The league title in our grasp

B4ev6is

I like Becchio like another poster said but personally think Dirty Leeds will hang on to him, especially as they are gunning for play offs and are progressing well. That being said they could easily decide to cash in, in Jan depending on negotiations. Would love Le Fondre but I'm sure Rotherham would ask silly money for a League 2 striker, not sure 1m would get him. In reality we may continue with Moore and Kuqi, or if one goes back then dip into the loan market again.

The way we play I think we could have Commons, Green, Bueno, Cwyka playing together. It doesn't give us the old fashioned battering ram, but it does solve the problem of which 3 of the 4 to play. Thoughts?

This is back in august but they stuck a 3 million price tag on le fondre.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3110163/Rotherham-want-f-3m-for-Le-Fondre.html

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sheep - Respect the fact you believe Kuqi/Moore are fine.

My only points back - I can see in Moore the reasons why he failed at Villa and West Brom - and for me, he's only had one good game in a Derby shirt (At Donny), but did score a good goal on Sat.

Kuqi battles well but I don't think can reproduce that over the whole season because of his age.

For me - Commons, Bueno and Cwyka are going to create so many opportunities every game that someone up top who scores regularly could have so much fun with them behind. Thats why I feel we need one more.

Kuqi and Moore are only currently here until Christmas. That leaves us short at present for the second half of the season. No sign of Porter coming back and god only knows when Davies will be fit.

I see us flirting around the 6/7/8th spot eventually this season - but if we do finish 7th or 8th - I can guarante we will all be complaining on here saying why didn't we invest in a striker in Jan!

Agree with most off that. Probably have a bit more faith in Kuqi. Think that if he's only play once per week he can show the same energy each week. Maybe not if he has 2 games though.

A striker in Jan would be brilliant.

Le Fondre is getting linked with Leeds Utd. Plus Rotheram are asking too much. He's a gamble at the end of the day. Becchio will stay at Leeds i think.... or a struggling PL side might grab him. Doubt he'd be interested in coming here. Good striker though. Well worth the sort of money at the top end of our wage budget.

personally i don't think moore has done well since he has been on loan, his goal on saturday was good however, i would love it if we resigned howard from leicster, he could give us that final push and if we renew kuqi's loan deal till end of season then we could be there or there about, I will assess where we are in jan before i make predictions.

What about David Nugent?

He is on silly wages, but i think we could get him on loan for the rest of the season by paying a percentage. He is just the kind of player we need, mobile, good touch, can link up play and a decent finisher. I think our style of play would suit him and vice versa.

I know they are out of administration, but they are still struggling moneywise and will be sh1tting it, if they are nowhere near the play offs come xmas.

I would sooner we spent money on getting bueno permanently than a striker and just surviving on loans up front for another year, or the hope that Davies or Porter get fit which seems unlikely

The thing is are Davis & Porter the answer??? I can't see Porter having the movement and workrate and Davis doesn't strike me as being a prolific goal getter...

I think it goes on if you trust cloughies judgement on them, he seems to think they are if they stay fit. the same questions have been asked about moxey, Bailey, brayford, kuqi and even the likes of Commons, leacock, savage and others, but cloughie persisted with them and believed in them and he was right.

I just wish they could get fit!

I think it goes on if you trust cloughies judgement on them, he seems to think they are if they stay fit. the same questions have been asked about moxey, Bailey, brayford, kuqi and even the likes of Commons, leacock, savage and others, but cloughie persisted with them and believed in them and he was right.

I just wish they could get fit!

Looking at Davies goal record i was about to say he'll not be the one to answer our prayers for a long term solution.....

but then you just made a bloody good point. :)

Who would I buy for a million or so? You could say thats a million dollar question nearly!!

I like the look off the following players from what I've seen of them:

Rickie Lambert at Southampton - scores goals, strong and battles well.

Parkin at Preston. 7 goals in a team languishing at the bottom. Good return.

Cannot think of many others at the moment but I am after a certain type of player.

Does anyone think Porter/Davies will offer more or less than Kuqi/Moore?

Looking at Davies goal record i was about to say he'll not be the one to answer our prayers for a long term solution.....

but then you just made a bloody good point. :)

I make them every now and then, not due another for about 6 months now.

I do think it says something that nige has got Moore in who is a similar player to Davies and kuqi who is similar in a way to Porter.

I'm not sure about Parkin, seems a bit one dimensional and I can't remember him causing Leacock too many problems when we played them. He's a bit like Steve Howard in that he concedes so many fouls whether they're justified or not because of the physical way he plays.

My shout would be Jordan Rhodes from Huddersfield, 6'1, pacy and bags for fun in League 1. Charlie Austin is another good shout but I can imagine Swindon would want more than £1m. Lambert from Southampton as well...

Jon Parkin is a hell of a player.

He was the one danger against us for Preston, got nervous whenever the ball went to him as he was able to hold off both Barker and Leacock relatively easily.

He also flatters to decieve as a target man, he's exceptionally good on the ball and can finish very well most of the time. I'd be very very happy if we could manage to get him here. Kuqis workrate with Porters finishing.

Parkin scored a superb goal against us at Preston last year (or was it the year before?) - either way - you'd think a Million would get him? Not sure how old he is now though.

It was indeed last year, hes scored a few cracking goals this season too. I think less would, as they're in money troubles and not playing well. I reckon about £800,000 would do it, perhaps less. They'd be reluctant to let go though.

Not sure his age, he's in his thirties for sure. 31-33, that sort of age.

Listen,

If Savage don't know Parkin, listen, he aint coming.

Listen, someone better get them to be friends on twitter. Listen, it's the only chance we've got of signing him.

I highly doubt that Jon Parkin is on twitter, he doesn't seem the type.

Archived