Chris Riggott

claxco

I think good news, although some people will have their opinion his injurys which is obviously a worry. It brings a bit of romance to the place, much like Seth coming back. I know he'll be brought in to be a bit part player but I believe he does have enough in his locker to get himself to a good level of fitness to break through and make an impact on the first team.

It is a gamble which could go either way for me, he could turn out to be brilliant or he could turn out to be what most expect him to be, let's just hope he turns out to be a gem, i'll be cheering him anyway!

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Average player, too many injuries over the last few years, not worth the gamble in my opinion

Got to agree with Mr Swiss.

30 years old and played 10 games since 2008. Thanks but no thanks. If he signed he'd play for 5 minutes, get injured then the fans will rollocking Clough for signing another crock.

It's all a bit too sentimental, this. He's a crock and I wouldn't go near him if I was Clough. We've got enough players that can't stay fit as it is.

I agree with these

No one took in by the romance of it all then? It echos exactly what was said about Seth Johnson before he signed, just hope he has the similar success in his second spell, I obviously have my doubts but in a game that's losing a lot of feeling due to the high demand of success and spending money, bringing back the long life local boy to reinvent himself after leaving derby 8 years ago went onto play over 100 premiership games and play in europe comes back, gets himself fit and plays his twilight years in the uprising of Derby County?

no, well at least he will be a cheap back-up option with experience.

in terms of playing time, if he's played ten games in three years, how's he gonna play 46 in the next nine months?

but if he only gets paid when he plays, with no basic, then ok. But I can't see him agreeing to that, can you?

Presume he'll want a couple of grand a week basic, which would be better put to use in a new star striker's wage packet

I heard that Derby were sending him to USA for treatment on his back injury and paying for the operation they believe it will be sucessful and if so Riggot will sign a medium term contract. He is not allowed to talk to other clubs as Derby have first refusal and are paying for his treatment this info was from a fairly reliable source but a few weeks old. So...

I heard that Derby were sending him to USA for treatment on his back injury and paying for the operation they believe it will be sucessful and if so Riggot will sign a medium term contract. He is not allowed to talk to other clubs as Derby have first refusal and are paying for his treatment this info was from a fairly reliable source but a few weeks old. So...

So...I'm shaking my head

He told me Derby paid for half the treatment but on the basis that if he gets fit he will sign if they still want him to

He's worth signing IMO, even if he's only fit for 10-20 games in a season he's worth having in the squad on a 'pay-as-you-play' deal, good to have in the dressing room as well with him being a Rams fan.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived