Rams TV

Yep got July taken (nothing for June), plus the email saying it was all changing to a new provider
Can't see anywhere on the website to show I actually have the membership I'm being charged for though

10 minutes ago, jenno said:

I'm all set ready for Rams player to go live - I've used smartview from my Samsung tablet to mirror my screen to the TV 📺 👌 👍 

How does that work - just bought a new Tab S9 and not done anything like that yet. 

7 minutes ago, Carnero said:

No Chromecast button on the new rams tv... ugh.

Are you sure there was one before? I remember querying it with them before and was told that they could not add Chromecast because in licensing terms that would count as broadcasting and that is not permitted by the EFL.

16 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

Are you sure there was one before? I remember querying it with them before and was told that they could not add Chromecast because in licensing terms that would count as broadcasting and that is not permitted by the EFL.

I'm sure I've done chromecast before, but equally I remember having to physically connect my laptop up to the TV.
Not sure if it's a Championship vs L1 thing or a new broadcast contract, the restrictions this year are more strict than last

1 hour ago, therealhantsram said:

1 hour ago, Quagga said:

I'm sure I've done chromecast before, but equally I remember having to physically connect my laptop up to the TV.
Not sure if it's a Championship vs L1 thing or a new broadcast contract, the restrictions this year are more strict than last

I've always used the Chromecast button right up until tonight! 🤷‍♂️  it's not there now though and there's no point complaining as it was never supposed to be there under the broadcasting rules for whatever reason.

Edit: I've always used browser to cast it (not the app)

Edited by Carnero

On 10/07/2024 at 23:19, Simmo’s left foot said:

I received a payment failure notice last month, but my card is correct and the number they quoted the last 4 digits of was incorrect. I suspected a phishing email, but it has just happened again. Emailed them but no reply!

Can't say I'm impressed with their service...shame because the live broadcasts are excellent.

On 12/07/2024 at 02:05, Simmo’s left foot said:

Interestingly the missed payment I had was because they tried to charge the wrong card number (An old one) rather than the card I have been using regularly. Seems the changeover to a new provider has not been very smooth!

Had same experience as you. Just wasted 30 mins trying to work out if this was a phishing attempt before checking on here and reading your posts.

Now wondering about giving my correct card number to this new app provider who've already shown they're not competent enough to accurately upload a relatively simple database. 

15 hours ago, Carnero said:

I've always used the Chromecast button right up until tonight! 🤷‍♂️  it's not there now though and there's no point complaining as it was never supposed to be there under the broadcasting rules for whatever reason.

Edit: I've always used browser to cast it (not the app)

Sometimes you can cast the tab (and then go full screen) if the video doesn't allow casting.
Or do screen mirror with the TV

7 hours ago, ramesses said:

Had same experience as you. Just wasted 30 mins trying to work out if this was a phishing attempt before checking on here and reading your posts.

Now wondering about giving my correct card number to this new app provider who've already shown they're not competent enough to accurately upload a relatively simple database. 

I have been ignoring the multiple stripe failed payment emails as it was to an old card and I cancelled my subscription in May so ignored the emails.

But family has just done a monthly look at our various bank accounts and spotted a charge for 19.99 from RamsTV to another different card that had been used in the past for ramstv.

Would recommend anyone who has used RamsTV checks their bank accounts to see if they have been charged after cancellation too.

On 12/07/2024 at 14:17, MadAmster said:

June subs still not taken, July payment taken yesterday. Just paid my fiver for Matlock... still 15 quid up on the deal 🙂

Looks like the monthly subscription includes the friendlies. Mine is showing 'Video purchased available soon' for both the Stockport and Chesterfield games. 

37 minutes ago, Big Bad Bob said:

Looks like the monthly subscription includes the friendlies. Mine is showing 'Video purchased available soon' for both the Stockport and Chesterfield games. 

Mine says the same and I don’t subscribe to RamsTV. 

1 hour ago, Big Bad Bob said:

No it doesn't. Taken from the DCFC website...

Important: Due to the differences in broadcast agreements between clubs, the Rams are unable to include pre-season fixtures in the monthly RamsTV subscription packages. An update will be sent to subscribers on what will be included in their package ahead of the start of the 2024/25 season.

Full info at https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2024/07/live-stream-matlock-town-a-july-2024

On 12/07/2024 at 19:14, RoyMac5 said:

How does that work - just bought a new Tab S9 and not done anything like that yet. 

When you swipe down from the top of your screen twice, it shows a list of all your options (sound, rotate, wifi, etc) in the bottom left is smartview to mirror your Tablets screen to the TV.

I'm on Samsung's budget tablet the a8

To chromecast.... Go via the dcfc website on PC/laptop, choose the 3 dots, top left. Then click on save and share and then on cast. Never tried it but I presume doing the same to chromecast it to your TV would work on a phone or tablet as well.

cast.png

Is anyone else having problems with the new "Userway" button on RamsTV videos on the DCFC website? 

It is sitting over the full screen button, no matter which way I hold the screen so I can't enlarge the video to the full window.

Given that Userway is supposed to help with accessibility I am finding it very frustrating that it is preventing me viewing videos on full screen! 

I suspect that I'm missing something obvious, so hopefully one of you can put me right.

7 minutes ago, angieram said:

Is anyone else having problems with the new "Userway" button on RamsTV videos on the DCFC website? 

It is sitting over the full screen button, no matter which way I hold the screen so I can't enlarge the video to the full window.

Given that Userway is supposed to help with accessibility I am finding it very frustrating that it is preventing me viewing videos on full screen! 

I suspect that I'm missing something obvious, so hopefully one of you can put me right.

Have you tried switching it off and then on again? 
special thanks to @Boycie for that hint