The league title in our grasp

B4ev6is

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
but dj campell has hardly played for them this season, i am sorry but i think we could get 2 or 3m for luke varney, as he cost us 1.5m, and we need to get that back at the very least but looking make a profit on him.

FFS get real B4, Varney has scored 4 goals not 10 and hes 28, there isnt a chance in hell liverpool would be interested and if they where then they would have to buy him off Blackpool because they have first option to sign him for an agreed fee of 250k.

The board didnt say anything of the sort about giving Nigel money if we where in the playoff positions they have always stated that money is available for the right players if they come along whenever. As for 5 million and buying 5 players, dont be silly thats just going to disrupt a squad thats playing the best football for years. Can maybe see us signing a centre mid in the savage mold and maybe Luke moore on a perm but thatll be about it but you can keep dreaming.

If u believe the reports there 500k fee already agreed if Blackpool want to buy.

I rather get a back up right back than a centre half.

We dont really play with "wingers" as such, I take it you mean two players for the 3 forwards players?

And Two strikers? All for 5 million? You be lucky to get two strikers for 5 million. Especially if u are rating Varney at 2-3 million.

Apparantly said by Holloway after saturdays game.

"We are going to sign him in January. We have a massive clause in there. He can’ t go anywhere else and we get him for £250,000. They can’t change that, there’s nothing they can do about it.

"Unlucky," said Holloway.

Not sure how true that is, was on tribal football.

If u believe the reports there 500k fee already agreed if Blackpool want to buy.

I rather get a back up right back than a centre half.

We dont really play with "wingers" as such, I take it you mean two players for the 3 forwards players?

And Two strikers? All for 5 million? You be lucky to get two strikers for 5 million. Especially if u are rating Varney at 2-3 million.

What actually is the formation? the newspapers have it down as allsorts but i always thought it was.

----------gk-----------

lb-----cb-----cb-----rb

------cm-----cm-------

---am----am----am----

----------fc-----------

Or is it more.

----------gk-----------

lb-----cb-----cb-----rb

------dm-----dm-------

----------cm----------

-----am-------am------

----------fc-----------

What actually is the formation? the newspapers have it down as allsorts but i always thought it was.

----------gk-----------

lb-----cb-----cb-----rb

------cm-----cm-------

---am----am----am----

----------fc-----------

Or is it more.

----------gk-----------

lb-----cb-----cb-----rb

------dm-----dm-------

----------cm----------

-----am-------am------

----------fc-----------

I take it as the first one. But not what you would call wingers. Hence David Martin can't get in the team because he is a winger and finding it hard to get use to the new system

B4 - Classic rubbish again from you but well worth it for the entertainment value.

Varney - Do you think the board have actually budgeted anymore of his wages in the future or not? If so, that is about £800,000 off the wage bill per year. I wonder if we are paying anything towards him at the moment? I wouldn't be surprised if we are - don't Blackpool have a 10k wage limit?

B4 - Why would you buy two wingers when we play a system which doesn't have wingers?

One striker - thats all I want from Santa. One striker with power, strength, a goal threat and someone to take us over the finish line. How I would like another Stevie Howard!

I take it as the first one. But not what you would call wingers. Hence David Martin can't get in the team because he is a winger and finding it hard to get use to the new system

Yeah i figured the same, i wouldnt call them wingers either but it just confused me when you said forward 3 id either call it forward 4 or forward 1 with 3 attacking mids. Just wanted to clarify.

B4 - Classic rubbish again from you but well worth it for the entertainment value.

Varney - Do you think the board have actually budgeted anymore of his wages in the future or not? If so, that is about £800,000 off the wage bill per year. I wonder if we are paying anything towards him at the moment? I wouldn't be surprised if we are - don't Blackpool have a 10k wage limit?

B4 - Why would you buy two wingers when we play a system which doesn't have wingers?

One striker - thats all I want from Santa. One striker with power, strength, a goal threat and someone to take us over the finish line. How I would like another Stevie Howard!

How haven't you picked up the "varney is worth 2-3 million"? That's the one that got me.

Im happy with Moore and Kuqi for this season 6 goals between them so far and only 1 plays at any one time and Moore's goal was a cracker saturday. I think we need to see how we do this season before we start splashing out on strikers because our key goalscorers i think are the 3 behind the striker and in Cywka, Bueno, Commons and Green to choose from I dont think there is better in this league.

