Shaun Harrad - Burton Albion

tropicalgrav

A rumour going around Burton Albion forums is that Shaun Harrad is to join Derby at some point of the season.

Whether this will be in the January transfer window at a nominal fee, or at the end of the season when the striker is out of contract, the view that he may be coming to Derby is quite strong.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I read something on Sky from Pesch saying he hoped to keep hild of him but if he has decided to leave not much he could do about. We werent mentioned in the article though. Pesch also said that he has shown he can score against a championship side (boro t'in cup) and that is the level he would like to play at.

I did wonder when I read the articlel if that could be the striker we are looking at.

heres the bit on Sky

http://www.skysports.com/story0,19528,11750_6651436,00.html

and Crawley have had a bid rejected for him

For those who say but hes League 2 should be looking at proven goalscorers at this level Gary Hooper only had one full season above league 2 before hitting the championship with Ssausagehorpe and in that season he scored 30 goals, prior to that his best was 8 in 35 appearances in the conference Harrad has scored 13 so far this season in League 2, 17 and fifteen in the season before that.

I know League two is a big difference to the championship but 22 goals in a season at any level is a good tally. I think Harrad with Commons and/or Davies providing balls into the box and he could be a good signing

Seen a fair bit of Harrad and, to be honest, I'd be pretty pleased if we signed him. Rarely injured, good scoring record... he'd be a decent squad player if we can get him cheap and on low wages.

BUT if he's paraded as a big-signing by the board, and earmarked for a starting spot every week, I wouldn't be pleased. We need two strikers, and I'd be happy if he was the second one after a more proven player.

I don't think it is true, I would have thought we would of tried to get him much earlier then now if Clough wanted him

Been rumours for a good year or so about Clough wanting Harrad, nothing really been reported though.

Hope this is true, would definitely get us goals, good at holding up the ball aswell, and he'd be cheap. Would be very happy if we got him and Paterson in

Would be a good squad signing as said previously believe he would get a handful of goals and could be called upon if ever needed!

Havent seen much of him but his a fairly regular scorer and he scores some crackers from what ive heard anyway.. For 50 to 100k or even for free at the end of the season on a low wage, he'd be good to have!

Would be a good squad signing as said previously believe he would get a handful of goals and could be called upon if ever needed!

Havent seen much of him but his a fairly regular scorer and he scores some crackers from what ive heard anyway.. For 50 to 100k or even for free at the end of the season on a low wage, he'd be good to have!

Clough is unlikely to just sign players he doesn't think can do a job at this level. Surely he's proven by now, he knows a decent player when he see's one.

I don't know anything of this Harrad bar the 2 goals he scored against Borough, which were well taken if i remember correctly.

Would be happy with him, not as our star striker, but as someone to be involved as a sub and be in and out of the team.

Wouldn't be that expensive, with out and Burtons link there would obviously be a good deal made up. We wouldn't be forced to pay tons by them I would imagine, we'd pay a fair deal and possibly see a player go the other way.

Would be happy with him, not as our star striker, but as someone to be involved as a sub and be in and out of the team.

Wouldn't be that expensive, with out and Burtons link there would obviously be a good deal made up. We wouldn't be forced to pay tons by them I would imagine, we'd pay a fair deal and possibly see a player go the other way.

U mean Gareth Roberts is finally going huzza! Huzza! Huray

U mean Gareth Roberts is finally going huzza! Huzza! Huray

Why would we get rid of our backup left back? :rolleyes:

I'm thinking a possible loan for Connor Doyle if he does go, or Buxton on loan for a month. (Ok, and odd deal for Buxton to go on loan for a while, but it strengthens their squad and Buxton needs the fitness that comes with first team football)

Why would we get rid of our backup left back? :rolleyes:

I'm thinking a possible loan for Connor Doyle if he does go, or Buxton on loan for a month. (Ok, and odd deal for Buxton to go on loan for a while, but it strengthens their squad and Buxton needs the fitness that comes with first team football)

They got a good cb we can have instead?

Archived