedback on what is going on at Derby. The comments come from two separate clubs and sources, both of whom will be on the FA club chairman's jaunt to Cyprus next week, so I have no reason to doubt the accuracy of the comments. Until I clear with them I cannot breach their trust for obvious reasons. I don't have contacts at a high level at PP so my information on Derby is based on information from other clubs.

Fair enough, surely you could say it's Good stuff, or Bad Stuff without details.

[sIZE=4]Pringle Makes Rotherham Move[/sIZE]

Derby County midfielder Ben Pringle has today joined npower League Two side Rotherham United.

Pringle has joined the Millers after two seasons at Pride Park.

He has completed a medical and finalised the move to Andy Scott's side, where he has signed a two year contract.

Pringle, a former West Bromwich Albion trainee, was signed in the summer of 2009 from non-league Ilkeston Town after some eye-catching performances for the non-league side.

He captained Derby's reserves to the totesport.com Central Division title in both seasons at the Club, and made a total of four starts and 16 appearances from the bench for the Rams at senior level.

Pringle already knows what to expect in League Two after a brief loan spell at Torquay United in March 2011, where he impressed in five outings for the Gulls before returning to Pride Park.

On the move, Derby boss Nigel Clough commented: "Ben is a great young lad and we all wish him well in the future.

"His chances here have been limited and it's important for him to go to a Club where he will have a chance to play first team football on a regular basis."

Ironically, Pringle's first Rams start came against Rotherham in the Carling Cup in August 2009.

http://www.dcfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10270~2369673,00.html?

ah, damn!

Can you say if it's good news on our part or not anyway? I'm intrigued, if its about the club going under do we get our season ticket money back?

Just info regarding some of the rumblings in the background that are going off at the moment, it depends on your perspective as to whether you think it's good or not. Had anyone else told me, other than the two sources it came from, I would have dismissed the information as unlikely. I haven't caught up yet with my sources and they will both be away in Cyprus next week, so it's unlikely that I will be relaying anything on the subject until I get chance to speak with them on their return.

Archived