Average attendance v that small club up the A52

Justa

Hope my stats are correct but I thought I’d look at the average attendance for the mighty Rams promotion from L1 compared to the L1 promotion season from that team where they made frilly pants.

DCFC 20/23 - 27,278

Trees - 07/08 - 19,956

As the great man said Nottingham never has been and never will be a footballing City !

COYR !

Your stats are indeed correct & proves what we already knew about the respective supporter base of both clubs.

I wanted to expand the idea a little further to the crowd numbers in the third tier for any team matching the 'what on earth are they doing at that level' criteria, beginning with Manchester City who dropped into then Division 1 for 1998-99. It also makes a nice 25 year stint for comparison with the crowds Derby have averaged in our 2 year stint down here. Full table below which shows just how loyal this fanbase have been - only Sunderland & Man City pip us on average crowds and of course, City were only down at this level for one season, we've had two.

I think it also starkly illustrates the gap in support between Derby & our local competition. When the going got really tough, we showed up in far greater numbers - true measure of support, true measure of loyalty.

image.png.f67affb6fe22c7201d46bc28b2a40bf2.png

I met two florist ‘fans’ in a pub I was celebrating in last evening 🍻

I pointed out their poorer average and biggest attendances this season. They said it was the stadium size limiting. 

I asked them how often they go to the city ground 

oh we don’t go very often we follow them on tv 🤣

2 hours ago, Rambam said:

Surely Forest could cite the fact that they are a two team city, albeit a city with a population 40% bigger than ours? 

Their catchment area is much bigger than that though. Only Lincoln and Grimsby between them and the North Sea.

3 hours ago, Rambam said:

Surely Forest could cite the fact that they are a two team city, albeit a city with a population 40% bigger than ours? 

They could, although in 07/08 Notts County had an average attendance of 4,732. Even if you combine the two leaves you with 25,010.

Still 2,259 fewer than Derby. 

You would need to add Mansfield Towns 2,821 average figure for that season to swing the numbers in their favour.