Rate The Last Film You Saw

WorksopRam

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes 8/10

Really good but there's bits where I think most people will think "argh, they should have done this instead"

Still class. The humans aren't really that engaging though. Bit dull. The apes are rightly the stars. Started off all tribal which was cool and then they pick up guns which is ok but the opening scene was so much better for them. By the end they're hairy humans. Which I guess is the idea. But you'll see what I mean I hope.

Watch it! Really good.

Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes 8/10

Really good but there's bits where I think most people will think "argh, they should have done this instead"

Still class. The humans aren't really that engaging though. Bit dull. The apes are rightly the stars. Started off all tribal which was cool and then they pick up guns which is ok but the opening scene was so much better for them. By the end they're hairy humans. Which I guess is the idea. But you'll see what I mean I hope.

Watch it! Really good.

saw it the other day, i'd like them to jump forward into the future like the first of the originals but not sure with that ending

i'll second that recomendation, best film i've seen in the past 5 years

Ordered A Place Beyond the Pines and Only God Forgives. 

And also Salmon Fishing in the Yemen, which is obviously a much different movie in tone, but I've had it on the backburner since seeing the trailer for it in the cinema years ago!

Only God Forgives. 

I watched this about a year ago. It's a pretty quirky film.  I think Ryan Gosling only speaks about 15 times throughout the entire movie.  It's different but well worth a watch.

Ordered A Place Beyond the Pines and Only God Forgives. 

And also Salmon Fishing in the Yemen, which is obviously a much different movie in tone, but I've had it on the backburner since seeing the trailer for it in the cinema years ago!

bit of a ryan gosling fan?  ;)

:D

Not by design. I can't actually remember seeing him in much, but Drive was great and I though he was brilliant in it. The other two sound interesting so more than willing to give them a chance!

I used to categories him with the likes of robert pattinson, but i was proven wrong, he's in some great films and is a pretty good actor 

I used to categories him with the likes of robert pattinson, but i was proven wrong, he's in some great films and is a pretty good actor 

TBH, the only thing that I could remember him from beforehand was a movie he did with Anthony Hopkins, titled Fracture - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fracture_(2007_film)

It's a really good movie, and I won't give anything away as it's well worth a watch, but Gosling's character, I found incredibly irritating.

Archived