Marc Leonard

jimbobram

20 minutes ago, jono said:

I know this is drifting off topic but it is strange. I remember reading once that Scotland provided the world with more invention per capita than any other nation. 

In the interest of fairness there have been vast areas of England that suffered the same fate , anyway let’s hope this lad is a decent player and we can land him 😀

15 hours ago, jono said:

I think the problem is the square sausages, not everyone’s cup of tea. 

I wonder though .. what is the score of English titles and trophies won by Scottish managers ? I suspect there is a huge per capita victory margin lurking somewhere in statsville

i think a few years back say 2012/13 there were more Premier League managers born in the environs of Glasgow than ones born in England!!!

Because it’s solid analysis and @jimbobram will love it. I bought Leonard and Karamoke Dembele on FM24. As cost effective signings for a relatively skint club (following promotion from L1) they were achievable, low risk and held their own.

As I’m clever and stuff, we at least know Matt Hales logic is on point.

Leonard had a greater impact than Dembele. So I’m in 🥳

2 minutes ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

Because it’s solid analysis and @jimbobram will love it. I bought Leonard and Karamoke Dembele on FM24. As cost effective signings for a relatively skint club (following promotion from L1) they were achievable, low risk and held their own.

As I’m clever and stuff, we at least know Matt Hales logic is on point.

Leonard had a greater impact than Dembele. So I’m in 🥳

Leonard, Ebou and Dembele....Smells like back to back promotion

20 hours ago, GB SPORTS said:

i think a few years back say 2012/13 there were more Premier League managers born in the environs of Glasgow than ones born in England!!!

An English manager has never won the premier league. The last English manager to win the league in England was Howard Wilkinson believe it or not.

Heard that stat recently and thought it was hard to believe

47 minutes ago, Sweetness34 said:

An English manager has never won the premier league. The last English manager to win the league in England was Howard Wilkinson believe it or not.

Yep ,  that’s quite something 

On 20/06/2024 at 09:18, Sweetness34 said:

Frightening stat but from my POV the premier league isn’t really an entity. It’s the first tier of English football, you can change its name but bottom line is … it’s the First Division.. so a more accurate statement would be An English manager hasn’t won it since 1992. ( pedantry is an art form 🤪

Apart from creating a huge imbalance between Div 1 and Div2 I struggle to see what the PL has achieved in purely sporting terms. 

1 hour ago, jono said:

Frightening stat but from my POV the premier league isn’t really an entity. It’s the first tier of English football, you can change its name but bottom line is … it’s the First Division.. so a more accurate statement would be An English manager hasn’t won it since 1992. ( pedantry is an art form 🤪

Apart from creating a huge imbalance between Div 1 and Div2 I struggle to see what the PL has achieved in purely sporting terms. 

I thought I mentioned the last English manager to win the league in Wngland did I not?

11 hours ago, Sweetness34 said:

I thought I mentioned the last English manager to win the league in Wngland did I not?

You did. Sorry, I didn’t wasn’t having a go. I was just on a moan about the PL and your post gave me a chance to have another grumble about the PL and a bit of a current beef of mine vis the extreme distortion of sport for mass consumption and payment. I have these moments and ramblings from time to time ! 

25 minutes ago, jono said:

You did. Sorry, I didn’t wasn’t having a go. I was just on a moan about the PL and your post gave me a chance to have another grumble about the PL and a bit of a current beef of mine vis the extreme distortion of sport for mass consumption and payment. I have these moments and ramblings from time to time ! 

It's all good mate. My reply was a bit arsey to be honest. Feeling under the weather, sorry