Playoffs,come on Oxford

ziggazagga

2 hours ago, Mckram said:

I saw that Oxford have sold a similar number of tickets to Bolton for Wembley…that’s got to be tough to take for Bolton!

I doubt they will lose too much sleep over it. You always get a load of glory hunters for such games.

6 hours ago, Thameram said:

Going to Wembley Saturday Oxford my local team 

Finish work early so I can catch this. Still not sure who I’ll be ‘supporting’. I fancy Oxford to win it

4 hours ago, SKRam said:

Finish work early so I can catch this. Still not sure who I’ll be ‘supporting’. I fancy Oxford to win it

Gotta support Oxford evatt is well mardy didn't really congratulate us just made out they were unlucky 

Come on Oxford, I want that League 1 Jim Smith promotion party to be complete! Then celebrate with a glass of red.

So I'm more pro-Oxford than anti-Bolton, although Bolton staying down will challenge Birmingham more.

Posted (edited)

Surprised to see a big chunk of empty seating. Maybe my memory is failing me but I don’t remember that for the two finals I’ve been to with Derby (Villa and QPR).

I suppose ours were Championship play offs but even so.

Edited by Tamworthram

3 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Surprised to see a big chunk of empty seating. Maybe my memory is failing me but I don’t remember that for the two finals I’ve been to with Derby (Villa and QPR).

I've made the same comment to my wife, not that she was interested.😁

You only have to look at various clubs' accounts, to see what a difference our fan base makes over other teams. Our ticket sales are much better than those of Stoke and Bristol, even though we were a division below them at the time. Our turnover being £4m higher than Bristol, despite them getting around £5m more from the football league share out.

8 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I suppose ours were Championship play offs but even so.

I think they were each given c36,000 tickets. Last I heard Bolton had sold 30,000.

Even allowing for League One, they haven't got the depth of fanbase we have.

The Oxford lot will be mostly daytrippers! 

Also, hospitality is always sparse when it's a lower-league offering as there are less hangers-on. Shame that section is directly opposite the tv cameras.

Just now, angieram said:

I think they were each given c36,000 tickets. Last I heard Bolton had sold 30,000.

Even allowing for League One, they haven't got the depth of fanbase we have.

The Oxford lot will be mostly daytrippers! 

Also, hospitality is always sparse when it's a lower-league offering as there are less hangers-on. Shame that section is directly opposite the tv cameras.

I’m surprised with the usual hangers on and day trippers that Bolton couldn’t sell all of theirs.

Just now, Tamworthram said:

I’m surprised with the usual hangers on and day trippers that Bolton couldn’t sell all of theirs.

I'm not. They were getting 20,000 to home games. A 50% increase on that is good.

We'd have sold out quickly and been asking for more. Attendance FC! 😂