Rate The Last Film You Saw

WorksopRam

World War Z - 6.5/10. Good take on the zombie genre, the ending was a little disappointing for me but its watchable.

The Master - 7/10. Joaquin Phoenix was very good, as was Phillip Seymour Hoffman.  The film had quite a slow pace but it was an interesting story and was definitely a not-so-thinly-veiled jab at all that Scientology gubbins.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apocalypto 7/10

Directed by Mel Gibson, it concerns itself with Jaguar Paw (Rudy Youngblood), captured by Aztecs (or are they Incas? The architecture is rather muddled) and his subsequent escape.

A pretty good yarn, although the solar total eclipse is all wrong (as many things are).

Guardians Of The Galaxy - 8/10. Really good film. It's what I expected from a Marvel film. Vin Diesel gives the performance of his life......he has 3 words to say & plays a tree!

RIPD - 5/10. Blatant Men In Black rip off. Watch only if you have nothing else to watch.

Guardians Of The Galaxy - 8/10. Really good film. It's what I expected from a Marvel film. Vin Diesel gives the performance of his life......he has 3 words to say & plays a tree!

I just went to see this yesterday as well. I really enjoyed it.  There was a great soundtrack, some top CGI on display, it had a fairly decent script that resulted in some witty banter between characters.  And I fully agree on the Vin Diesel front (in fact, i'm more likely to watch the next Fast & Furious movie if he turns up in that as the Tree from Guardians Of The Galaxy)...all in all 8/10 is a good score!

Introduced the lad to Tremors. He gave it 8 which is fair enough.

You can't go wrong with Tremors.....well actually, I guess you can, Tremors 2, 3, 4 and the series were all varying degrees of gash. 

The original, is still great though.

2010 - nowhere near the masterpiece that its predecessor was, but an enjoyable enough flick - 6.5/10

The Way Way Back 8.5/10 Excellent film with a great cast Steve Carell(horrible character played very well),Toni Collette(does what she does really well) and Sam Rockwell(awesome as ever) to name a few.It's a reel feel good movie but done in a real good way,not a soppy way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwNo1i3jkCo

Oculus 7/10 I was really pleased with this.It's not gonna be everyone's cup of tea, but if you like a good supernatural horror with the odd twist then give it a go.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYJrxezWLUk

Archived