Just let him rest in peace

ramsbottom

3 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

I know we’d should be all nice to Cardiff this off season as we all want them to let us have Ebou, but this is feckin disgusting behaviour. Their chairman is as bad as Courig and the dog finger up North…

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/ckmj4gedjr5o

"A figure of 120.2m euros (£104m) was estimated after "an in-depth analysis" by a legal expert"

£119m of that will be his fees 

2 hours ago, Crewton said:

"A figure of 120.2m euros (£104m) was estimated after "an in-depth analysis" by a legal expert"

Probably the same guy who valued our ground the same as Morecambe's - did he base the estimate on Mbappe's value?

Don't expect anything less from those classless owners at Cardiff.

On a tangent, people dying and then families fighting over their estate / assets is disgusting. I was the executor of a friend's will and it's amazing how many people who couldn't give a toss about him all of a sudden come out of the woodwork. Family that never spoke to him demanding XYZ, threatening to take me to court over assets which were to be sold and money towards the charity he worked at, once he retired. 

Genuinely never felt so horrible and angry at human beings.

Edited by SSD

20 hours ago, StaffsRam said:

Probably the same guy who valued our ground the same as Morecambe's - did he base the estimate on Mbappe's value?

They asked Gibson for advice - if Sala had been available, they would have picked up 3 extra points and avoided relegation. This is why the compensation is close to £100m more than the Sala transfer fee (£15m?). That part will be quickly dismissed, as the figure ignores the fact an extra season in the PL also results in additional costs and there's no way to prove what Cardiff would or wouldn't have spent.

The tactic is to start high and settle for less. I expect around halfway between the full fee paid and the expected legal costs.

So far, only the owner(?) of the flight providers has been prosecuted. Cardiff claim is due to the agent (who represented Nantes) was the person who organised the flight.i don't think Cardiff have filed against the correct party, but Nantes will probably give in (to an agreement) due to the potentially high legal fees.

I hope they walk away with nothing but a large legal expenses bill to pay.

Telling me they've looked at the Premier League games and said, if Sala had played we would have scored there and won the game.

This is even worse than the xG stat.

Without looking, I'm guessing the Cardiff fans are embarrassed and ashamed by this, unbelievable stuff by another wrong's in the game.

On 24/04/2024 at 18:55, Day said:

I hope they walk away with nothing but a large legal expenses bill to pay.

Telling me they've looked at the Premier League games and said, if Sala had played we would have scored there and won the game.

This is even worse than the xG stat.

Without looking, I'm guessing the Cardiff fans are embarrassed and ashamed by this, unbelievable stuff by another wrong's in the game.

I work with a Cardiff fan and I shared similar opinions about this whole ordeal. He didn’t try and defend what they were doing as he thinks it’s crass but he did point to the fact (according to him) that they’d booked him a seat on a commercial flight the next day to come over but an agent used by his French team got this tragic flight arranged which ultimately led to his passing.

They also went down by 2 points so the idea that with a £15m striker for half the season they’d have got more than 2 points isn’t cloud cuckoo land. 

It’s really crass and it makes me uncomfortable but if this same situation had happened with nobody losing their life I think there’s maybe be a bit more sympathy.