Congrats from a Wanderer

On 28/04/2024 at 13:40, BWFCNick said:

Hi all,

I just wanted to pop on and say congrats on a successful season and well deserved promotion. I know there's been some ill feeling between fans, mostly on the toxic social media platforms (not helped by a large number of idiots of which we at Bolton have f****** loads). I've scanned through your forum and a few others to regularly to check in on the thoughts of some of our promotion rivals over the season and as forums go, this one is generally positive and full of good and honest opinions. We have another fan called Wanderlust who often peruses the various forums and I feel he is a good fan for honest opinions too. I hope we can join you, I'm sure there's plenty of you hoping we stumble and end up stuck in L1 for at least another year, mainly for the fans who've been making stupid excuses for us not winning points this season. Reality is, you and Pompey were the most consistent teams over the season and thoroughly deserve your promotion, so well done and good luck in the championship next year. With your stadium and fanbase and what your fans have been through (trust me, I know what it feels like too), you deserve some good times now!

All the best gents (and ladies)

Sorry your team didn't turn up at the playoffs final. All the best next season.

1 hour ago, Brammie Steve said:

I really hoped Bolton would turn up.

So the team that scraped past a very deserving   Lincoln City to finish 6th gets promoted.

Makes about as much sense as VAR and parachute 🪂 payments 

How can Lincoln deserve it , they finished 7th.

Oxford finished 5th, above Barnsley who had been up there for most of the season.

I’ve said it many times, top two is promotion, next four is a knockout competition.

1 hour ago, Brammie Steve said:

I really hoped Bolton would turn up.

So the team that scraped past a very deserving   Lincoln City to finish 6th gets promoted.

Makes about as much sense as VAR and parachute 🪂 payments 

What made Lincoln City “very deserving” but not Oxford and how did Oxford “scrape” past them when they finished three points ahead and finished 5th not 6th?

On 28/04/2024 at 13:40, BWFCNick said:

We have another fan called Wanderlust who often peruses the various forums and I feel he is a good fan for honest opinions too.

Yeah. Made a big impression with us lot! In all honesty, I think he was the main reason that so many on here were happy to see Oxford take the spoils.

Points well made.

My post was made not in anger but in sorrow.

Lincoln had a great end to the season.(and wife’s family live there.)

Bolton kept us on our toes when we usually have an end of season slump.

Happy for Oxford who, along with the Rams, survived the tender insurgence of the Maxwell famiglia. (google it!)

PS I’m no Manure fan but glad they beat Citeh!

Have a great summer everyone!