Jamie Ward

Whoneedshuls

To be fair to Glick, he's not exactly in a great bargaining position is he?

"Yes, we'd like to offer you these magic beans and our best wishes for your player......What? That's not enough? Well let's have a look at what else I've got here.....erm, nothing. Oh, sorry for wasting your time......" :rolleyes:

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got told today by a very reliable source, my hairdresser in Sheffield, the story of why Jamie Ward left Sheff Utd....

Apparently, I'll try and keep this short, Jamie and his other half have recently had a new born child, Jamie was late arriving for training one day due to the new born being awake all night. Mikey Adams went barmy and went on one about 1st team players not being late etc etc. Adams demanded Ward ran round the training ground 3 times before allowing Jamie to join up with the other players in the 1st team. Jamie basically told Adams to Fish off and paternity was mentioned, Adams lost the plot at the paternity comment and told Ward he would never play for Sheff Utd while he was in charge.

How true this is I’m not sure.

Got told today by a very reliable source, my hairdresser in Sheffield, the story of why Jamie Ward left Sheff Utd....

Apparently, I'll try and keep this short, Jamie and his other half have recently had a new born child, Jamie was late arriving for training one day due to the new born being awake all night. Mikey Adams went barmy and went on one about 1st team players not being late etc etc. Adams demanded Ward ran round the training ground 3 times before allowing Jamie to join up with the other players in the 1st team. Jamie basically told Adams to Fish off and paternity was mentioned, Adams lost the plot at the paternity comment and told Ward he would never play for Sheff Utd while he was in charge.

How true this is I’m not sure.

This sounds true as I know that ward has had his first child this week

• 2 weeks later...

Thought Ward was shocking today against Barnsley, he offered nothing up front and missed an open goal, really don't hope we get him on permanent in the summer, would be a total waste of money. I would definitely prefer Robinson if it is between one or the other

Thought Ward was shocking today against Barnsley, he offered nothing up front and missed an open goal, really don't hope we get him on permanent in the summer, would be a total waste of money. I would definitely prefer Robinson if it is between one or the other

He can't do much when the team is playing the ball in the air and he's 5 foot tall.

He can't do much when the team is playing the ball in the air and he's 5 foot tall.

Fair point, but he had a couple if breaks which he messed up and screwed up our best chance of the game. I also don't think him and Robinson work together well, would have preferred Steven Davis with either of them

Very poor combination up front, theyre both runners who need a proper target man.

Ironic Clough plays Porter on his own up front all that time then when he gets a runner he doesnt play his centre forward to flick the ball on for one of them.

That said I thought Robinson particularly was woeful and certainly wouldn't bother signing him on that showing, he was poor both on the air and the ground.

Would like to see Ward off a big man who can occasionally win the ball in the air, whether Porter is that man I'm not convinced but Clough signed him so should have the confidence to pair them.

Would prefer Steve Davies on the wing in Pearsons position, not convinced he is a proper central striker either.

Very poor combination up front, theyre both runners who need a proper target man.

Ironic Clough plays Porter on his own up front all that time then when he gets a runner he doesnt play his centre forward to flick the ball on for one of them.

That said I thought Robinson particularly was woeful and certainly wouldn't bother signing him on that showing, he was poor both on the air and the ground.

Would like to see Ward off a big man who can occasionally win the ball in the air, whether Porter is that man I'm not convinced but Clough signed him so should have the confidence to pair them.

Would prefer Steve Davies on the wing in Pearsons position, not convinced he is a proper central striker either.

this is down to manager with his lack of experiance

So how does Ward arrive on time for training at Moor Farm but couldn't get to Sheff Utd for training on time?

Does this mean Derby are more relaxed about turning up for training?

Possibly more than a scattering of truth in this though;)

• 1 month later...

Archived