George Edmundson

gfs1ram

Was going to put on another thread that I think we could get George

He's not been selected quite a lot and don't think he's going to play much in the prem with ipswich

If we want to start getting a decent championship team/squad together maybe a cheeky bid for   Edmundson , Jack Taylor and Colby Bishop from tractor boys wouldn't hurt

Looking at some players who are not getting the game time they want that also means looking at players like Matt Godden from Coventry championship and  there are a lot of fringe players that could do well for us as well as Gayle and Brannigan from Oxford would be nice and Azeez from Reading and a  real playmaker would also be nice as well as Ebou 

Edited by S8TY

6 minutes ago, S8TY said:

He's not been selected quite a lot and don't think he's going to play much in the prem with ipswich

If we want to start getting a decent championship team/squad together maybe a cheeky bid for   Edmundson , Jack Taylor and Colby Bishop from tractor boys wouldn't hurt

Looking at some players who are not getting the game time they want that also means looking at players like Matt Godden from Coventry championship and  there are a lot of fringe players that could do well for us as well as Gayle and Brannigan from Oxford would be nice and Azeez from Reading and a  real playmaker would also be nice as well as Ebou 

Colby Bishop is a Pompey player is he not ? 

Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, S8TY said:

Mentioned him earlier as being very much on our radar for a year.  May have to lose Cashin if we get him though, with Edmundson as a makeweight, as Ipswich have been keen on him for a year.  Them getting promoted is probably not the best news as unless his agents an idiot, he'll have a release clause for premier league interest no doubt. 

Bit of a long one mate.  In a nutshell, on deadline day Brighton were signing him and sending him out on loan.  Derby insisted on having him back but Brighton had already agreed a loan to Blackburn or Ipswich.  Derby weren't to chuffed but relented and agreed to Ipswich if we could have Edmundson on a season long.  Ipswich said no, so we said no and Brighton agreed to send Cashin back to us for the season but too late in the day.

Edited by Gee SCREAMER !!

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Mentioned him earlier as being very much on our radar for a year.  May have to lose Cashin if we get him though, with Edmundson as a makeweight, as Ipswich have been keen on him for a year.  Them getting promoted is probably not the best news as unless his agents an idiot, he'll have a release clause for premier league interest no doubt. 

Bit of a long one mate.  In a nutshell, on deadline day Brighton were signing him and sending him out on loan.  Derby insisted on having him back but Brighton had already agreed a loan to Blackburn or Ipswich.  Derby weren't to chuffed but relented and agreed to Ipswich if we could have Edmundson on a season long.  Ipswich said no, so we said no and Brighton agreed to send Cashin back to us for the season but too late in the day.

Cashin to a Premier League Ipswich (a well run, stable club) makes far too much sense for my liking

Edited by DarkFruitsRam7

12 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Cashin to a Premier League Ipswich (a well run, stable club) makes far too much sense for my liking

Wouldn't make that much sense for him I wouldn't have thought. They'll be fighting relegation, so unless they're stupid they'll have a relegation reduction clause in every contract. He may also end up being loaned out to a Championship club. So unless he's desperate to get away and fancies the opportunity and a bit more money, it might not be as attractive to him as leaving last season was.

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Crewton said:

Wouldn't make that much sense for him I wouldn't have thought. They'll be fighting relegation, so unless they're stupid they'll have a relegation reduction clause in every contract. He may also end up being loaned out to a Championship club. So unless he's desperate to get away and fancies the opportunity and a bit more money, it might not be as attractive to him as leaving last season was.

I don't know. Working with a progressive coach at a well-run club is always going to be tempting. I question what else he has to learn with another year at Derby, particularly when he's already comfortably Championship level.

He'll back himself to break into the team, or at the very least learn for a year and force his way in eventually. Phil Foden had to be patient at Man City, but it worked in the end.

Edited by DarkFruitsRam7

2 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I don't know. Working with a progressive coach at a well-run club is always going to be tempting. He'll back himself to break into the team, or at the very least learn for a year and force his way in eventually.

I'm going to stick my neck out and say he won't go to Ipswich, but there's nothing wrong with your reasoning.

3 hours ago, Crewton said:

I'm going to stick my neck out and say he won't go to Ipswich, but there's nothing wrong with your reasoning.

I think it will be Brighton tbh. They offer a similar prospect, but with less of a relegation threat and a more proven model of selling players onto big clubs.

But obviously I want him to stay here for the rest of his career!

11 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I think it will be Brighton tbh. They offer a similar prospect, but with less of a relegation threat and a more proven model of selling players onto big clubs.

But obviously I want him to stay here for the rest of his career!

It could be he'll end up playing for McKenna anyway if he did go to Brighton:-

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2024/may/01/brighton-ipswich-kieran-mckenna-roberto-de-zerbi