Shaun Harrad - Burton Albion

tropicalgrav

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think it's impossible to know whether Harrad would do a job in this league until he had a go. But it wouldn't be a huge risk based on transfer fee and wages.

Any player is a risk, some score a hatful for one club then go to another at the same level and can't hit a barn door with a banjo.

Clough's got a pretty good record of getting players from a lower level and proving they can do a half decent job even if they don't set the World alight.

Let's hold up Jake Buxton as an example of a stella signing. A player that can cover for injuries, will do a very steady job, will give 100%, won't break the bank both in terms of the fee paid, the agents fee and the wage and will be happy with his squad role.

That is what I believe Harrad will offer to Derby County and is IMO exactly the type of player we need more of.

Why would we get rid of our backup left back? :rolleyes:

I'm thinking a possible loan for Connor Doyle if he does go, or Buxton on loan for a month. (Ok, and odd deal for Buxton to go on loan for a while, but it strengthens their squad and Buxton needs the fitness that comes with first team football)

Maybe O'brien on loan next season as part of a deal?

Seen a fair bit of Harrad and, to be honest, I'd be pretty pleased if we signed him. Rarely injured, good scoring record... he'd be a decent squad player if we can get him cheap and on low wages.

BUT if he's paraded as a big-signing by the board, and earmarked for a starting spot every week, I wouldn't be pleased. We need two strikers, and I'd be happy if he was the second one after a more proven player.

Wasnt Barker the same,how long before we broke this chap?

Archived