Why I've been quiet...

Bristol Ram

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't buy into all this "it was such a good place before all you bar stools came and ruined it. I can't even bring myself to type anymore."

It's a football forum aint it? Not friends reunited.

Not everyone who came over from the DET has damaged the forum, because not everyone on the DET were tossheads. There were just a minority that use to lower the tone.

There has recently been a noticeable pattern of new folk signing up and posting new threads on similar topics, usually revolving around the cause / effect of Derby's poor run of form, leading to arguments and creating a more negative vibe on the forum.

I got nothing personal against those guys who do that, but it does dampen spirits a little when most the discussions revolve around downbeat DCFC topics. In that respect the current atmosphere is becoming closer to the DET.

On the friends reunited comment - surely, regardless of what the forum subject matter, it's still a place for social interaction? No different from a pub in that respect, and I certainly wouldn't visit a pub were all the locals are constantly miserable, banging on about how crap life is!

For the record, I still think it's a long way off hitting DET lows, but regardless I've still noticed a change...

Not everyone who came over from the DET has damaged the forum, because not everyone on the DET were tossheads. There were just a minority that use to lower the tone.

There has recently been a noticeable pattern of new folk signing up and posting new threads on similar topics, usually revolving around the cause / effect of Derby's poor run of form, leading to arguments and creating a more negative vibe on the forum.

I got nothing personal against those guys who do that, but it does dampen spirits a little when most the discussions revolve around downbeat DCFC topics. In that respect the current atmosphere is becoming closer to the DET.

On the friends reunited comment - surely, regardless of what the forum subject matter, it's still a place for social interaction? No different from a pub in that respect, and I certainly wouldn't visit a pub were all the locals are constantly miserable, banging on about how crap life is!

For the record, I still think it's a long way off hitting DET lows, but regardless I've still noticed a change...

I gotta agree with this ramshankered, although I can see where Dave is coming from.

Dangerous you need to be careful walking through doors with that attitude ;) but seriously I enjoy reading your posts as sometimes it is difficult to know whether or not you are being serious, it is great seeing people's response. :D

;)

From what I heard you knew him better than anyone Boycie :p;)

I assume you are referring to Alex and I in a Gay way? He may have had a man crush on me I don't know?

Anyway,

I would be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed to hear that Alex had posted before his 2 week cooling off period. I was the one who put Alex's name forward as a mod and took it to heart when we had to tell him we no longer needed him.

The same with YR, Daveo and I had numerous telephone conversations regarding both bannings. It wasn't something we did lightly.

I hope Alex may return in the close season when his ban is lifted, he says he wont be and that is fair enough.

Daveo is only human, believe it or not, he does exist even though no human has ever seen him in the flesh. He loves Derby County and the area that he grew up in. All he wants is a nice friendly forum for everybody to use. He has invested a lot of money into this forum and has just invested more in upgrading to a better format.

If the forum was to descend into what happened to the DET, then he'll suddenly wake up one morning and think "do I need the hassle?"

So, to sum up.

I'm not Gay, I'm not sure about Alex though.

I'm only human.

We're not sure if Daveo is.

Behave or the forum will vanish as fast as the attendances at the City Ground when they lose at home again.

I assume you are referring to Alex and I in a Gay way? He may have had a man crush on me I don't know?

Anyway,

I would be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed to hear that Alex had posted before his 2 week cooling off period. I was the one who put Alex's name forward as a mod and took it to heart when we had to tell him we no longer needed him.

The same with YR, Daveo and I had numerous telephone conversations regarding both bannings. It wasn't something we did lightly.

I hope Alex may return in the close season when his ban is lifted, he says he wont be and that is fair enough.

Daveo is only human, believe it or not, he does exist even though no human has ever seen him in the flesh. He loves Derby County and the area that he grew up in. All he wants is a nice friendly forum for everybody to use. He has invested a lot of money into this forum and has just invested more in upgrading to a better format.

If the forum was to descend into what happened to the DET, then he'll suddenly wake up one morning and think "do I need the hassle?"

So, to sum up.

I'm only human.

Behave or the forum will vanish as fast as the attendances at the City Ground when they lose at home again.

*sniff* beautiful post Boycie *sniff*

I know, trying some light humour :redface:

Anyway,

So, to sum up.

I'm only human.

Soooooo gay.

gotta agree with vicky, dan etc

maybe it just takes a while to adjust to the stlye of the posts from the det posters?

personaly i think everyone who gets a yellow card should go into a BAD BOYS room, they should only be allowed to post in there, i will gladly run it as i have more experience with yellow cards than most ,

and to all of you tools who dont agree with me, i will ban you!:D

• 2 months later...

daveo should hold meetings with various members to discuss the way forward.

dcfcfans - The Way Forward.

AGENDA

1. Jaffa cakes and custard creams (not necessarily in that order)

2. Discuss the mods overall contribution over the last season with a breakdown of the Key Performance Indicators, including evidence of "what good looks like", and examples of where they (the mods), have used and interpreted Lean Six Sigma to at least Green belt level.

3. Each mod to do a five minute presentation (in a Powerpoint format), with a quick synopsis on Yellow cards, red cards, permanent bannings of members and extra-judicial deletings of ribald and defamatory posts. Include any learnings and extrapolate synergies to enhance future performance, sharing best practice as a given.

4. Group hug followed by a rousing chorus of "You don't know what you're doin'".

5. Any Other Business

I would be willing to facilitate the days proceedings for £750 per day plus expenses.

Archived