Why I've been quiet...

Bristol Ram

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
dcfccovdave (davecov) sorry can't remember which way round, was asking about the matchlive and he came on and mentioned his website, he was only trying to be helpful but broke the cooling off period condition.

As for him not coming back on here, he never said anything about it on Sunday.

So, in a nutshell...

Alex gets an arguably harsh temporary ban, he infringes this short-term ban only in order to inform a member of something (Match Day Live, his website or whatever) and then gets his ban extended to three months?

Seems rather irrational.

I don't think he is coming back as of yet. I wouldn't particularly want to.

So, in a nutshell...

Alex gets an arguably harsh temporary ban, he infringes this short-term ban only in order to inform a member of something (Match Day Live, his website or whatever) and then gets his ban extended to three months?

Seems rather irrational.

For what he said wasn't that harsh as he had been warned already. He was trying to be helpful but he shouldn't have been on the site, that part is a bit harsh but he did what he was told not to do.

So, in a nutshell...

Seems rather irrational.

Personally I always found Alex quite reasonable.

Although I've only just signed up to the board, I was a long time 'silent observer' on the DET for a good few years and switched over here once that shut down.

I never felt compelled to join the DET because of the altogether negative atmosphere that often led to malicious exchanges. This forum was a breath of fresh air in comparison - light hearted banter & informed debate going hand in hand.

However, recently the forum has been ebbing into the DET template of conduct, seemingly as a result of the influx of new members signing up to have a good moan at all the negativity surrounding the club at present.

While I appreciate that Alex was infuriatingly positive on occasions, from the perspective of someone detached from the drama of his ban it did appear as if he was goaded into his reaction. He was seemingly always on the defence against someone who couldn't wait to have a dig at a "blind faither".

Just m'two cents!

I used to spend alot of time on here & used to post on a daily basis unfortunately since the closure of the det this has become a very negative forum with every thread in the rams talk section ending up in personal insults, a get nige out or a get the board out debate and all the threads just seem to go round in circles with the same people having the same arguments over & over again. I still occasionaly post in off topic, entertainment & transfers as they aren't so bad

Exactly, I ised to be on here pretty much every day posting frequently. Since the DET shut and they emigrated here, the feel of the place has unfortunately changed.

Exactly, I ised to be on here pretty much every day posting frequently. Since the DET shut and they emigrated here, the feel of the place has unfortunately changed.

Feck me....not so civil war in a minute.

Get over yaselves. You only had 3 or 4 members before the DET shut for a reason you know. :D

I emigrated over, saw how posts were relaxed and had a bit of sarcasm and humour and thought this was the place for me. I think it is more the people that have signed up in the past month or 2 (not all) and the original influx like dav brizzle utch etc tried to keep with that feeling to (as it was their style to post in anyway)

This a bit unfair on Daveo since it is his forum and Boycie and other mods who help run it.

Youngram was annoying to me and it seemed like he tryed to hard to be smart.

The posters are negative because when they are on here it is kind of like a negative atmospere unless your on the 'off topic' or 'entertainment' area, where as the rest are about Derby who are being poor at the moment.

When anyone gets banned you get mad, like Alex or footymadme but its the mods who could get in trouble and then have to deal with us after it.

Ban Boycie though and there will be trouble :p JOKES [sIZE=1]Boycie make this forum smell funny[/sIZE]

Archived