Chris Riggott

claxco

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think this would be a good deal for us if he comes on pay as you play type deal then we are not taking a risk financially. In the dressing room he would be a great asset, he is a Derby fan and he would be banging on to the other players and getting them hyped for games.

Lets see if they can cure the problem, always liked the lad

Would people be willing to give Riggott a chance if he weren't a fan of Derby and also from Derby?

I don't think we should risk signing him, let someone else take a gamble on him, its alright saying he should play on a pay-as-you-play deal but if he suffers another crippling injury its our club thats got to pay all the medical expenses, etc for however long he is contracted for.

I'd rather us try and get someone in who would be a great benefit to the team, rather than filling up the numbers because he's a past player and local lad

I might start next years "Riggot will sign" thread.

This one is fairly accurate, I fairly sure emjlc02 is close to Riggot and the rumours are strong about his back injuries, he was certainly training with us. I hope we sign him, not because I think he'll make a massive impact and be an amazing signing from nothing but because he is an experienced pro who would be good back up, if leacock was to go(seems likely) would you want us paying out for another back up defender now we have Shackell, certainly not. I think Riggot, Buxton and Anderson are the type of players you need as back up, Anderson is intelligent defender, Riggot has the biggest potential (despite injury record) and Buxton would run through the middle of a battlefield to do well for the club.

Not to mention the uprising of the young star in O'Brien! I think it would make sense if we signed him, he wouldn't want big wages.. well he would but wouldn't be able to command then, he would come in and know his place from day 1, and he'd work hard for the team.

I'd be happy with this signing, if he was brought in to go straight into the first team on a big wage, I'd be cautious but because he isn't, he fits the bill perfectly IMO.

Would people be willing to give Riggott a chance if he weren't a fan of Derby and also from Derby?

I don't think we should risk signing him, let someone else take a gamble on him, its alright saying he should play on a pay-as-you-play deal but if he suffers another crippling injury its our club thats got to pay all the medical expenses, etc for however long he is contracted for.

I'd rather us try and get someone in who would be a great benefit to the team, rather than filling up the numbers because he's a past player and local lad

I agree, no room for sentiment.

Sign him up. Room for sentiment at DCFC if you ask me. The rose tinted glasses aren't coming off as far as Riggott is concerned. Bring him back, get him fit, get him playing.

Worth the gamble imo...he'll be on the back of my shirt if it gets announced officially. Derby fan, Derby player.

Sign him up. Room for sentiment at DCFC if you ask me. The rose tinted glasses aren't coming off as far as Riggott is concerned. Bring him back, get him fit, get him playing.

Worth the gamble imo...he'll be on the back of my shirt if it gets announced officially. Derby fan, Derby player.

Its not a matter of getting him fit, he is f***ed, do you know the difference ?.

Its not a matter of getting him fit, he is f***ed, do you know the difference ?.

You never know though, and that's up to the medical staff to decide, or has your Psychic medical licence finally arrived in the mail?

Since our medical staff have OK'ed it to apparently give the go ahead for us to pay for his operation, and the surgeon has apparently found the reasons to his injury.... i would say he's not ******.

"he is ******", is that fact or fiction? Do you know the difference?

You never know though, and that's up to the medical staff to decide, or has your Psychic medical licence finally arrived in the mail?

Since our medical staff have OK'ed it to apparently give the go ahead for us to pay for his operation, and the surgeon has apparently found the reasons to his injury.... i would say he's not ******.

"he is ******", is that fact or fiction? Do you know the difference?

Ask`em at Middesbro, and Cardiff mate, glass legs, he is done.

Archived