Jamie Ward

Whoneedshuls

Turns out he turned down an offer of more wages last week, must be doing something right at the club.

From Colin Bloomfield twitter

Just interviewed Ward+Fielding. Ward turned down more money from Hull last Thurs to sign for Rams. He's also very critical of Micky Adams.

TweetDeck • 11/05/2011 14:03

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So glad we have signed Ward, Great little consistent player with pace, aggression and a very good shot and also he never stops trying.

Great buy!

I can't wait to see a team of

Fielding

Brayford

Barker

Cywka

Bailey

Addison/Eustace

Ward

Waghorn?

Vaughan?

Nigel Clough is NOT the problem with DCFC. Players (of all levels) are happy to play for him.

He has not been in a position to offer big wages to players so has lost out on a few. Thats the way we are run atm. Glick makes it clear in every interview he does that we will not spend daft money on players, whether its fees or wages.

Unless a sugar daddy takes us over this is how it will be. It means that we are very, very lucky that Nigel Clough is well respected amongst his fellow professionals and can attract players where other managers could'nt without offering big money.

Nigel Clough is NOT the problem with DCFC. Players (of all levels) are happy to play for him.

He has not been in a position to offer big wages to players so has lost out on a few. Thats the way we are run atm. Glick makes it clear in every interview he does that we will not spend daft money on players, whether its fees or wages.

Unless a sugar daddy takes us over this is how it will be. It means that we are very, very lucky that Nigel Clough is well respected amongst his fellow professionals and can attract players where other managers could'nt without offering big money.

We have the right people at the helm IMO, in the past I would of liked them to put more into the team, I would be lying if I said otherwise but at the minute, they're looking like the investors they said they would be, run things correctly and put us in a good position, we've got a lot of very good young players on our books, when is the last time we could boast that? I always feel with a sugar daddy that you could be at risk of players joining for the wage, look at leicester they're set to spend big and I don't think they'll be any better off for it, once Yakubu gets his 40k a week wage, for the next 3 years he'll lounge about collecting, we don't need that in the team.

Derby County striker Jamie Ward says his move to Pride Park has helped him "fall back in love with football".

The 25-year-old endured a miserable time at Sheffield United, falling out with then manager Micky Adams, before joining the Rams on loan in February.

Ward, who has signed a two-year deal at the Rams, told BBC Radio Derby: "Once Micky Adams said he didn't want me I kind of fell out of love with football.

"It gets you down but I came here and got that back."

The former Chesterfield forward scored five goals in 13 goals and played a key role in helping the club avoid relegation from the Championship.

"I'd like to say I had a successful time this year. It was about getting the fans and manager behind me here.

"I wasn't 100% fit when I came but hopefully I've done enough to win the fans over."

Ward attracted interest from Hull City before signing for the Rams last week.

He said he was eager to show some loyalty to Rams boss Nigel Clough for rescuing him from training with the youth team at Bramall Lane.

"We had another club come in [Hull] but I felt I had to repay the manager for the faith he has shown in bringing me here," Ward said.

"They put a better financial deal on the table but I felt I had to repay the faith the gaffer showed in getting me out of Sheffield United."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/13433771.stm

Archived