Daniel Iversen

7 minutes ago, Gabby'sThighs said:

I don't know how realistic either signing would be, but I think we should target players with re-sale value. Iversen is coming up to 27 but would probably be a loan, Mat Ryan is 32.
I'd be more inclined to go for Arthur Okonkwo or (stealing from the Rams Talk podcast) Sam Tickle from Wigan. Both 22. Either could go for a lot of money in a couple of seasons.

Having Mr Tickle in goal is surely cheating given the length of his arms?

28 minutes ago, Gabby'sThighs said:

I don't know how realistic either signing would be, but I think we should target players with re-sale value. Iversen is coming up to 27 but would probably be a loan, Mat Ryan is 32.
I'd be more inclined to go for Arthur Okonkwo or (stealing from the Rams Talk podcast) Sam Tickle from Wigan. Both 22. Either could go for a lot of money in a couple of seasons.

I see your point, however we need a mix of youth and experience ideally and goalkeeper is a position where experience is invaluable (and we have a couple of young keepers coming through also who could see us right over the coming years, once theyโ€™ve been out and played menโ€™s football at a decent level ).

Also Tickle would be silly money I think, heโ€™s rated very highly.

14 minutes ago, goodgollymickbrolly said:

I see your point, however we need a mix of youth and experience ideally and goalkeeper is a position where experience is invaluable (and we have a couple of young keepers coming through also who could see us right over the coming years, once theyโ€™ve been out and played menโ€™s football at a decent level ).

Also Tickle would be silly money I think, heโ€™s rated very highly.

True. An old head while Jack Thompson comes through could work. He's looked quality from the bits I've seen of the U18s.

1 hour ago, Gabby'sThighs said:

Tickle is an outstanding prospect. I don't know what Wigan would want for him, but he's just signed a new contract and I suspect we're talking real money, i.e. ยฃ5-10m, certainly out of our price range anyway.ย 

57 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Tickle is an outstanding prospect. I don't know what Wigan would want for him, but he's just signed a new contract and I suspect we're talking real money, i.e. ยฃ5-10m, certainly out of our price range anyway.ย 

Yeah, just seen that he's signed up until 2028 so probably unrealistic...

5 hours ago, Gabby'sThighs said:

Good shout. We could sign his sister Tess for Ewe Rams too ๐Ÿ™‚