Paul Hayes - Preston North End

davenportram

Clough said:

"If they are not in a Championship 18, are they better than Steve Davies, Chris Porter, Alberto Bueno or Tomasz Cywka? That is the dilemma.

and then he have signed two crap players who are not in a 18 at the two shittest clubs in a league.

Looks like Clough is a muppet.

Are they better??? I dont know Clough thinks they are lets wait and see, oh hang on fook it CLOUGH OUT!!!!

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Clough said:

"If they are not in a Championship 18, are they better than Steve Davies, Chris Porter, Alberto Bueno or Tomasz Cywka? That is the dilemma.

and then he have signed two crap players who are not in a 18 at the two shittest clubs in a league.

Looks like Clough is a muppet.

very good players can play for very bad clubs. look at West Ham struggling in the premier league, does that automatically mean that Scott Parker isn't good enough for a decent premier league team?

Sometimes things just don't work out for people at clubs, look at Paul Jewell here. Not saying there going to be amazing, but just give them a chance for goodness sake

very good players can play for very bad clubs. look at West Ham struggling in the premier league, does that automatically mean that Scott Parker isn't good enough for a decent premier league team?

Sometimes things just don't work out for people at clubs, look at Paul Jewell here. Not saying there going to be amazing, but just give them a chance for goodness sake

Don't be so unreasonable :p

Why do people slate players before they have even joined the club? How do people come up with the conclusion that certain players won't be able to do the job for us before they have even spoke to our manager.

We of all teams should know that some players simply can't perform for some clubs, yet they go elsewhere and become a key figure for their next clubs.

Look at Luke Varney, looked out of it when playing for us, for the past year or so it's looked obvious he's not got a future at this club yet he's playing week in week out for Blackpool in the Premiership.

Our old target Gary Hooper was the same, scored 2 goals in 30+ games for Southend, yet he goes on to Ssausagehorpe, bags aload of goals and moves for over 2 million to Celtic where he's scoring for fun.

FGS, not more crap, a PNE reject. Is it asking too much to get someone with a CCC pedigree.

How much will we lose in money, season tickets etc, if we go down?

Emergency loans are precisely that, a f***in EMERGENCY. Spend some money and get us out of this bloody mess!!!!!!

emergency options are the only option at the moment, you should have had this rant early in february not now

Exactly, the only thing we can do until June is loan players, and whats to say many players are available for loan? For all we know Ward and Hayes are the best two players who are willing to join our club

We can't moan about who comes in on loan, because we were crying out for something like this to happen during the transfer window and it didn't happen.

I really hope Hayes proves all the doubters wrong, I'm sick of reading tripe that people put when they have no idea how the player will become!

I remember when the club bought Steve Howard for £1million and people got on his back for not scoring in his first 5 or 6 games, then he turned out to be a fan favourite and have one of his best seasons in football.

GIVE THEM A CHANCE!

Exactly, the only thing we can do until June is loan players, and whats to say many players are available for loan? For all we know Ward and Hayes are the best two players who are willing to join our club

We can't moan about who comes in on loan, because we were crying out for something like this to happen during the transfer window and it didn't happen.

I really hope Hayes proves all the doubters wrong, I'm sick of reading tripe that people put when they have no idea how the player will become!

I remember when the club bought Steve Howard for £1million and people got on his back for not scoring in his first 5 or 6 games, then he turned out to be a fan favourite and have one of his best seasons in football.

GIVE THEM A CHANCE!

It seems the more a player is slated prior to his move here, the better he is for us though..

Kuqi, Dickov..etc

I say slate away..

He'll be *****, not score in any of the games left and find himself not worthy of a contract at crawley town come the end of the season.

it's what you get for loaning bottom of the league rubbish..etc

;)

GIVE THEM A CHANCE!

We can bloody well moan all we want! Nige and Glick rattling on about better value / quality available on loan and then Nige saying that if they can't get in the top 18 in a Champs club then likely no better than we have. So who do they go out and (try to) loan in, 3 feckers who can't get in their own team, two of whom are festering lower (for now) than us in the Champs!

You can't make this up they wouldn't believe you!

does that automatically mean that Scott Parker isn't good enough for a decent premier league team?

First of all Scott Parker is good enough for his current club and West Ham will never let him go out on loan.

I have no problem with "GIVE THEM A CHANCE!" stuff but who will score goals?

I was waiting for a goalscorer but we still have no one.

Porter - Poor and crocked player. Seems like Nigel doesn't want him anymore.

Bueno and Cywka aren't strikers. And won't be in the starting 11 after new players arrive.

Ward - pacey striker/winger. Hardly prolific at this level. Another sick note.

Hayes - a deep lying intelegent, creative striker not finisher.

Davies - i like him but he is only fit for 2-3 games in a row.

**** it! give Callum Ball a chance :D

It seems the more a player is slated prior to his move here, the better he is for us though..

Kuqi, Dickov..etc

I say slate away..

He'll be *****, not score in any of the games left and find himself not worthy of a contract at crawley town come the end of the season.

it's what you get for loaning bottom of the league rubbish..etc

;)

Dont forget ambitious we are a bottom half championship club at the min and can only attract ( average ) players I'm gonna giv them a chance though no matter what

We need to stop thinking that we are a BIG club, were not anymore, 1970-1976 Yes we were feared, now we are laughed at (Crawley etc) But we have been down and bounced back before and we will again,

So as for average players coming to this club - I think we are lucky that some think they can revive their carriers here and not do what the BIG money signings who rip us do (turn up, take the money give 50% at best)

So give these loanees a chance, Turn up in your thousands and support Derby County FGS.

Rant over ;)

Spot on, we are an average club, we are a mid-table Championship club, in the past 10 years or so we have finished in the playoffs twice, everything else tends to be the bottom half of the table.

I hate reading people going on about we have a good fanbase yet we should be a big club. I think it's more along the lines of our fans are great in wanting to turn up every week instead of only turning up when the teams doing well. Derby is all about football, and we have 1 team, so its going to be supported by people in the city and all over the county so we are always going to have a good support.

I see us to be similar to Norwich, always get above a certain number attendane wise no matter what but it doesn't mean we belong in the Premiership and it doesn't put us in a group of 'feared' clubs

PNE Fan here on Paul Hayes

Hi there guys,

PNE fan in peace.

With Hayes being linked to your club on loan until the end of the season I thought I'd give you an insight.

He is a fantastic player who, I feel, on his day is one of the best front men in the Championship; the amount of goals that he makes in a season is second to none when given a good run in the side. The reason for it not working out for him at our club so far is due to personal problems. His family still lived in Ssausagehorpe and he wasn't settled.

Against Blackburn Rovers in pre-season he ran riot, bagging two and would have had a hatrick if he had taken the penalty.

Anyway, I've written a small article on the move that you might be interested in.

http://pnefc-online.co.uk/transfers/paul-hayes-linked-loan-move-derby/

Paul Hayes Linked With Loan Move To Derby Article

Feel free to ask questions underneath the article and some PNE fans will no doubt get back to you.

Good luck at the weekend against Hayes' old club Ssausagehorpe guys, please do us a huge favour and beat them :)

Cheers.

We are a BIG Club and we should be in the Premiership!!

Disagree.

But we also have to earn that right and we will be back where we belong one day

Agree. Regardless of our club stature, we're a team that will always be on the cusp of the Premiership, so another "Jim Smith era" can't be far off.

Archived