16,200 Season Tickets Sold

Srg

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Rams fan Stuart Hughes added: "I renewed my season ticket – for me there was never a possibility of not renewing. My parents and I have held a season ticket since the 1975-76 season.

This guys family is jinxing us, this is why we haven't won the league since 1975!!!

Darlington - why build a new stadium!?

That makes me laugh how they've got a 25,000 seater stadium and due to some stupid council planning law they can only have 10,000 fans for football matches :p But they do use the stadium alot as a gig venue so thats how they bring in the profit.

Wasn't it 17,000 this time last year after the first announcement. I remember it being 17k at one point quite early before the season. Pretty confident predicting May last year.

800 down ain't bad if that's the case considering we finished 19th, horrible run and lost all 4 of our local derbies. Conceeded 5 at that Shitty Ground and was knocked out of the cups by Crewe and Crawley.

Wasn't it 17,000 this time last year after the first announcement. I remember it being 17k at one point quite early before the season. Pretty confident predicting May last year.

800 down ain't bad if that's the case considering we finished 19th, horrible run and lost all 4 of our local derbies. Conceeded 5 at that Shitty Ground and was knocked out of the cups by Crewe and Crawley.

That post couldn't be any more depressing...

... Can I attempt to brighten the mood by mentioning double dirty Leeds, John Brayford and Frankie Fielding.

Darlington had an old crook in charge called George Reynolds who had a ridiculas plan about the club getting Premiership football and the stadium was meant to be for that purpose.

The safety licence for the stadium only allows an maxiumum attendnace of 10k and the stadium almost bankrupted the club.

There has been recent talk about Darlington moving to a smaller stadium which is more in town and the right size for the club.

A round number like 16,200, they must think I was born yesterday.

I heard from a very very reliable source that we were selling up to a thousand tickets a day during early bird so im not at all suprised. I was going to post it and wished I had now but didnt think anyone would believe me

I heard from a very very reliable source that we were selling up to a thousand tickets a day during early bird so im not at all suprised. I was going to post it and wished I had now but didnt think anyone would believe me

hopefully that won't happen now as i haven't renewed yet, :( can't bare to think if i lose my seat.

I think 16,000 season tickets is a good haul before the end of May. There's still over 11 weeks until the new season kicks off after all and plenty can happen in that time, we could splash out £5m on players and see demand surge or vice versa. But I expect 16,000 is probably a figure that won't change too drastically, a thousand each way I'd say with this money back guarantee and judging by transfer activity so far.

Archived