Bristol City (H) - Match Thread

On 02/09/2024 at 12:11, Eoghan1884 said:

For the Cardiff game after the high of this game I’m not sure what narrative I think will happen.

A 1-0 loss to bottom of the table (very Derby).

Jerry Yates winner as a Swansea player on loan playing against Cardiff.

NML first goal of the season as he’ll be fired up after tragically losing his friend Sol Bamba and it being against Cardiff adds to this. 

Kane Wilson off the bench to score the winner back after injury and after becoming a father to his new born daughter. 

Or a boring 0-0 draw after us playing like Real Madrid. 

I’ll be surprised if it’s on. Weather forecast looking very dodgy ❄️❄️❄️☃️☃️

On 02/09/2024 at 08:43, Srg said:

It's interesting Manning stated about his team being 'too emotional'. You could take this as him commenting on Bird and Knight, but I didn't take it that way

Oh. I did. What do you think he was saying ? 

PS love Jason Knight but no way is he a captain. Even W Rooney realised that was a mistake …

Knight and Bird are both 23 now. They still look like decent Championship players, with some limitations. In truth that's roughly where they've been for a while - neither has massively kicked on. Neither looked massively too good for League One, for that matter. It is hard to be objective about them, but I don't think either is going to be quite as good as we thought or hoped they might.

10 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

PS love Jason Knight but no way is he a captain. Even W Rooney realised that was a mistake …

He could have been referring to T-Whine also - he was positively hysterical only 90 seconds in and stayed that way until Manning took pity on him and**ahem** yanked him off.

10 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

I kind of explained it in the rest of the post I made, but I think he meant the entire team. They didn't respond well to our fans getting loud. They were over-awed and noticeably became wobbly. Lost their heads in that period after the second goal.

3 hours ago, Srg said:

I kind of explained it in the rest of the post I made, but I think he meant the entire team. They didn't respond well to our fans getting loud. They were over-awed and noticeably became wobbly. Lost their heads in that period after the second goal.

It just goes to show what an important part the home fans can play this season and the addition of flags and banners has helped I think (well done to those involved). The atmosphere in our two victories was very reminiscent  of our -21 points season and long may it continue.  It was surprising how stunned and quiet the City fans were in the second half, as if they expected to just turn up and take the three points.