New Technical Director of Football?

rsmini

For foreign signings. For free agents and players within the same FA it's as soon as the club plays it's last game. That's how come we signed three already.

OK, I was under the impression that it was because they were current loan players.

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it was a season of failure, at the start of the season it was supposed to be a top half finish and we finish 19th, with less points than last season and the worst points accumulation in the championship for a decade. We lost all 4 east midlands derbies and lost to crawley and crewe, frankly it was the most humiliating season i have had supporting derby. I am pretty convinced because he is useless in my eyes. Who did we get rid of for purely financial reasons last season? it was his squad and the target was a top 14 finish, which we failed miserably, he bought 1.2 million pounds worth of permanent players plus a reported 800k for bueno, so 2 million and for where we finished that is a lot of money.

it was a season of failure, at the start of the season it was supposed to be a top half finish and we finish 19th, with less points than last season and the worst points accumulation in the championship for a decade. We lost all 4 east midlands derbies and lost to crawley and crewe, frankly it was the most humiliating season i have had supporting derby. I am pretty convinced because he is useless in my eyes. Who did we get rid of for purely financial reasons last season? it was his squad and the target was a top 14 finish, which we failed miserably, he bought 1.2 million pounds worth of permanent players plus a reported 800k for bueno, so 2 million and for where we finished that is a lot of money.

It was a season to forget, but surely 2007/08 was the most humiliating you could possibly have?

• We sold Commons and Hulse, and didn't replace them - for financial reasons.
  • Since Clough has been here, the wage bill has gone from £18m to £8m
  • We've had minimal investment this season to get the wage bill down

In light of that, give me a list of managers that the board would pay the wages for (given that the wage bill has been hacked) that would improve the squad? And with the squad of players we have, where should we be in the league?

£800k of that money was spent on Bailey and Brayford, which already has, and definitely will do, prove good value for money. The jury is out on Ben Davies and I'm not prepared to say he's good or bad until I've seen more of him. They are players for the future.

The Crawley result was very poor but I don't think it defines a season. Apart from one good cup run a couple of years ago I can't recall 5 occasions we've gone beyond the 3rd round of the League Cup so I don't see that as important.

Basically, poor squad, poor season. Deal with it. It's certainly not a failure.

If it's 'the most humiliating season you have had supporting Derby', you're either only 2 years old or didn't support us when we were getting spanked every week in the Premiership and had more internal politics than the coalition.

Sshhh, you're not supposed to say how **** we are.

no because at least in 2007/08 we were losing against good sides.

We were the worst team in history. How is that not humiliating?

We had a poor season in the obscurity of the Championship, where the reality is, no one cares.

During 07/08, we were the butt of every single joke that anyone had if they possessed even a slight knowledge of football.

It is simply not possible to have a season worse than that.

• We sold Commons and Hulse, and didn't replace them - for financial reasons.
  • Since Clough has been here, the wage bill has gone from £18m to £8m
  • We've had minimal investment this season to get the wage bill down

In light of that, give me a list of managers that the board would pay the wages for (given that the wage bill has been hacked) that would improve the squad? And with the squad of players we have, where should we be in the league?

£800k of that money was spent on Bailey and Brayford, which already has, and definitely will do, prove good value for money. The jury is out on Ben Davies and I'm not prepared to say he's good or bad until I've seen more of him. They are players for the future.

The Crawley result was very poor but I don't think it defines a season. Apart from one good cup run a couple of years ago I can't recall 5 occasions we've gone beyond the 3rd round of the League Cup so I don't see that as important.

Basically, poor squad, poor season. Deal with it. It's certainly not a failure.

If it's 'the most humiliating season you have had supporting Derby', you're either only 2 years old or didn't support us when we were getting spanked every week in the Premiership and had more internal politics than the coalition.

the second point is invalid as it doesn't cover this season, it is worrying if two players make a team, if the squad was so poor then why was glick and nigel targeting a top 10 finish? minimal investment, was 2 million pounds minimal investment plus numerous other loans. It was the most humiliating in the fact that fans were divided, the players didn't care, we were poor for the majority of the season, we were getting beaten by very poor teams, i have been going for 11 years and last season was the most disillusioned with the club that i have ever felt. Commons and hulse should have been replaced in some form and i believe commons was in ben davies for nigel but he hasn't cut the mustard.

We were the worst team in history. How is that not humiliating?

We had a poor season in the obscurity of the Championship, where the reality is, no one cares.

During 07/08, we were the butt of every single joke that anyone had if they possessed even a slight knowledge of football.

It is simply not possible to have a season worse than that.

but as fans we were united, unlike this season where there has been fallings out within the fans, not as bad with Jewell though when we were openly chanting against our own fans. We were losing but against top class sides and like i say we were united unlike this season.

the second point is invalid as it doesn't cover this season, it is worrying if two players make a team, if the squad was so poor then why was glick and nigel targeting a top 10 finish? minimal investment, was 2 million pounds minimal investment plus numerous other loans. It was the most humiliating in the fact that fans were divided, the players didn't care, we were poor for the majority of the season, we were getting beaten by very poor teams, i have been going for 11 years and last season was the most disillusioned with the club that i have ever felt. Commons and hulse should have been replaced in some form and i believe commons was in ben davies for nigel but he hasn't cut the mustard.

No one targetted a top 10 finish - when we were 4th, even Metgod said there was no chance we'd be up there by the end of the season!!

You've obviously got it in for Clough, let's just see how he does eh?

but as fans we were united, unlike this season where there has been fallings out within the fans, not as bad with Jewell though when we were openly chanting against our own fans. We were losing but against top class sides and like i say we were united unlike this season.

We've biccered on message boards, but when exactly have our fans been falling out?

And oh right, we had a good season in 07/08 because we lost to top quality sides. That West Ham reserve team that trashed us 5-1 was brimming with talent wasn't it.

I'm sorry, but the record books of English football will probably always be scattered with those records we broke in the 07/08 season, I don't see how you could argue this season was more humiliating!

no and i didn't say it was successful but for me less humiliating, well the fans are divided on what to do at the club aren't they?

Yes, on message boards, but there's not some great massive divide between the fans. All that's happened is a few hundred people got a tad lary at the board for a couple of home games.

sorry but clough and glick certainly targeted improvement and a top half finish which we were nowhere near, if going backwards is good for you then your logic is so broken then i can't help you.

What has this got to do with a Technical Director? C

I thought you had your own thread for repeating the same old anti-NC stuff.

sorry but clough and glick certainly targeted improvement and a top half finish which we were nowhere near, if going backwards is good for you then your logic is so broken then i can't help you.

Don't take this personally mate but given your lack of accurate information on the club you support I'm not sure you can help anyone.

Archived