Pre season

We’ve got round the sides several times and just not clinical enough with the final ball or shot. Given it away cheaply a few times, Wilson and Thompson particularly not in the game whatsoever. Their front three doing a good job of dropping 10 yards off the last man behind our midfield and receiving it in acres and we don’t know whether to get tight or not. 

Not a great fan of the 5-3-2. 

When the three central midfield players are all defensive minded, and the full-backs are gassed after 20 minutes, you end up looking like you've only got two attacking players.

Jackson and NML having to create and do everything and it's tough going. 

1 minute ago, CapeTownRams said:

Clear that the Ipswich fans were right about Jackson…: he’s fast, direct and runs a lot….. but his shooting/finishing needs some work…

Fans aren’t stupid are they ?  Ignore the hyperbolic, noisy empty vessels and listen to the ones with considered opinions and experience. They’ve been there and seen it. If I see a fan comment on something I don’t know and it’s clearly thoughtful, rather than emotional gut;  I listen .. like us, they know 

Can somebody please tell me what Liam Thompson brings to the team?

I mean, if you spend the half chasing shadows, you might expect to catch one now and then 🤷‍♂️

I know he’s ’one of our own’ but, let’s pretend for a second he was a £300K signing from Burton or somewhere, could you honestly say he’s doing well?

Nothing against him personally but, if he’s in the starting eleven on day one of the Championship, we’re in for a long season.

Jackson, Elder and Kenzo our best players. It’s clear they’re putting emphasis on suffocating our right hand side when Kane and Tommo get it.

Goal is a mix up w Ebou and Elder and Vickers should be doing better with that. JWZ saves it …

Just now, Birdyabroad said:

Can somebody please tell me what Liam Thompson brings to the team?

I mean, if you spend the half chasing shadows, you might expect to catch one now and then 🤷‍♂️

I know he’s ’one of our own’ but, let’s pretend for a second he was a £300K signing from Burton or somewhere, could you honestly say he’s doing well?

Nothing against him personally but, if he’s in the starting eleven on day one of the Championship, we’re in for a long season.

He's a squad player with good utility. Every team needs them

A few "pre-season passes" as you'd expect, interesting we've been caught by a few breaks, sure that'll be Warne's takeaway to work on after this. Mind you from what we've seen and read, can't see a Kenzo, Ozoh and Adams being the easiest to cut through come the season. Defensive unit in general hasn't looked organised, I include the midfield off the ball in that. Kenzo has looked better defensively than I expected but as an individual 

Kenzo and Elder looking interesting today, like @Srg said getting in behind fullbacks a lot often from Elder who's going to make me use the cliché "could he like a new signing" at this rate, that defensive moment aside 

Jackson looking interesting, lots of good positions but not as good finishing, then a good shot on the turn well saved