How haven't you picked up the "varney is worth 2-3 million"? That's the one that got me.

It was the Liverpool being interested that made me feel the need to post :D

And if we are gonna win the title we need to get alot better away from home.

We aint gonna win the title,just my opinion.2nd doubtful.

play offs probably.

At the start of the season i hoped for 10th.My expectations have been blown out of the water and now i think 4th or 5th.More than happy with that.

could we go up from there ,why not.

this season has been a complete surprise to me and many of you.

B4,i love your optimism but play offs at best.

Sheep - Respect the fact you believe Kuqi/Moore are fine.

My only points back - I can see in Moore the reasons why he failed at Villa and West Brom - and for me, he's only had one good game in a Derby shirt (At Donny), but did score a good goal on Sat.

Kuqi battles well but I don't think can reproduce that over the whole season because of his age.

For me - Commons, Bueno and Cwyka are going to create so many opportunities every game that someone up top who scores regularly could have so much fun with them behind. Thats why I feel we need one more.

Kuqi and Moore are only currently here until Christmas. That leaves us short at present for the second half of the season. No sign of Porter coming back and god only knows when Davies will be fit.

I see us flirting around the 6/7/8th spot eventually this season - but if we do finish 7th or 8th - I can guarante we will all be complaining on here saying why didn't we invest in a striker in Jan!

Sheep - Respect the fact you believe Kuqi/Moore are fine.

My only points back - I can see in Moore the reasons why he failed at Villa and West Brom - and for me, he's only had one good game in a Derby shirt (At Donny), but did score a good goal on Sat.

Kuqi battles well but I don't think can reproduce that over the whole season because of his age.

For me - Commons, Bueno and Cwyka are going to create so many opportunities every game that someone up top who scores regularly could have so much fun with them behind. Thats why I feel we need one more.

Kuqi and Moore are only currently here until Christmas. That leaves us short at present for the second half of the season. No sign of Porter coming back and god only knows when Davies will be fit.

I see us flirting around the 6/7/8th spot eventually this season - but if we do finish 7th or 8th - I can guarante we will all be complaining on here saying why didn't we invest in a striker in Jan!

I agree a top CF could make all the difference. If we had for arguments sake £1m and £10k a week to spend, who woudl you sign?

Go for it I say, when we went up under Davies we scraped so many wins 1-0 that we probably didn't deserve, a few of those went the other way and we could have been mid-table at best, but the points kept mounting up and we got through it.

This time around we are outplaying most teams convincingly, we have played quite a few of our upper table rivals and we haven't shamed ourselves.

That is the big difference for me, this time we are actually deserving the wins and doing well in matches, 1-0 wins have turned into 3 or 4 goal thumpings. It could be bad if we go up, yes, but you have to take these chances when they come.

And if we are gonna win the title we need to get alot better away from home.

I disagree with that one. In our last 6 games away we have picked up 8 points, with that average we will get another 18 points.

In the last 6 at home we have picked up 18 points. Maintain that we will pick up another 42 at home.

Total 90 points and definite automatic and chance at the title.

I know we will probably draw or lose a few home games between now and the end of the season, but it wouldn't need a massive improvement in away form to make up for that.

At the moment we are the best team on the last 8 results, and have been for the majority of the past 4 weeks. If we improve this slightly we have a good chance of winning the league.

http://stats.football365.com/dom/ENG/D1/oform.html

I agree a top CF could make all the difference. If we had for arguments sake £1m and £10k a week to spend, who woudl you sign?

I like Becchio like another poster said but personally think Dirty Leeds will hang on to him, especially as they are gunning for play offs and are progressing well. That being said they could easily decide to cash in, in Jan depending on negotiations. Would love Le Fondre but I'm sure Rotherham would ask silly money for a League 2 striker, not sure 1m would get him. In reality we may continue with Moore and Kuqi, or if one goes back then dip into the loan market again.

The way we play I think we could have Commons, Green, Bueno, Cwyka playing together. It doesn't give us the old fashioned battering ram, but it does solve the problem of which 3 of the 4 to play. Thoughts?

Archived