Why I've been quiet...

Bristol Ram

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Exactly, I ised to be on here pretty much every day posting frequently. Since the DET shut and they emigrated here, the feel of the place has unfortunately changed.

Things haven't changed for the better unfortunately.

But there are some good contributors on here. Though unfortunately some of the DET's former lowlifes have poisoned 'Rams Talk' with negativity and rash, emotional posts.

I've not been on as much largely because this is my dissertation year. And also because on Saturday evenings before the DET closure the forum didn't need much monitoring. Now it needs people who are capable of manning it on a Saturday night. I want to drink beer and get a kebab instead.

I still enjoy the forum a lot though and when the massive influx of new members know the meaning of forum rules it will be a better place. At least there are moderators here (unlike some other forums) and we let anyone in rather than having a kind of quality control entry criteria. :rolleyes:

I really like this forum, DET was also good but you are bound to get negative people on every forum.

TBH I thought Alex W, was the best poster on this forum, I agreed with a lot of things he said.

Shame he couldn't wait 4 days then.

I wouldn't agree he was the best poster on here, mind you, I probably don't know him like you do.

I really like this forum, DET was also good but you are bound to get negative people on every forum.

TBH I thought Alex W, was the best poster on this forum, I agreed with a lot of things he said.

:confused: Alex the best poster? Even though I am his friend away from here, he sometimes needed to be less positive and when we were rubbish, like the day he got banned, admit it.

:confused: Alex the best poster? Even though I am his friend away from here, he sometimes needed to be less positive and when we were rubbish, like the day he got banned, admit it.

Morning campers,

just a quick qt for rynny - how can someone be less positive? Some people, like me and Alex too, have a natural optimism which can't be changed.

Does this put us in the blind faithers catergory then?

FWIW I enjoyed reading Alex's posts and YR's for that matter. Didn't always agree but most of the time appreciated their contribution anyway.

Morning campers,

just a quick qt for rynny - how can someone be less positive? Some people, like me and Alex too, have a natural optimism which can't be changed.

Does this put us in the blind faithers catergory then?

FWIW I enjoyed reading Alex's posts and YR's for that matter. Didn't always agree but most of the time appreciated their contribution anyway.

I didn't think it made sense as I was writing it :redface: what I meant was a bit more realism to his posts, at times. I know he is positive and I am also, but it seemed like if someone said we were doing rubbish he would engage in an argument with them, even though we had been rubbish, as he saw it as an attack on the club and trying start a revolution against the club :D

Hope that explains it better. And from the posts I have read of yours I wouldn't say you are a 'blindfaither' as a blindfaither is someone who thinks everything the club has done has been 100% right, and will try and defend decisions that do not make sense (which I don't think have been too many) and I don't believe that you are 1 of those people. Alex was bordering on that line ;)

I am his friend outside of here, and everything I have said about him, I would say to his face, in fact i will tell him Sunday morning if he doesn't have a 'migrain' and misses football :p

I didn't think it made sense as I was writing it :redface: what I meant was a bit more realism to his posts, at times. I know he is positive and I am also, but it seemed like if someone said we were doing rubbish he would engage in an argument with them, even though we had been rubbish, as he saw it as an attack on the club and trying start a revolution against the club :D

Hope that explains it better. And from the posts I have read of yours I wouldn't say you are a 'blindfaither' as a blindfaither is someone who thinks everything the club has done has been 100% right, and will try and defend decisions that do not make sense (which I don't think have been too many) and I don't believe that you are 1 of those people. Alex was bordering on that line ;)

I am his friend outside of here, and everything I have said about him, I would say to his face, in fact i will tell him Sunday morning if he doesn't have a 'migrain' and misses football :p

Fair do's rynny, can't argue with that. :)

And tell Alex to crack on with that book of his!

Will be sad if Alex decides not to come back. Maybe he got too involved in his arguments but mostly he could back them up.

I really appreciated him on DET as he was always polite to B4 and talked to him seriously, rather than just take the mick out of him which is what a lot did. I felt it showed a lot of sensitivity - not always apparent in young men.

Archived